Master Cleanser

Replies

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Ever heard of a fecal transplant? Guess what they do when you kill all the good bacteria in your bowels? You guessed it, fecal transplant.

Rigger
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    laura3977 wrote: »
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    Anyone else tried the Lysol Cleanse? You spray a bit into every orifice three times a day for a whole lunar cycle. It's supposed to clean stuff.

Ladies were once advised to cleanse their nether regions with Lysol. No joke.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/lysols-vintage-ads-subtly-pushed-women-to-use-its-disinfectant-as-birth-control-218734/?no-ist

enhanced-buzz-21963-1378811765-1.jpg

What the what?!?!?! OMG!!! I can't even ...

That was its original purpose. It later became a household cleaner

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Jackie9950 wrote: »
    So, all joking aside, I have a long history with my gastro doc and he has said the best thing you can do for your intestinal tract is to eat a good amount of fiber, stay hydrated, and to eat yogurt on a semi-regular basis. Yogurt has good bacteria in it that will get in there and munch on all the "bad stuff" (as someone put it on here). Your body has it's own cleaning and filtering system.
    I look at it this way: If you chow down on antacids, like tums, everyday whether you need them or not, your body will stop its natural acid blocking. The point, if you take over doing tasks your body already knows how to do, it's going to stop doing it. Also, on a special note, those cleanse have a lot of acid in them which can not only kill the good bacteria in your intestinal tract in the form of fiery diarrhea , but an "overdose" of acidic food like lemons can also screw with your bilirubin counts, which would be bad for your liver.

NOT AN EXPERT, this is just things that I have been told by a doctor and watched happen to my step mother. I would research first before you do something like that. :smile:

I am a firm believer in the "3 F" cleanse: fat, fiber, and fluids. Get enough of all three of these and your body will do the rest.

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    So, all joking aside, I have a long history with my gastro doc and he has said the best thing you can do for your intestinal tract is to eat a good amount of fiber, stay hydrated, and to eat yogurt on a semi-regular basis. Yogurt has good bacteria in it that will get in there and munch on all the "bad stuff" (as someone put it on here). Your body has it's own cleaning and filtering system.
    I look at it this way: If you chow down on antacids, like tums, everyday whether you need them or not, your body will stop its natural acid blocking. The point, if you take over doing tasks your body already knows how to do, it's going to stop doing it. Also, on a special note, those cleanse have a lot of acid in them which can not only kill the good bacteria in your intestinal tract in the form of fiery diarrhea , but an "overdose" of acidic food like lemons can also screw with your bilirubin counts, which would be bad for your liver.

NOT AN EXPERT, this is just things that I have been told by a doctor and watched happen to my step mother. I would research first before you do something like that. :smile:

That's awesome to know as I eat a cup of yogurt almost daily. Other days I may eat less (gone are the 1 cup size yogurts!) but almost every day I have at least a 5.5 oz or full 227 gram serving of it. Yay me!

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Anyone else tried the Lysol Cleanse? You spray a bit into every orifice three times a day for a whole lunar cycle. It's supposed to clean stuff.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/lysols-vintage-ads-subtly-pushed-women-to-use-its-disinfectant-as-birth-control-218734/?no-ist

If you read between the lines, those ads were thinly veiled douching-as-after-the-fact pregnancy prevention. Note key phrases such as "mucus matter".

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    emily_stew wrote: »
    Hahaha! Every day there is a post about the master cleanse. It must be spring.

Yep beach season is approaching..apparently drinking lemon water and starving will undo the damage of winter fluff!

beach season arrived about a month ago in florida...
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited April 2015
    Master Cleanser run Barter town.
    master-blaster.jpg
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2015
    2xve4cshpia1.gif

To the MASTER CLEANSER!!!!

no.gif 733.6K
  • xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member

That's awesome to know as I eat a cup of yogurt almost daily. Other days I may eat less (gone are the 1 cup size yogurts!) but almost every day I have at least a 5.5 oz or full 227 gram serving of it. Yay me!
    same here. Yay to yogurt for being awesome.

• PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    PearlAng wrote: »
    Hahaha! Every day there is a post about the master cleanse. It must be spring.
    Spring cleaning, right? ;)

The local "woo, woo" store had a sign out front a couple of days ago: "Time for Spring Cleaning. Come in for cleanses and Ion foot detox" Not sure what an ion foot detox is but I'll pass anyway.

Haha, I'd pass too!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member

If you read between the lines, those ads were thinly veiled douching-as-after-the-fact pregnancy prevention. Note key phrases such as "mucus matter".

Yes article in the link I posted stated that "feminine hygiene" was a euphemism for "birth control," which was frowned upon in those days....and the Lysol (not surprisingly) was not even effective as birth control but it did contribute to injuries and deaths....

Just goes to show how much of an influence MARKETING has on "health care" - then, and now....
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member

I am a firm believer in the "3 F" cleanse: fat, fiber, and fluids. Get enough of all three of these and your body will do the rest.

Exactly, I am a person who likes to enjoy life. Starving and drinking nasty liquids all day just to have them come out the other end at 156mph is not my idea of enjoyable! LOL
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Master Cleanser run Barter town.
    master-blaster.jpg

awww. . . . .look at his face. . . . .

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Ever heard of a fecal transplant? Guess what they do when you kill all the good bacteria in your bowels? You guessed it, fecal transplant.

Rigger

:flushed:
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    edited April 2015
    Yuck-o. I do not recommend any of these "cleanses." Your liver and kidneys cleanse your blood. Your colon moves the crap out properly as it is; stuff does not stay in there forever, no matter what the scaremongers tell you. You don't have worms. Just calculate your caloric and nutrient needs and follow them, and go work out.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    I think that when people blast stuff through their systems before it is thoroughly digested, what they see in the toilet scares them into thinking it's "bad stuff" that was lurking inside, and they mistake all the mucus from the irritation for worms. *shakes head* No need to fool yourself and go through all that nastiness in the bathroom.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    The thing that gets me -- is if they cleanses did in fact do what they claim -- why in the HECK would anyone want to release that toxic crap back into their blood supply? Fortunately its's all woo and sympathetic magic.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    jkwolly wrote: »

Rigger

:flushed:

Yup. Remind me never to get c. diff. The thought of donor poo in me bum makes me shudder.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    I'm 2 bowel cleanses in for my lifetime, and the 3rd is looming this summer as I'm due for my colonoscopy. Why the everloving hell someone would intentionally crap their brains out is beyond me. I mean I really wish I didn't have to have 8"-10" of my colon removed, and I really REALLY wish my GI hadn't found a precancerous polyp while doing a scope to confirm diverticula (which is why I had to have part of my colon out). I have to do it every 5 years for life now because of that stupid polyp, and had been banking on not having to go back for 20 years.

Don't crap your brains out in the name of weight loss.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    I'm 2 bowel cleanses in for my lifetime, and the 3rd is looming this summer as I'm due for my colonoscopy. Why the everloving hell someone would intentionally crap their brains out is beyond me. I mean I really wish I didn't have to have 8"-10" of my colon removed, and I really REALLY wish my GI hadn't found a precancerous polyp while doing a scope to confirm diverticula (which is why I had to have part of my colon out). I have to do it every 5 years for life now because of that stupid polyp, and had been banking on not having to go back for 20 years.

Don't crap your brains out in the name of weight loss.

This should be on a fitspo poster or a calender or something.