Would you live off sweets alone?

Options
13»

Replies

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I love sweets but after a while I'd crave something substantial.

Now pizza, that I could probably live on.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I used to tell my doctor: "I swear I could live off chocolate candies." He answered: "Did you try?". And then, told me to not eat anything but chocolate candies for a week.
    I outgrew the concept after 3 days. I was bored as hell and my body was demanding for vegetables.

Kind of what I was thinking. I would love to be able to do that if it kept me healthy, but, like anything, too much of a good thing....you know. I have been on trips in the past where I neglected my protein intake and I was more than ready to come home and eat a good home-cooked meal that included many veggies, water and lean meat! So, it would be nice to do, but No.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Leana088 wrote: »
    If you could, would you live on sweets alone?

No way. If I had to choose between my favorite savory foods and my favorite sweet ones, the savory ones would win. And I get tired of sweetness when I don't have enough variety.
    And if you did, do you think you'd be healthy too?

I'm sure there's a way to incorporate sweetness into everything you eat (meat with a sauce of dried fruit and so on),

Oh, believe me, there is. There was a memorable period during one of my pregnancies where all I could stomach was a sweet taste. We had some interesting meals.

• Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Nope, I'd rather go for salty stuff.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I can definitely eat certain foods every day and/or regularly...but those things can't be all I eat
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    If diabetes didn't exist and my body naturally balanced itself daily....Id move into a chocolate factory and live happily ever after...
  • SallyinIL
    SallyinIL Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    No, I wouldn't live off sweets every day. If I had them all the time, they wouldn't have the appeal that they do when eaten just once in a while. <3
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I used to tell my doctor: "I swear I could live off chocolate candies." He answered: "Did you try?". And then, told me to not eat anything but chocolate candies for a week.
    I outgrew the concept after 3 days. I was bored as hell and my body was demanding for vegetables.

Maybe I should try that! I would probably outgrow it, but after a week or two on normal food I would probably start craving it again hahaha

It actually changed something. I still have cravings from time to time when I'm bored or upset. But I never felt again like I could survive on it. I KNOW I would miss healthy food. Huge change.
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    RBXChas wrote: »

Did you feel like it helped you with your sweet tooth in the long term? I feel like when it comes to sweets, I have such a short memory. For example, on the very rare occasions when we get this awesome chocolate cake from Costco

l.jpg

I can't ever eat as much as I serve myself because I feel sick. (Seriously, this cake is awesome but super rich.) I then swear that I will never eat the cake again because of how awful I feel, but later that same day I find myself cutting yet another piece that is probably more than I can comfortably eat.

I've honestly wondered if eating nothing but chocolate for a day or two would somehow make the concept stick in my mind. Probably wishful thinking.

So yes, if I could, I would live off of sweets, namely chocolate confections, cakes, and cookies. I could pass on things that are just sugary, like Smarties. I don't think I'd be particularly healthy, though, and I'd probably weigh a LOT more :)

First, this cake seems like heaven on Earth.
    Second, yeah it actually helped to spend three days on chocolate. Weird but true.

I still have cravings, I still love chocolate more than I love people sometimes but I don't feel like it could be enough anymore.
    I KNOW I want/need healthy food. And it made me realise how much I wanted it because I didn't feel allowed to have some.
    My DOCTOR told me: "Go ahead for a week, it won't kill you". It was a free pass, I didn't want it anymore.
    We're twisted!!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    If you could, would you live on sweets alone?

And if you did, do you think you'd be healthy too?

No. I feel gross and sick if I eat lots of sweets so I would hate only eating sweets. I hate the way super sweet food coats my mouth. I crave salty foods most of the time but I love a variety of foods so I wouldn't only want salty foods either.
    I think a diet of only sweets would not provide me with all the nutrients I need so I don't think it would be healthy long term.
    I also have great teeth and always have had. I think it is brushing my teeth and drinking a lot of water that helps the most. I can't say it is genetic because my parents and siblings had a lot of tooth problems.
  • kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

And no... I've baked/made some pretty healthy treats to satisfy my sweet tooth since giving up wheat: chickpea blondies, black bean avocado brownies, peanut butter oat bars, chia pudding, even yogurt with fruit could be considerd a 'sweet'. But all of those are a stretch, and even then... I could probably make it a month before falling hard on some mac 'n cheese - gluten be damned!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Would I do it? Absolutely.
    Would it be healthy? Well, there'd be very little protein/micronutrients, so...
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Sweets I can do without, now chips is another story. Yes, I do believe I could live off of Cool Ranch Doritos for a very, very long time :#
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    No, not a sweets guy at all.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    No, but I could live on pizza alone. :#