Wake up to the Benefits of Breakfast!

Options

Replies

• lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    Science?

I do not think it means what you think it means . . .

images-11_zpsead8db7e.jpeg

LOL made my day :laugh:
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    research also suggests that 100% of the people who eat breakfast die....

Aw man. I'm screwed. Since I eat it daily I'm probably exponetially increasing the rate I'll die at:grumble:
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast because I have to. I'm hypoglycemic, so if I don't eat, there are side effects. :(
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    scientifically-proven_zps0283b02d.gif
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    There are no benefits to breakfast unless you happen to enjoy eating breakfast, or have a condition in which you must keep your blood sugar levels stable. Some people in fact end up eating more throughout the day when they eat breakfast. What matters is healthy nutrition throughout the week and creating an adequate deficit to lose weight.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    agh_zps0e372b09.gif
    @Playerhatindogooder's-This is my new all time favorite gif, I tip my hat to you sir.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Yay! In for internet plagiarism from some derpy pseudoscience.

No matter what time of day, I always manage to eat a first meal of the day. It usually doesn't occur until close to noon, though.

Does that still count?

I was thinking the same thing. So the only way to skip your first meal of the day ("Breakfast") is to not eat for the entire day.
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Personally if I eat breakfast I am starving the entire rest of the day if i wait and eat closer to 10 or 11 then I will be ok

Frankily comes down to if I eat breakfast I have to make my lunch and dinner smaller to accomodate eating breakfast calories which in turns means I don't eat as much at lunch and dinner which makes me super hungry

SO for the most part i skip breakfast
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    All good points and studies do show that most people do better eating breakfast. But it's important to remember that not everyone falls into the category of "most people". And if you are one of the minority and force yourself to eat breakfast you may just be adding calories that will ruin your diet.

If you are hungry, don't skip breakfast just to save calories. But remember that it's not necessary for weight loss or health. As long as you are getting proper nutrition at some point in the day, you'll do fine.
  • bcattoes
    Options

Can you provide a link to those studies?
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I LOVE BREAKFAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    May you live 10 years longer than I...
    and I shall never die :bigsmile:
  • 55in13
    Options
    BTW, I did eat breakfast this morning (sometimes I do) and with 2 hours to go before lunch I am feeling very hungry. When I skip it I am usually not hungry. For me personally, there is something to the "once you light the fire you must feed the flames" school of thought.
  • rochellena
    rochellena Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    If I eat too soon after waking up, I feel sick to my stomach the rest of the day. If I eat too much (more than an egg and half a cup of greek yogurt) for breakfast, I feel sick to my stomach for the rest of the day. I'm sure for some (even a lot) of people it's great and all, but for me (and many others), it's far from "necessary."

#TeamBreakfastIsOverrated
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    BTW, I did eat breakfast this morning (sometimes I do) and with 2 hours to go before lunch I am feeling very hungry. When I skip it I am usually not hungry. For me personally, there is something to the "once you light the fire you must feed the flames" school of thought.

actually there is not...there is no evidence that eating breakfast first thing in the morning does anything for metabolism, flames, or anything else you want to call it..
  • ndj1979
    Options

www.youwilldie.com
  • 55in13
    Options

actually there is not...there is no evidence that eating breakfast first thing in the morning does anything for metabolism, flames, or anything else you want to call it..
    My analytic, rational mind agrees with you completely, but I still feel hungry...
  • ndj1979
    Options

My analytic, rational mind agrees with you completely, but I still feel hungry...

well at least we agree..
  • bcattoes
    Options

www.youwilldie.com

That page was unavailable. :frown:
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is problematic for me. Glad it works for others, but it's rare that I want it and therefore rare that I eat it. For one thing, I don't like to eat if I'm not actually hungry. That goes against the whole thing I'm trying to accomplish here. For another, I want to eat all evening. If I eat breakfast, I am using up my calories early in the day when I don't even want them, and then feeling deprived in the evening when I just want to munch. I'd much rather have an early lunch when I actually get hungry.