Master Cleanser

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    I wrote this thread about detoxes and cleanses. I used The Master Cleanse as the main example:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/821828

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    edited April 2015
    Hi Diliad30 - I have tried it several times. It works great. You have to really follow the recipe and protocol exactly as stated. I cleanse all the time, but when I do the Master Cleanse, the really, really bad stuff that you never thought you had in you ALL comes out! When you are done with it, you simply have to eat as best as you can to keep all that *stuff* from getting back into your system. Make sure you leave the bathroom fan on a long time! :-)

What *stuff*?

You mean you have diarrhea as you also supposed to take a laxative.?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    daliad30 wrote: »
    I want to try the master cleanser (aka lemon diet). Has anyone try it, and did work for you..... The good the bad and the ugly.......

Why?
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    OP, I wanted to ask you what you would do after the Master Cleanse?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Hi Diliad30 - I have tried it several times. It works great. You have to really follow the recipe and protocol exactly as stated. I cleanse all the time, but when I do the Master Cleanse, the really, really bad stuff that you never thought you had in you ALL comes out! When you are done with it, you simply have to eat as best as you can to keep all that *stuff* from getting back into your system. Make sure you leave the bathroom fan on a long time! :-)

Hi, I am curious on how it worked great? What exactly would it do for me on my diet?

The reason I ask is I have had to have a colonoscopy and that 'cleanse' is surely the cleanse of all cleanses. The doctor told me I did such a great job of following the directions I should give classes. He could see everything he needed to see in there and thank goodness there was nothing bad.

I lost 5 pounds in that 2 days of hell, and put on 5 pounds as soon as I started drinking apple juice in the recovery room.

I even asked the gastro if it would help me in anyway, as far as cleaning out the liver or kidneys. He said "They ARE your cleansing machines! Just remember to eat your fiber"

So I suppose I am wondering how this master cleanse would help me to achieve my goals?

Thank you,

<3
  • PearlAng

Hi, I am curious on how it worked great? What exactly would it do for me on my diet?

The reason I ask is I have had to have a colonoscopy and that 'cleanse' is surely the cleanse of all cleanses. The doctor told me I did such a great job of following the directions I should give classes. He could see everything he needed to see in there and thank goodness there was nothing bad.

I lost 5 pounds in that 2 days of hell, and put on 5 pounds as soon as I started drinking apple juice in the recovery room.

I even asked the gastro if it would help me in anyway, as far as cleaning out the liver or kidneys. He said "They ARE your cleansing machines! Just remember to eat your fiber"

So I suppose I am wondering how this master cleanse would help me to achieve my goals?

Thank you,

<3

Well your doctor is right about your liver and kidneys. They do the job in a safer, more sustainable way. Cleanses "aid" in that but aren't necessary. The only reason you should cleanse is probably in preparation for a colonoscopy. Master cleanse and other detoxes/cleanses can be dangerous, and any weight lost is likely water weight and the result of consuming a dangerously low amount of calories.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Eat an entire can of pumpkin. It's cheaper.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Hi... I have done the Master Cleanse three times. The first time I was in high school and wanted to lose weight fast. It worked and I felt ok, all was good... the trouble came after the cleanse. I continued to drop weight on a raw diet and became obsessive about it. It was so restrictive that I eventually just snapped and binged on everything, which led me into bulimia. Funny thing is I always felt ok on the Master Cleanse and it helped me to not have to think about what to cook, etc. I still wouldn't recommend it... there are much healthier ways to lose weight. Just count your calories here and you won't have to deprive yourself that much. The weight comes off slower, but in the long term it helps with discipline and patience. (The other times I did a Master Cleanse I ended up binging afterward as well, the third time was awful! DON'T DO THIS IF YOU HAVE AN EATING DISORDER!!!!)

One thing I will say though, is that I love the taste of the drink and sometimes make it just because I'm craving it.

• ginny92802
    ginny92802 Posts: 66 Member
    We had a health screening at work today and the nurse actually told me that I should try a "detox" to "jump start" my weight loss. Since I was at work and my boss was standing right outside the door I restrained myself from calling her an idiot, but it made me mad. I've been losing weight in a safe, sustainable way for the past two months and if I didn't know what I do from reading the forum here, I might have fell for it. No wonder people come here so confused.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member

If it's that simple to avoid eating the bad stuff, why have you done this several times?

Also, the poster who talks about the pumpkin speaks the truth. I mixed a can with oatmeal and had two meals from it and nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo never again
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    ginny92802 wrote: »
    We had a health screening at work today and the nurse actually told me that I should try a "detox" to "jump start" my weight loss. Since I was at work and my boss was standing right outside the door I restrained myself from calling her an idiot, but it made me mad. I've been losing weight in a safe, sustainable way for the past two months and if I didn't know what I do from reading the forum here, I might have fell for it. No wonder people come here so confused.

"Well, I can see why you never became a doctor."
  • ginny92802
    ginny92802 Posts: 66 Member
    techgal128 wrote: »
    ginny92802 wrote: »

"Well, I can see why you never became a doctor."

That's perfect. I'm pretty good with comebacks but I didn't want to cause a scene at work!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Hahaha! Every day there is a post about the master cleanse. It must be spring.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Mr._Clean_logo.png
    I picture this dude with a plunger trying to stick it up my ****.
  • PearlAng
    Hahaha! Every day there is a post about the master cleanse. It must be spring.
    Spring cleaning, right? ;)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Every day there is a post about the master cleanse. It must be spring.
    The other thing that's showing up a lot recently is the "HCG plan".
    To me, HCG means human chorionic gonadotropin... which is not something I'd like to eat!
    It's a hormone produced by the placenta (and some cancerous tumors).
    Some guy in the 1950s claimed that HCG (with an ultra-low-calorie diet) made people lose fat & retain muscle.
    He was thoroughly debunked, over & over... which of course has no effect on the seekers of woo.

ginny wrote:
    We had a health screening at work today and the nurse actually told me that I should try
    a "detox" to "jump start" my weight loss.
    Are you sure it was actually an RN/LPN?
    If so, I'd definitely say something to her supervisor, and maybe even contact the state licensing board.

• bluworld
    bluworld Posts: 135 Member
    My mother is an RN, and she believes in all this crash diet stuff, and that every woman should aspire to a size 0. They do no dietary training.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    bluworld wrote: »
    My mother is an RN, and she believes in all this crash diet stuff, and that every woman should aspire to a size 0. They do no dietary training.

Wow. Considering the rate at which obesity (and all the associated health impacts) is rising, it would be nice if health care workers had a little knowledge of the basics. Like livers/kidneys do all the detox necessary.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Anyone else tried the Lysol Cleanse? You spray a bit into every orifice three times a day for a whole lunar cycle. It's supposed to clean stuff.