Anyone seen the benefits of raw apple cider with mother? How was your first day??

Options
124»

Replies

• bluworld
    bluworld Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I think the kind with mother *may* have some probiotic properties. So, if you have gut flora issues, it wouldn't hurt you at the least. Myself, I've eaten it many times on salad, without having mood boost, improved digestion, ect. I don't see how drinking it would be different.
  • Graceraeg
    Graceraeg Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have tried taking it but it made my stomach burn and I felt awful after the first week. And now when I take probiotics my stomach hurts horribly.
  • 85kurtz
    85kurtz Posts: 276 Member
    Options

jgnatca wrote: »
    Aren't you worried about the vinegar killing the probiotic bacteria in your gut? I strongly recommend you take live probiotics (get it from the health food store, refrigerated! None of that regular store crap), one hour after you eat. Just to keep everything balanced.

And rinse your mouth out with a mild alkali to balance out your mouth.

This is another thing to waste money on. Think about it. The acid in your stomach is designed to digest and kill any bacteria that enter your body. If it didn't do that we would be sick all the time. It's yet another thing to encourage you to lighten your wallet, like vitamin supplements.

• rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I Don't know..... maybe mix it with breast milk? because "I am so Mad, husband won't drink it."

I use acv to clean with...ehh
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Mmmmm cider....
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I can summarize all those other links for you:
    Some people have replied to say they've tried apple cider vinegar, and that they feel it had some health/other benefits for them.
    Other people have replied to say they've never tried it, and it's no good, and you shouldn't try it either.

There are lots of things one does not need to try personally to know they are no good. It is called common sense.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear poster,

I am closing this thread as it violations the below rules:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

If you have any questions let me know.

psuLemon
This discussion has been closed.