from below average to Hot Mom (my husband is lucky)

Options
This was me, Jessica at 147 lbs. Unhappy with how I looked and gaining a least a lb a week. (Yes, I was eating that much food.) Not someone you would turn around and look at....just someone lost in the crowd.

33y2asx.jpg

(picture from early 2012. The only full length I could find.)

This is when my husband's work decided to have a biggest loser competition. The big thing about the competition is that it was a fund raiser, for every pound you gained, you had to pay a dollar. My husband was like :noway: why would you do this? I don't know why....I just had to. I have tried to lose weight for others but never for myself. This was my chance to do something for me.

Everyone kept telling me, you look fine! Why do you need to lose weight? Every week, I lost weight....every week people dropped out or gained weight. I ended up winning the competition by losing 18 lbs in 3.5 months. :drinker: Did I mention we raised over 100 dollars from weight gain?

235t5.jpg

127 lbs and 24% body fat (picture from January)

At my goal weight, I decided to pick up strength training. Which I desperately needed. I couldn't even open a jar by myself. It was sad. I did mainly running and lost a lot of the strength I had. I am now 4 months into strength training and as a treat to myself one of my friends took some photos of me. I am proud of my new body and now I turn heads. I am one hot momma!

I now weigh 122 lb with 19.6% body fat. I have more work to do but I am proud of myself for all the hard work I have put in.

2nvxi84.jpg

4igcoz.jpg

64jz2s.jpg

1z3mp6w.jpg

Replies

• redwingsfan6712
    redwingsfan6712 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    LOVE it! You look AMAZING! Congrats on working so hard to achieve your goals!
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, well done!
  • RitaB19
    RitaB19 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You are one Hot Momma Jess! You have come so far and accomplished so much. So glad to have "met" you on MFP. I love your bikini too! Thanks for sharing your story with us :flowerforyou:
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Thanks guys! I appreciate it, I have worked hard and I wanted to show everyone what I accomplished. :blushing: I hope it helps motivate someone else.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Weeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww>>>>>>>>>

Cyber whistle.
    Been Nice watching you transform.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Wow what an amazing transformation! You look so happy!!
  • paleopin
    paleopin Posts: 47
    Options
    you look great congrats!!
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    wow!!
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Yes, he is lucky indeed :drinker:
  • MoJokes
    MoJokes Posts: 691
    Options
    Great story, the best thing here is how your perception of you has changed throught the different lifestyle that you chose.
    Losing the weight and being down about not having strength made you go out there and get stronger rather than turning back to that food which made you gain a pound a week!

This is the only inspiring, non goofy post/thrad i have read i the last hour.

Thankyou.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    You look great cant wait till my abs look like yours. Well done on your achievment.
  • SteelLadybird
    SteelLadybird Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Fantastic result!! well done, and the pictures are awesome. I look forward to the day I pose for a set of my own. Great job!
  • MelyndaWaldner
    MelyndaWaldner Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing job!!!! well done!!
  • sjacks14
    sjacks14 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You look great!!
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    loved reading that story,
    really really pleased for you, would never guess it was the same person, well done :)
  • AngelChini
    AngelChini Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing!! That is a huge transformation!!(:
  • jinna86
    jinna86 Posts: 93
    Options
    Amazing job! I love the (professional?) photoshoot of you lifting weights. That's an awesome goal reward idea :smile:
  • Latona38
    Latona38 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Go girl! Work it, two snaps!:wink:
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I got the idea from all the progress pictures. Why not treat myself to something special instead of having pictures taken in my bathroom.
  • bLui_bella
    bLui_bella Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I love it :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!