FREE 6-week online course in Nutrition thru UCSF starts 6/24

Options

Replies

• JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I would like to become a dietician when I'm done highschool so this program would give me a good start. How ever do you think if i signed up It would be okay to just watch the lectures becausee i need time for homework, im always swamped.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm checking out Epigenetic Control of Gene Expression!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Well you may have just steered this ship in a new direction. Thank you.:flowerforyou:
  • Bounce2
    Bounce2 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thank-you :flowerforyou:
  • balsert713
    balsert713 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm just commenting so I remember to check this out when I get to a computer!!
  • Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Another good course, offered through University of Pittsburgh via Coursera: Nutrition and Physical Activity for Health.

https://www.coursera.org/course/nutritionforhealth

I'm signed up for this one! So looking forward to it. I love coursera :)

I agree that if everyone on these forums took one of these nutrition courses, this would probably be a much more enjoyable place hahah.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information.
  • lois4468
    lois4468 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Interesting
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    This is the second offering of this course through coursera.org and University of California, San Francisco. If you have a little time, this is a good course. If you don't want to keep up with the actual class, you should enroll anyway and you can download the lectures to watch later. If you've never heard of coursera.org or edx.com and you love learning, you'll love these sites! Gogogo.

Nutrition for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
    with Professor Katie Ferraro

About the course: "This course covers the basics of normal nutrition for optimal health outcomes and evidence-based diets for a variety of diseases. Participants will learn the fundamentals of nutrition science and build upon these to explore emerging diet therapies, to analyze nutrition research and to plan well-balanced meals and dietary interventions for both healthy individuals and those with a number of diseases and health conditions."
    This is very cool.... loving the class I'm currently taking... Is there a limit to how many classes we're able to sign up for? I guess I should probably look under th QA section. lol

One of mine starts the 24th and the other one.. Nutrition/Food Sustainability just started yesterday so I'm not far behind.

Thanks so much...I love learning!
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Mrsmorman
    Mrsmorman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info.
  • sajeffe
    sajeffe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    This is the second offering of this course through coursera.org and University of California, San Francisco. If you have a little time, this is a good course. If you don't want to keep up with the actual class, you should enroll anyway and you can download the lectures to watch later. If you've never heard of coursera.org or edx.com and you love learning, you'll love these sites! Gogogo.

Nutrition for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
    with Professor Katie Ferraro

About the course: "This course covers the basics of normal nutrition for optimal health outcomes and evidence-based diets for a variety of diseases. Participants will learn the fundamentals of nutrition science and build upon these to explore emerging diet therapies, to analyze nutrition research and to plan well-balanced meals and dietary interventions for both healthy individuals and those with a number of diseases and health conditions."
    This is very cool.... loving the class I'm currently taking... Is there a limit to how many classes we're able to sign up for? I guess I should probably look under th QA section. lol

One of mine starts the 24th and the other one.. Nutrition/Food Sustainability just started yesterday so I'm not far behind.

Thanks so much...I love learning!

No limit. I'm enrolled in a bunch of courses but only actually doing the work in two at a time. The others, I just download all of the materials for whenever I have time to do them. (I'm also fearful that this type of resource won't be free forever.)
  • sajeffe
    Options
    Wow! I'm checking out Epigenetic Control of Gene Expression!

Yeah, I'm actually signed up for that one. I just finished an introductory genetics course.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,974 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    bump learning is fun
  • sajeffe
    Options
    I would like to become a dietician when I'm done highschool so this program would give me a good start. How ever do you think if i signed up It would be okay to just watch the lectures becausee i need time for homework, im always swamped.

Definitely. Just enroll, watch the lectures when you have time, and learn. :) It will definitely give you a head start on dietitian studies.
  • tamisame
    tamisame Posts: 1
    Options
    Just signed in. Thank you very much for the information. :smile:
  • heasleyt
    heasleyt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    looks interesting. I am checking it out
  • jbs2travel
    jbs2travel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the heads up. Signed up for course.