Your favorite book?

Options

Replies

• RunnerInVT
    RunnerInVT Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I also got hooked by Nancy Drew. The Flowers in the Attic were popular but disturbing now im an adult.
    Now I work in a K -8 th grade library I am really interested in the story telling of history. Im currently reading Lincoln's Last Days by Bill OReilly...excellent! And the my name is America Series.
    Im also loving my running books...Born to Run, The Little Red Book of Running and a few Runners World Marathon training and Racing Weight.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Love You Forever - yes still, after 21 years. My son and I read it (well, I read and he had it memorized) it often for a few years. I still have that tattered book stored away.
  • dinogal
    dinogal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • ninu13
    ninu13 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    "A orillas del rio piedra me sente y llore"by Paulo Cohelo
    "El Alquimista" Paulo Cohelo
  • tlsegar
    tlsegar Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    The Color Purple
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    There are so many! The best book I've read lately is Shades of Grey -- not to be confused with Fifty Shades of Grey. lol.
    I loved To Kill a Mockingbird in school too, and the grapes of wrath.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I have so many!

"The Accidental Sorcerer" by KE Mills
    "Stay" by Allie Larkin
    "Summer of my German Soldier" by Bette Greene
    "Wuthering Heights" by Emily Bronte
    "Oliver Twist" by Charles ****ens
  • macattack99
    Options
    How is it that no one has said The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan! (13 book epic fantasy series)

Also
    the Way of Kings
    -Armor
    -Forever War
    -Star Ship Troopers (not the MOVIE!)
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    The Scarlet Letter - Nathanial Hawthorne
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Guess. ;)
  • IronAddict86
    IronAddict86 Posts: 708
    Options
    Paradise Lost or The Satanic Bible. Do like Gothic literature for the imagery. Not particularly into the Satanism as far as practicing, I just find it fascinating to read about from a psychology point of view plus I have a pretty dark sense of humour & carnal attitude which the latter is pretty much all about
  • xandra
    xandra Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    In grammar school I loved, "Are You There God, It's Me Margaret" by Judy Bloom. In HS my fave was, "Fahrenheit 451" by Ray Branbury. As an adult I liked "Angels and Demons" by Dan Brown.

Currently I am reading "Inferno" by Dan Brown. I love his mix of religion, history and science.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    The Pillars of the Earth - Ken Follett
  • meagank28
    meagank28 Posts: 52
    Options
    As a child it was bunnicula......a story about a vampire rabbit that sucks veggies, told from the point of view from the cat and the dog. It is great! As an adult, I love anything thing but romance novels....
  • xandra
    xandra Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    In grammar school I loved, "Are You There God, It's Me Margaret" by Judy Bloom. In HS my fave was, "Fahrenheit 451" by Ray Branbury. As an adult I liked "Angels and Demons" by Dan Brown.

Currently I am reading "Inferno" by Dan Brown. I love his mix of religion, history and science.

OMG I forgot to mention "Roots" by Alex Hailey. I cried every single page.
  • nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Though I enjoyed reading many years before the discovery...The first book I absolutely adored was Night by Elie Wiesel. It is still one of the most powerful pieces of literature I've ever read and the only book I really love that I can not bring myself to read again. A pretty close second to this would be I know why the caged bird sings by the great Maya Angelou.

Honorable mentions go to: Crime and punishment, lord of the flies, and The Color Purple.

ETA: The person above me reminded me about roots. Roots wasn't the first into my heart but it might be the one buried the deepest.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    The count of Monte Crisco - Alexander Dumas
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Though I enjoyed reading many years before the discovery...The first book I absolutely adored was Night by Elie Wiesel. It is still one of the most powerful pieces of literature I've ever read and the only book I really love that I can not bring myself to read again. A pretty close second to this would be I know why the caged bird sings by the great Maya Angelou.

Honorable mentions go to: Crime and punishment, lord of the flies, and The Color Purple.

ETA: The person above me reminded me about roots. Roots wasn't the first into my heart but it might be the one buried the deepest.

I never read the book but the movie "the color purple" Had me bawling the entire time. Does the book make you cry more or less?
  • vedra_b
    vedra_b Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I love to read! My first book i can remember reading and loving was the Box car Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner. i still read it to my children to this day and will probably read it to my grandchildren. As an adult I would say Angela's Ashes: A Memoir by Frank McCourt also a Child called it-Dave Pelzer. Amazing writers.