Okay..it's my B-Day and this is my thought

Options

Replies

• Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    How can you NOT have the Key Lime Pie? You can get Creme Brulee anywhere but only a Florida restaurant is going to have real Key Lime Pie. The Oysters are an excellent choice, but I prefer mine nearly naked, only about 12 calories each. Have fun and tell 1592984904984984089984980 to kiss your butt.
  • DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Whittedo wrote: »
    How can you NOT have the Key Lime Pie? You can get Creme Brulee anywhere but only a Florida restaurant is going to have real Key Lime Pie. The Oysters are an excellent choice, but I prefer mine nearly naked, only about 12 calories each. Have fun and tell 1592984904984984089984980 to kiss your butt.

LOL....thnx!! I agree, I like my oysters naked. And yeah.....I tell him "kiss my grits".
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Am just thinking how long it would take to get through the entire menu. What the others said enjoy your meal, eat what you want and pick it up again the day after.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    DebzNuDa wrote: »
    Thanks for all the well wishes.....and I am NOT weak willed...I'll be in maintenance within a month at the most.

I want you to think of all the work you're throwing away as you eat those sides and the dessert. So many calories just ingested and stored as fat...but for what?

OK, so...
    1. You don't know what you're talking about and obviously have no grasp on how food and calories work in the body. She can-anyone can-make what they want to eat fit in their calorie goal for the day. Or she can choose to indulge for a day, or a meal or whatever. So it is just the sides and dessert that get stored? Why? because they're "Bad?" That's literally not how it works.

2. Stop trying to make this lady feel bad for wanting to have a nice dinner on her birthday. I'm not one to white knight but I've already reported you for trolling and flame baiting. You've been trying to start crap all day and it's pathetic. You'd be easy to ignore except people see the things you've been posting and take it to heart...it's harmful. Go away.

She posted here for a reason. It's because she wanted constructive feedback. I'm giving her that feedback. I'm telling her she can enjoy her bday w/o the sides and dessert as they are useless.

Desserts are delicious. You must be having a very sad life.
  • praksindiafit
    praksindiafit Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday..have an awesome one..if it isn't gonna spoil your habits..for sure. Then indulge in good food n have a great time.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Have a great birthday dinner!
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the well wishes.....and I am NOT weak willed...I'll be in maintenance within a month at the most.

I want you to think of all the work you're throwing away as you eat those sides and the dessert. So many calories just ingested and stored as fat...but for what?

OK, so...
    1. You don't know what you're talking about and obviously have no grasp on how food and calories work in the body. She can-anyone can-make what they want to eat fit in their calorie goal for the day. Or she can choose to indulge for a day, or a meal or whatever. So it is just the sides and dessert that get stored? Why? because they're "Bad?" That's literally not how it works.

2. Stop trying to make this lady feel bad for wanting to have a nice dinner on her birthday. I'm not one to white knight but I've already reported you for trolling and flame baiting. You've been trying to start crap all day and it's pathetic. You'd be easy to ignore except people see the things you've been posting and take it to heart...it's harmful. Go away.

She posted here for a reason. It's because she wanted constructive feedback. I'm giving her that feedback. I'm telling her she can enjoy her bday w/o the sides and dessert as they are useless.

Desserts are delicious. You must be having a very sad life.

I have a sad life because I don't stuff my face with useless things? There is more to life than just food.

Like what, running around MFP stating things and not being able to back them up? Go back and reply to the questions I asked you in the sugar thread and stop running.

But what if the running is his workout for the day? What then?

• DebzNuDa
    Options
    Yes, I want constructive feedback but that does not mean to ever eat anything that is "bad" or full of fats. I showed my menu with a lot of thought and yes, there are a couple of things that aren't that great to eat. If I knew that I hadn't lost 40 pounds (well 39), maybe then I would have said "No, I will have a trinket for my birthday...I can't eat food and enjoy it anymore". There is more than food yes but damn it I will not spend the rest of my life living on kale, bland naked chicken tenders and water. I'm old but I plan on staying fit, healthy, and svelt and I know how to eat well and healthy. ONE DAY will NOT make me eat like I used to or chose to.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Yes, I want constructive feedback but that does not mean to ever eat anything that is "bad" or full of fats. I showed my menu with a lot of thought and yes, there are a couple of things that aren't that great to eat. If I knew that I hadn't lost 40 pounds (well 39), maybe then I would have said "No, I will have a trinket for my birthday...I can't eat food and enjoy it anymore". There is more than food yes but damn it I will not spend the rest of my life living on kale, bland naked chicken tenders and water. I'm old but I plan on staying fit, healthy, and svelt and I know how to eat well and healthy. ONE DAY will NOT make me eat like I used to or chose to.

Age is pointless. A healthy lifestyle is forever. What happens in 10 years? Are you going to eat anything just because you're old?

go back to you cave filled with broccoli and chicken, troll. the rest of us have learned how to enjoy life and good food while still meeting our weight objectives.....
  • DebzNuDa
    edited April 2015
    Options

Age is pointless. A healthy lifestyle is forever. What happens in 10 years? Are you going to eat anything just because you're old?

Okay, LAST comment! IT IS ONE DAY A YEAR!!!!!!!! I am going to enjoy dinner tonight .. I am going to enjoy my "friends" comments today.... and tomorrow I will be eating well and healthy as I usually do and have lost my 40 pounds!

YOU must have a really miserable life.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, OP!

There's never anything pointless about the foods you eat on your birthday - ESPECIALLY dessert.
    Enjoy your special day! :)
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Eat all the foodz! You're right, it's your birthday, it's one day a year so celebrate! And then go back to normal the next day. What's life without a little indulging once in a while? That menu looks amazing.
    Celebrate your loss and not food your special day. Don't eat the sides or the dessert. They're not needed Treat yo'self. Have fun and happy birthday.

Fixed

Using food as a means to celebrate is what's causing America to be obese. You can celebrate your "special day" with a million other things than food.

No, it's not. Eating more than you burn consistently causes obesity. Not celebrations involving food. What a ridiculous claim.

1. "Oh I've been going to the gym all week, I should celebrate with crap food."
    2. "Oh I've been eating like a normal person, I should celebrate with crap food."
    3. "Oh it's my bday, it happens every year, I should celebrate with crap food."
    4. "Oh I accomplished something, I should celebrate with crap food."
    saywha.gif
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! I hope that whatever you have it is amazing.

I eat 2-3 pieces of caramel turtle cheesecake a week and I'm still loosing weight steadily. I think one special indulgent meal in a year is hardly going to be a problem for someone so close to goal weight.