Shakeology....is it worth it?

Options
124»

Replies

• mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    mygrl4meee wrote: »
    I bought the sample package and have only tried the chocolate.. it tasted so so.. I felt like every time I burned and it made me burn a lot that I tasted vitamins.. vitamins make my stomach hurt so not.a good feeling.. I also had horrible gas. Very bad. I have yet to try the rest cause I am worried about my side effects.. so while who knows if I will try the rest to test if it was the shakes that did it.

Meant to type burb. Not burn.
  • m_kipp
    m_kipp Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone....great comments on here! I appreciate it!
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    cbills65 wrote: »
    I love it and I do use it as a meal replacement Monday through Friday when I am working. I find it tasty and satisfying. Shakeology works for me and here is why. When I am at work, my only viable options are fast food places nearby and that's really no option. I'm not willing to eat at McDonalds every day because it's close. I rarely have time to put together a lunch in the morning before work because I am rushing around getting everyone in the family ready for their day as well. So for me personally it saves me time and is a healthy alternative. As far as expense. One packet costs less than what I could get a decent lunch for if I had to time to hit a real restauarnt near work. So in my case it works: cost, convenience and satisfaction. I totally understand that it is not a reasonable option for everyone.

^Agreed

For me it makes sense. I do use it as a meal replacement. I just simply do not have the time to pre prepare lunches. I drink it for lunch on weekdays with some PB2 and milk mixed in (My diary is open for anyone who wants to see). It keeps me full enough until my preworkout snack. The amount per day it costs me was offset by the amount I was spending at the cafeteria at work and when I did an approximate cost analysis on what a brown bag type lunch would cost me it was only about $1 more per day to have the shake. The other issue I have is I typically loathe most veggies so I struggle to hit my micros. The shake gives me a well rounded amount of micros to work with. Whenever anyone asks me about the shake and whether they should try it my first response is "Are you willing to spend $4 a day on it?" which usually is met with a solid no so I don't even bother going further.

As far as my experience with it I realize it's completely anecdotal. But I have been using it for 2 years and in that timeframe I can't recall being ill once. Not even a cold, could just be a coincidence though and I struggled to be "regular" and on the shake it's like clockwork for me. I've read the scientific studies on it and how the ingredients are processed and the amounts of them basically aren't enough to make a significant difference in a diet. But for me it just works, it's convenient and I feel good while on it. Whether it's expensive snake oil or placebo I really don't know. But for now I am going to continue with it as long as I can afford it.

• vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    For some people it is worth it. Depends on your goals, and how your body reacts to it. I decided to start using it after I did the math and realized that what I was spending on breakfast, multivitamins, coffees, etc, was way more than it would be for Shakeology. So now I have a shake for under $5 a serving, and cut out the cost of breakfast foods, vitamins, and the other. I love the taste of the chocolate and greenberry. I haven't got sick in over a year, when I typically find myself getting sick about 2-3 per year. My skin is more clear and my nails are growing like crazy. Its convenient for me to take my shaker of almond milk and a container with a scoop of shakeo, and just mix it up when I get to work after the gym. Just depends on the person, its not right for everyone. Your best bet is to give it a try for 30 days, see what YOU think of it, and go from there. It does have a money back guarantee, so if you don't like it, your are not out anything.
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My friend used it and had some success but then gave up on it because she plateaued. I didn't buy into it. I just cut my calories and started working out more.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    $3-$5 for a 160 calorie 'meal'. Nah... definitely not worth it. You can eater better - taste, quality, nutrition - for less. Also, I don't know about everyone else, but 160 calories is barely a small snack for me. A meal is 3-4 times that many calories.