Should woman over 50 wear short dresses/skirts?

Options

Replies

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    My mom is 64 and still wears skirts and looks fine in them. I say go for it!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    As long as your skirt is an appropriate length for whatever situation you're in, I say wear it.

Ex: mini skirts are typically frowned upon in corporate environments and if you're a school teacher, I wouldn't wear a short skirt either (personal preference)... I wouldn't wear a floor length skirt if I had to do a lot of walking about but that's because I'd manage to get caught in it and trip lol
  • rycamella
    rycamella Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 and I find it extremely sexy when older women wear skirts. You worked hard to get your body how you like don't hide it
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    How long have you had said skirt? If it's circa 1980, probably not...LOL

--This is probably what I should be concerned with LOL.....but here we go....I'm doing it...I'm going show you all! No offence will be taken if it's outdated....I'd rather hear it from all of you. Thanks again for your input...I appreciate it!

8bghcd68abs4.png
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mb0xjnQxgu1rywet3o1_500.jpg
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    oh dear. my friend and I proclaim often that "we will never stop shopping in the junior section. NEVER!" 49 btw.
  • lauries8888
    lauries8888 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    OP -- I guess that it depends upon what your definition of "short" is. I was thinking that you were asking about a mini. That isn't much higher than your knee. I would wear that out dancing with friends (even at our age). ;)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    if you like it and feel you look great in it, then rock it..

I have no problem with any woman in a skirt and heels....
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 43, and don't give a fig what "my age" should dress like. I wear what I like. Anyone who doesn't like it can look away. So if I want to wear a short skirt or a bikini or anything else, I will and I'll rock the hell out of it.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    NC_Girl wrote: »

--This is probably what I should be concerned with LOL.....but here we go....I'm doing it...I'm going show you all! No offence will be taken if it's outdated....I'd rather hear it from all of you. Thanks again for your input...I appreciate it!

8bghcd68abs4.png

If you like the skirt and feel good in it, I say go for it. My mom is in her sixties and wears skirts and dresses of that length and I never thought twice about it.

Off topic: Your legs look great!
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

8bghcd68abs4.png

OP is that you and is that the skirt you are thinking about?
  • lauries8888
    lauries8888 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I would rather be a 63 year old anything trapped in a 36 year old anything than vice versa. :)
  • NC_Girl
    edited April 2015
    Options
    FYI: I work from home....no dress code! And I'm more concerned that I'm just out of the loop with fashion/rules....where I don't know anyone where I live....I guess it shouldn't really matter....though I like to laugh at myself and have fun.....I certainly don't want to look inappropriate or like a clown!

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    woman should dress like they did in the 1940's....
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    woman should dress like they did in the 1940's....

YES!
  • NC_Girl
    Options
    runner475 wrote: »

OP is that you and is that the skirt you are thinking about?

Yes it's me.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Andreas (60) likes to wear skirts... he looks good.

1401-Andreas-Cahling-2.jpg

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    You look good in the skirt. Wear it. :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!