Football Talk

Options

Replies

• cheesechickcc
    cheesechickcc Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    OK with draft day around the corner this only means Football season is gracing us with another fun filled, bbq-ing, trash talking, screaming, yelling at the TV, winning or losing months. Whose your team? What are your realistic predictions and will you be making it all the way to playoffs this year.
    My team GREEN BAY PACKERS and my prediction..... 14-3 All home games won

Atta girl!

Huge Packer fan here... living in Chicago enemy territory.

GO PACK GO!

AWESOME!!! HOW does it feel to live in Bear territory when Packers win?
  • micmin2015
    micmin2015 Posts: 134 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

micmin2015 wrote: »
    Unreal I'm actually a big Green Bay Packers fan from Maui. I predict them going 15-1. I think they will have a chip on their shoulders after that botched NFC Championship game.

Whose the loss going to be over?

I think it will be week 6 against the chargers. I just have a feeling.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    my prediction is that the SEC will once again be overrated and they will not win a BCS playoff game again this year.

Do you even watch college football? The SEC is overrated compared to who??

personally, I think that the SEC can be a) over rated and b) the best football conference at the same time.

Every year, the talking heads talk about the SEC as being almost NFL level, when they aren't.
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Bengals fan here! I love watching the draft, not only for the Bengals, but to see where all the top players go. We have a couple positions of need, so it will be interesting to see which one we fill first. Although I think we have a good team and could possible make the playoffs again, even with a tough schedule this year, I don't have very much, if any faith at all, in Marvin Lewis' ability to get his team ready for a playoff game and victory. So, if we even make the playoffs, I see us going one and done, just like the last four years.

Ahh a fellow fan who knows my pain! Marvin Lewis isn't our ONLY problem. Heatmiser (what I call Andy Dalton) can't seem to remember what team he needs to throw the ball to! The dude throws so many picks it's INSANE! We have to put up with that BS for SIX MORE YEARS?!?!?!?! I'm hoping they get smart and give AJ McCarron some time on the field. We had him there last season but he was unable to play because of the shoulder injury so why not give him some playing time now that he is all healed? I just hate never making past the first round of the playoffs. I am hopeful for this season but I REALLY don't expect much!
  • courtneybrooke27
    courtneybrooke27 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Being from Canada, I'm a HUGE CFL fan (Go TiCats!). I've always loved watching NFL but never had a favourite team... this will be my first year as a Bears fan! (If I chose any other team, I think a good friend of mine would disown me... he's hardcore, haha).
    PS - This doesn't change the fact that I think Aaron Rodgers is such a babe.

Could you imagine those babies with Olivia Munn? Super model pro athletes.

I think their only flaw is that they're too perfect.. save some good looks and talent for the rest of the world, jeez.
  • cheesechickcc
    Options
    OK with draft day around the corner this only means Football season is gracing us with another fun filled, bbq-ing, trash talking, screaming, yelling at the TV, winning or losing months. Whose your team? What are your realistic predictions and will you be making it all the way to playoffs this year.

I can think of one game that they aren't going to win at home and it's against my beloved Seattle Seahawks!! :) We're going back to the SB this year and we're going to win in Levi's stadium - take that Niners!

Hey how did that loss feel from the Pats??? Shocker right! Much respect for your QB... That guy is dangerous for sure and the way it felt to lose against them felt unreal, like my heart was breaking.
    As for the win @Lambeau.... Oooooh its going to be a very close game. But I still see the Pack to win by 3pt. Good luck to your team! :wink:
  • cheesechickcc
    Options
    kjm3579 wrote: »
    Football is what most of the world calls soccer -- I would rather watch a soccer game any day.

In this case GO USA!!! :smiley:
  • cheesechickcc
    Options
    Big Broncos fan but not as optimistic this year. Don't think Manning will excel in Kubiak's offense. Probably still win 10-11 games and hopefully have a running game that can carry us through the playoffs a lot better than Peyton's right arm.

So you don't think they have a chance with the Packers this year? Cause this is the team I predict the win... I hope not, but it might happen.
  • cheesechickcc
    Options
    Unreal I'm actually a big Green Bay Packers fan from Maui. I predict them going 15-1. I think they will have a chip on their shoulders after that botched NFC Championship game.

Really!!??? Now I'm interested as to know why.... I Need to do more research....
  • micmin2015
    Options

Really!!??? Now I'm interested as to know why.... I Need to do more research....

Looking at both teams on paper Packers should win I just have a gut feeling its going to be a trap game
  • brcossette
    brcossette Posts: 89 Member
    Options

14-3 Does that mean you expect the packers to lose their first playoff game or did they expand the regular season again? Either way Steelers 19-0 beating the cowboys in the superbowl for #7
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    my prediction is that the SEC will once again be overrated and they will not win a BCS playoff game again this year.

Do you even watch college football? The SEC is overrated compared to who??

personally, I think that the SEC can be a) over rated and b) the best football conference at the same time.

Every year, the talking heads talk about the SEC as being almost NFL level, when they aren't.

I disagree. I think every year for the past decade (or longer) the SEC has been top notch from almost top to bottom (with the exception of Vandy, UK, and occasionally UT). That kind of dominance has worn down on outsiders so they nitpick and misconstrue what the media says to that level of praise. I think if anybody with a position of media exposure made a claim that ANY college team could beat ANY NFL team, they'd be fired on the spot (unless they were just taking a stab at how terrible the Raiders and Jaguars are).
  • cheesechickcc
    Options
    brcossette wrote: »

14-3 Does that mean you expect the packers to lose their first playoff game or did they expand the regular season again? Either way Steelers 19-0 beating the cowboys in the superbowl for #7

17 weeks... Sound right?
  • cheesechickcc
    Options
    Looking at the Bears schedule, every single game is a trap game. They are trapped with a douche of a quarterback. They need to rebuild their defense too, obviously. Our only hope is that Shea McClellin can stop sucking and break Aaron Rodgers' collar bone again. But the sons of biatches still couldn't win the division that year either, so. Draft Marcus Mariotta? Not a chance, but a girl can dream can't she.

Wow!!! I call bad sportsmanship there.... I wouldn't wish any QB to be hurt like that as Arod was not even your douche bag QB. But then again you are a Bears fan lol!!!! Its OK girl maybe in your dreams they will win.
  • micmin2015
    Options
    brcossette wrote: »

17 weeks... Sound right?

Your forgetting about the bye week regular season has 17 weeks but each team has only 16 games
  • cheesechickcc
    Options

Looking at both teams on paper Packers should win I just have a gut feeling its going to be a trap game

OK I got'cha.... Well all we can do is pray our PACK WINS!!
    GO PACK GO!!
  • cheesechickcc
    Options

Love that you're a sexy female football fan!!! Not so much that your team is the packers...haha. I'm a born and raised Vikings fan...no matter how much they suck from year to year.

I predict that we will at least do better than the Bears!

With Bridgewater at QB and an ok defense, I'll agree. They'll need a few more playmakers on offense. Although, I haven't heard what they want to do with Adrian Peterson yet. They could do very well next year.

You are right. If Patterson Peterson can get going again and work on his routes that would be a big factor! And I assume AP will be playing (hopefully well) since we don't wanna let him go anywhere else lol

Why does the best running back (or arguably at least top 3) in the league need to "work on his routes"?

Haha yes I am talking about the wide receiver Patterson. The only thing Peterson needs to work on is his attitude!

Go Vikes!

Or go play for the Cowboys like he said.... "It would be nice" but he's currently under contract right? Any thoughts about this? Keep him or should Viks let him go when its time?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Lol, my team (9ers) play the NFC north division this year and I'd say that if the game against the 2 were played in GB, that home game would have been a loss since we've owned you the last couple of times we've played there.
    Even with a cruddy Kaepernick.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png