What am I doing wrong? Less than 16 lbs lost in 4 months (pics)

Options

Replies

• Emmatyan
    Emmatyan Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

When were you 115? You are pretty young. If you were 115 several years ago, your body likely has changed in a way that means you look just as good at a different weight.

High school :D Can't a woman dream about being as pretty as she was in high school?)
  • Emmatyan
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Then 45g of chocolate and some peanut butter, for example.

Oh you were proposing, not asking! I misuderstood.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Emmatyan wrote: »
    Then 45g of chocolate and some peanut butter, for example.

Oh you were proposing, not asking! I misuderstood.
    Yeah, my shorthand way of typing it was ambiguous.

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    When were you 115? You are pretty young. If you were 115 several years ago, your body likely has changed in a way that means you look just as good at a different weight.

High school :D Can't a woman dream about being as pretty as she was in high school?)

I was 115 lbs. in high school, with the physique of a 12 yo boy. So for me, I definitely don't want to go back to that :)

Really, though, don't get too tied to a number on the scale. You look fabulous right now. If you are truly only eating 900 calories you should eat more because that's not a sustainable plan. However, I would tend to think that your math might be a bit off there because otherwise you would be feeling crummy and you don't seem to be so far.
  • Monikaj4
    Monikaj4 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh my! R u kidding me? You look great! I don't look like that when I am 134. How did YOU do it????? You are doing nothing wrong.
  • MisRka
    MisRka Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! And for comparison we started about the same time,1/15, and with similar starting points and I have lost 12.5 lbs during that time.
  • Emmatyan
    Options

I was 115 lbs. in high school, with the physique of a 12 yo boy. So for me, I definitely don't want to go back to that :)

Really, though, don't get too tied to a number on the scale. You look fabulous right now. If you are truly only eating 900 calories you should eat more because that's not a sustainable plan. However, I would tend to think that your math might be a bit off there because otherwise you would be feeling crummy and you don't seem to be so far.

The calorie number is pretty accurate, I think, I never leave anything amiss. In the end on the day I have a chocolate or something just to get over a 1000k mark, especially if I've been exercising. I just have a very sedative way of life/work, 15 hours a day in front of the computer. My body may even not need so much energy, It's almost sleeping :D
    I don't have photos from high school, but 2 years ago I reached 55kg (121lbs). I don't think I look skinny here, just slim.
    ieAnza4njKg.jpg
  • sandryc79
    sandryc79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Just stop it. You look fantastic. Seriously. ..posts like this make me so sad. What are we doing as a society when a woman with a body like that says "why am I so fat?" and thinks existing on 900 calories is an acceptable way to treat her body?
  • DeguelloTex
    Options
    It's hard to tell from one picture at one angle, but I'd agree that you don't look overly thin in that picture.
  • Emmatyan
    Options
    Monikaj4 wrote: »
    Oh my! R u kidding me? You look great! I don't look like that when I am 134. How did YOU do it????? You are doing nothing wrong.

I have no idea? Maybe it's the muscles? I have gained a lot of muscles lately, ones that I've never seen on myself before :D But i'm not sure they are big enough to weigh SO much.
    MisRka wrote: »
    You look awesome! And for comparison we started about the same time,1/15, and with similar starting points and I have lost 12.5 lbs during that time.

Do you mind if I add you to friends then? ^_^
  • DeguelloTex
    Options
    sandryc79 wrote: »
    Just stop it. You look fantastic. Seriously. ..posts like this make me so sad. What are we doing as a society when a woman with a body like that says "why am I so fat?" and thinks existing on 900 calories is an acceptable way to treat her body?
    The first mention on "fat" in this thread is from you.

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If you are eating 900 calories, you are not gaining muscles. You are losing fat and revealing muscles that were under it but not building more. And you are likely retaining water due to lifting weights, which will make your muscles appear larger and more visible as well.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Whoa! Emma, your ticker says you have 24 pounds left to lose. You might want to rethink that.

Why do you think that? I had 115 lbs once and it looked perfect:) So this is my goal.

This. You were that weight back in high school. Body composition changes over time. That's why you shouldn't aim for a number. Just because you were once that number and looked a certain way doesn't mean you'll be the same if you got back to that number now. The weight I was at just five years ago would look crazy on me now.

I honestly don't see where twenty five pounds could come off your body. I think the number is making you see things that don't exist. For a smaller person losing a pound a month is excellent progress. We simply don't burn enough calories to lose at a higher rate in a safe manner.

Take some time to calculate your tdee through an online calculator and see how much you should really be eating because you're eating too little right now. Really look at yourself and appreciate the progress you've made.
  • Emmatyan
    Options

I'm not saying I'm fat. I'm alright. I just want to be PERFECT!:) I want to be all muscles, tight and beautiful, strong as a lion. My inspiration are these guys :)
    5wronRhJb3hTKWpvtHc13g-article.jpg

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I wanna be perfect, too. Ain't gonna happen, though.
  • Emmatyan
    Options
    It's hard to tell from one picture at one angle, but I'd agree that you don't look overly thin in that picture.

That's what I'm saying. There is a way to go for me and it's not going to be unhealthy.
  • Emmatyan
    Options
    If you are eating 900 calories, you are not gaining muscles. You are losing fat and revealing muscles that were under it but not building more. And you are likely retaining water due to lifting weights, which will make your muscles appear larger and more visible as well.

That makes sense. So I should consume more calories? I'm actually quite afraid of that.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

That makes sense. So I should consume more calories? I'm actually quite afraid of that.

What are you afraid of?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

What are you afraid of?

^^This, and yes......by a lot...
  • sandryc79
    sandryc79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    The first mention on "fat" in this thread is from you.

Yes, she said "why am I so heavy." If she didn't think it were fat she wouldn't be trying to lose it by cutting calories? Just my assumption that most people are not trying to lose muscle or organs. But that was an assumption.