An obese person does not need to do one iota of exercise to lose weight

Options
12346»

Replies

• gpstreet
    gpstreet Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Exercise is so hard and such a chore. It has to be exercise that fits in with your lifestyle. For me I cycle to and from work ( 20 miles) and work on my allotment every evening. The main thing is it does not feel like exercise.
  • peterjens
    peterjens Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    00figg wrote: »
    yeah, i'd say i lost the majority of my poundage in the kitchen, not in the gym. it wasn't until i lost some weight that i was ready to start adding in some exercise. works for me.

^this
  • gpstreet
    Options
    peterjens wrote: »
    yeah, i'd say i lost the majority of my poundage in the kitchen, not in the gym. it wasn't until i lost some weight that i was ready to start adding in some exercise. works for me.

^this

What does it mean ^this ??
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    weight loss occurs in the kitchen. exercise is for health.

i exercise for a lot of reasons, but if i ONLY wanted to lose WEIGHT.... CICO.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Very true, but the other benefits to exercise are huge. I once read "losing weight is about looking good clothed. Exercise is about looking good naked". Overly simplified and not always true, but it kind of captures it.

I like this!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    gpstreet wrote: »

^this

It means they agree with what was said in the post above/post they quoted.
  • gpstreet
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

^this

Thanks.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Even though I agree with the you can't outrun a bad diet stance, my weight loss is completely due to exercise. I still eat 3000+ calories a day... Once I get my diet under control, this weight loss thing should be a breeze, right.

Yowsas :smiley: How many calories do you burn everyday to eat 3000 calories and still lose weight?

More than 3000?
    You know, if co>ci then weight loss?

yes I'm aware. I was just wondering how much exercise they do to be able to eat over 3000 calories and still lose weight.
    Obviously their current weight may have alot to do with it..
    My RMR is over 2000, so it wouldn't take an outrageous amount of exercise. Taking about 12K steps a day and lifting three times a week puts my TDEE over 3000. Granted, I'm not a small person.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

^this

^This.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

^this

^This.

Church.
  • gpstreet
    Options
    Makes me wonder how they work out calories for exercise and food.