Skipping meals

Options
13»

Replies

• Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I find that I do well during the week with 3 meals and a couple snacks. On the weekend I don't always eat enough. I have my granddaughters both evenings and sometimes I don't eat dinner and if I get busy cleaning in the morning sometimes I forget to eat breakfast. I do tend to graze throughout the day so I usually get enough calories.
  • Philp0718
    Philp0718 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat dinner. It's not that I am skipping meals to lose weight, I just get my calories and nutritional requirements all in earlier in the day. Meal timing does not matter. At all.
  • DeeJayShank
    DeeJayShank Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    If your gettin enough calories and feel fine I see no problem.

I tend to only eat when I'm hungry, so occasional I don't eat at every meal. Most often it's either breakfast or lunch that I skip.

^^ this ^^
  • PostExamsHealthBinge
    PostExamsHealthBinge Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat you loose weight simple as, so if your skipping meals yes of course your gonna loose weight? And
    Yes your metabolism will keep going, your always burning calories it just slows sometimes. But not enough to balance the food you've skipped so overall you will loose weight.
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Uh no. You don't need to "start" your metabolism. Your metabolism is always running. This is just a bro science myth.

What? Do you have any evidence to support this? Do you have any understanding of motabolism beyond your vague assumptions?

Your base metabolic rate slows during sleep due to less requirement for energy.
    When you wake up and have your first meal, the process of digesting food triggers dietary induced thermogenesis (DIT), which in turn raises your base metabolic rate.

Please do some research before sharing your 'expertise' in future.