Okay..it's my B-Day and this is my thought

Options

Replies

• rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! I wouldn't deprive myself of anything that you really want. Just try to eat less and have a blast today.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    Eat all the foodz! You're right, it's your birthday, it's one day a year so celebrate! And then go back to normal the next day. What's life without a little indulging once in a while? That menu looks amazing.
    Celebrate your loss and not food your special day. Don't eat the sides or the dessert. They're not needed Treat yo'self. Have fun and happy birthday.

Fixed

Using food as a means to celebrate is what's causing America to be obese. You can celebrate your "special day" with a million other things than food.

No, it's not. Eating more than you burn consistently causes obesity. Not celebrations involving food. What a ridiculous claim.

1. "Oh I've been going to the gym all week, I should celebrate with crap food."
    2. "Oh I've been eating like a normal person, I should celebrate with crap food."
    3. "Oh it's my bday, it happens every year, I should celebrate with crap food."
    4. "Oh I accomplished something, I should celebrate with crap food."

One day of relaxing your goals (going to maintenance or over) will not ruin your progress. It's when one day turns into weeks or months of eating like that.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I love that place! Enjoy and happy birthday!!
  • DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the well wishes.....and I am NOT weak willed...I'll be in maintenance within a month at the most.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

2. "Oh I've been eating like a normal person, I should celebrate with crap food."

First, there is no such thing as crap food.

Second, common sense dictates that waking up every day or it being a Tuesday is not a reason to celebrate, but a justification- which are two entirely different things.

At this point, I'm calling troll. And you're not even very good at it.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Eat all the foodz! You're right, it's your birthday, it's one day a year so celebrate! And then go back to normal the next day. What's life without a little indulging once in a while? That menu looks amazing.
    Celebrate your loss and not food your special day. Don't eat the sides or the dessert. They're not needed Treat yo'self. Have fun and happy birthday.

Fixed

Using food as a means to celebrate is what's causing America to be obese. You can celebrate your "special day" with a million other things than food.

And you've been flame baiting these boards all day.
    Take your pebbles elsewhere.

Oh, geez, you're right. This is the pebble guy!

Just move along folks. Nothing to see here.

• blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options

Fixed

This fix sounds great!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options

Fixed

No, it's not. Eating more than you burn consistently causes obesity. Not celebrations involving food. What a ridiculous claim.

It's her birthday, it's once a year. And none of that food sounds 'crap'.

Plenty of countries have celebrations involving food, and they don't all have obesity problems.

Happy birthday, enjoy your meal :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

First, there is no such thing as crap food.

Second, common sense dictates that waking up every day or it being a Tuesday is not a reason to celebrate, but a justification- which are two entirely different things.

At this point, I'm calling troll. And you're not even very good at it.

ditto.

anyone that close to maintenance is hardly weak willed and i eat 'crap' food every day and still lose on average 2 pounds a week.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    It's your birthday. Eat, enjoy, celebrate. Forget everything else for a day. We need that once here and there.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    DebzNuDa wrote: »
    Thanks all...I AM going to enjoy. I only need to lose 4 to 5 pounds to reach my weight goal (118 pounds, size 2, 5'6", 58 age) and I will be right on the wagon band tomorrow.

You will never reach your goals if you don't stick with the plan 100%.

arrested-development-lucille-judging_zps0718aaae.gif

That's not how this works, that's not how any of this works.
    Thanks all...I AM going to enjoy. I only need to lose 4 to 5 pounds to reach my weight goal (118 pounds, size 2, 5'6", 58 age) and I will be right on the wagon band tomorrow.

well thats a sure fire way to fail.....

So sticking to your goal leads to failure? Seems like opinions of weak willed individuals.

It's amusing how you are preaching to a bunch of people that have already reached their goals but yet you call us weak willed individuals. How about you show us all the success you've had? Also, you should go and reply to the questions I asked you in the sugar thread which you conveniently ran from.

stop with the logic. he wont understand it ;)
  • DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the well wishes.....and I am NOT weak willed...I'll be in maintenance within a month at the most.

I want you to think of all the work you're throwing away as you eat those sides and the dessert. So many calories just ingested and stored as fat...but for what?

So...you tell me that for the rest of your life you will NEVER have any food that is a "treat"? I don't eat like this on just any day (it's ONE day a year for goodness).

Again, thank you for the well wishers (I wish you were with me :) )
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

What a load of crap.

Perfection is not required for weight loss. I would go so far as to say that expecting oneself to be perfect is a recipe for disaster.

tqna6bcsx4yg.gif