what excuses did you make for not losing weight.

Options
12346»

Replies

• sst036
    sst036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    "One more bite won't hurt", "my knees can't handle cardio" and "no one wanted me when I was smaller, so what does it matter?"

Now I know that while one more bite won't hurt - one less really won't hurt, my knee pain subsided with stringer muscles and interval periods, and I just don't care that I'm still single. *kitten* happens, just don't let it stick.
  • Ameengyrl
    Ameengyrl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Oh boy. Two of my favorites are "I have a man! Why lose weight? He likes me the way I am" Anddd lol "well I ran track and cross country throughout high school so I've always been in good shape, just a little fluffy" lollll I'm 25 and over 300 lbs. ridiculous
  • Sam_Tastic_1
    Sam_Tastic_1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    "I'll start tomorrow" is something I've told myself probably 1,000 times in recent years.

This was me! There was always tomorrow. I finally woke up one day and just started back counting my calories and slowly adding in some light exercise.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Denial. Bigger shirts and pants. More denial. Denial underlined with fear, mostly fear that I couldn't change the course I was on. In hindsight I can't believe I bought my own BS for so long.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    Not so much an excuse, but I was very worried about yoyo dieting, and regaining more than I'd lost, so did loads and loads of reading before starting. If I lost, I wanted it to be a one-off, losing it and keeping it off for life. Which meant I had to commit to dieting for life and that felt like a big commitment.

I don't think I was properly in denial. I knew I was fat. However, I often got a surprise when I saw myself in a mirror or photos, so I don't think I felt as fat as I actually was.