Master Cleanser

Options
I want to try the master cleanser (aka lemon diet). Has anyone try it, and did work for you..... The good the bad and the ugly.......

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I'm ready for the fun. :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    colbert-popcorn.gif
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get the good toilet paper, and some prep h.

In all seriousness, it's not necessary. Your body already cleanses things quite nicely. There is no reason to drink cayenne pepper to help things along.

Just eat a deficit and get active - your body will thank you a lot more than if you deprive it of actual food for any length of time.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I was trying to find the last Master Cleanse thread since it had a lot of links to the dangers. Was it eventually deleted?
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    OP- Why torture yourself? You could get to your goals in a safer way through a good deficit, and a yummy food plan
  • PearlAng
    Options
    I was trying to find the last Master Cleanse thread since it had a lot of links to the dangers. Was it eventually deleted?
    Yeah, it got deleted soon after it started
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    PearlAng wrote: »

Not surprised. Wish I had thought to save some of the links.

• Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    It didnt get deleted... It got flushed
  • surfteam1689
    surfteam1689 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi Diliad30 - I have tried it several times. It works great. You have to really follow the recipe and protocol exactly as stated. I cleanse all the time, but when I do the Master Cleanse, the really, really bad stuff that you never thought you had in you ALL comes out! When you are done with it, you simply have to eat as best as you can to keep all that *stuff* from getting back into your system. Make sure you leave the bathroom fan on a long time! :-)
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    Hi Diliad30 - I have tried it several times. It works great. You have to really follow the recipe and protocol exactly as stated. I cleanse all the time, but when I do the Master Cleanse, the really, really bad stuff that you never thought you had in you ALL comes out! When you are done with it, you simply have to eat as best as you can to keep all that *stuff* from getting back into your system. Make sure you leave the bathroom fan on a long time! :-)

Bad stuff? Like poop? I don't get it.
  • PearlAng
    Options
    PearlAng wrote: »

Not surprised. Wish I had thought to save some of the links.

Yeah really :/ could've been helpful
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options

I believe that was deleted because of the drano and " bullying" ( Lmao):)
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options

I'm coming back to this - you know that poop will come out regardless, right? That it's not just sitting up in your colon for months? You don't need to force it out violently.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options

What exactly are you cleansing and what bad stuff does it get rid of ?? ( besides just giving someone massive diarrhea. ) and what bad stuff are you trying not to get back in your system after returning to eating normal foods ??

• diannethegeek
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »

Oh man. I remembered that the OP didn't take the advice well (to put it mildly!) but I'd forgotten it was the Drano thread! It all comes back to me, now.

• trailrunner81
    trailrunner81 Posts: 227 Member
    Options

What "bad stuff"? Like food and nutrients? I dont mean to be a jerk, but what do you mean?
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    >>>>Sitting on the couch awaiting the adventure that is about to unravel :)
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I've done the crash dieting and cleansing thing before I joined MFP. That stuff does not work.

As for the Master Cleanse, I've done it once and I can definitely tell you that those were the worst 10 days of my life. This is my honest opinion. This is what happened.
    1. Spent a lot of money on maple syrup. Hands hurt because of the constant lemon squeezing.
    2. Had explosive bowel movements because of the salt water.
    3. Was hungry ALL the f***ing time so much so that I was even dreaming about solid food during the day and night.
    4. Lost 9lbs which I put back on in the next week along with 8 extra pounds.
    5. Was irritable because I had to keep lugging 2 bottles around everywhere and was constantly hungry.
    6. My tongue went bald. As in, it went white and I couldn't taste anything and had a constant low grade burning sensation all over my tongue.

Please, please do NOT do this. It is a shi*ty (literally) thing to do to your body and mind. You don't need to cleanse anything! If you want to feel cleansed, eat more fiber. Count your calories, eat at a small deficit and exercise. You will lose the weight for sure and you won't damage your body.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »

Oh man. I remembered that the OP didn't take the advice well (to put it mildly!) but I'd forgotten it was the Drano thread! It all comes back to me, now.

Drano may have been the next thread after the master cleanse crap that night, or it was the same thread , they all start to run together sometimes. Lol !!