road ethics

Replies

• nope31
    nope31 Posts: 174
    nope 31. My sugar baby age limit is 30.
    Awwwwws, I'm outta of limit for your suga' baby :sad:

Our board of directors made an exemption for you!

[img]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii205/lassie_faire/GIF central/Upset/300t9vl.gif[/img]

:brokenheart: :sad:
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    i can't stand people who think that because they're going faster than the posted limit that they are entitled to drive in the passing lane. When I come up your *kitten*, it's nothing personal.... it's just my way of saying "get the *kitten* over, I want to go faster than you" with my car, you know the only way I can. If it's night time I will give you a flash. Also code for "get out of the way"
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member

[img]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii205/lassie_faire/GIF central/Upset/300t9vl.gif[/img]

Ok ok, I'll buy you a popsicle
  • nope31

[img]http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n537/SirBrickRock/moving car pics/dodgechallenger.gif[/img]

I'll let ya take my Charger for a spin.

corvette or shut the front door!

CORVETTE64-new.gif
  • nope31

n1p1tcjpg.gif

:love: :love: :love:
  • NormInv

n1p1tcjpg.gif

:love: :love: :love:

How fetching! I'll use my flexible heath account for you.
  • nope31
    [/quote]

""How fetching! I'll use my flexible heath account for you.""
    [/quote]

[img]http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv102/cheesegirl33/GIF/GIF LOST/what.gif[/img]
  • NormInv

""How fetching! I'll use my flexible heath account for you.""
    [/quote]

[img]http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv102/cheesegirl33/GIF/GIF LOST/what.gif[/img]
    [/quote]

pretax money to pay for jobs, deducted from paycheck.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    You want to know why? Because passing on the RIGHT is frowned upon. I don't like passing on the right. slower traffic keep right applies no matter how fast you are going.

But going 100+ is perfectly fine? Fine logic you have there, lol.
  • nope31
    You want to know why? Because passing on the RIGHT is frowned upon. I don't like passing on the right. slower traffic keep right applies no matter how fast you are going.

No one asked you to Chime In.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    State "keep right" laws

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html

Ignorance is no excuse.

i explained that the conditions of my city make the left lane not a passing lane, by overwhelming consensus and convention. also, i don't live in a state.

#1 You asked:
    Supposed to move over? According to which law?
    #2 I assume you live in D.C. It also has a Slower Traffic Keep Right Law.

Sorry was unclear - but, thank you, yes, I did ask for a law, & neglected to offer a context re location, my bad - I meant, what law permits tailgating as an appropriate form of inter-driver communication?

The left lane is the passing lane in most places, of course, and technically (but in no way realistically) in mine too

Not in DC, not in the US

Oh, well that whole back and forth was pointless. It's comparing apples and oranges, we don't know how people drive in your country.

Passing lane is not a technical thing, it's a very real in our country because it is big and we can afford those lanes except during rush hours in major metropolitan areas.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    I am appalled at the lack of road ethics shown by people. For example, people would travel in the exit lane to avoid traffic, then get back into lane right at the end. I hate these people. There is something wrong with them. We all justify our stupid actions but it really is a reflection of our character. Stop being a jerk!
    Did they use their signal light to change lanes?
  • nope31
    I am appalled at the lack of road ethics shown by people. For example, people would travel in the exit lane to avoid traffic, then get back into lane right at the end. I hate these people. There is something wrong with them. We all justify our stupid actions but it really is a reflection of our character. Stop being a jerk!
    Did they use their signal light to change lanes?

[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d85/stretchy_stretch15/Animate gif/traffic.gif[/img]
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    State "keep right" laws

Ignorance is no excuse.

i explained that the conditions of my city make the left lane not a passing lane, by overwhelming consensus and convention. also, i don't live in a state.

#1 You asked:

Sorry was unclear - but, thank you, yes, I did ask for a law, & neglected to offer a context re location, my bad - I meant, what law permits tailgating as an appropriate form of inter-driver communication?

The left lane is the passing lane in most places, of course, and technically (but in no way realistically) in mine too

Not in DC, not in the US

Oh, well that whole back and forth was pointless. It's comparing apples and oranges, we don't know how people drive in your country.

Passing lane is not a technical thing, it's a very real in our country because it is big and we can afford those lanes except during rush hours in major metropolitan areas.

What? It's 'very real' on the books here too - it's just unenforceable, because there is literally no space for all the freaking cars. NOSPACE

and we can afford it, we just have an ashhat for a mayor. other cities don't have this problem.

(we drive the same)
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 491 Member
    I really hate it when people feel the need to drive up the middle lane to pass everyone out or pass you out on a two-way street. So dangerous. Also when you have to get into the passing lane to get off of an exit so you must slow down and they drive right up to the back of your car and get mad.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    State "keep right" laws

Ignorance is no excuse.

#1 You asked:

Not in DC, not in the US

What? It's 'very real' on the books here too - it's just unenforceable, because there is literally no space for all the freaking cars. NOSPACE

and we can afford it, we just have an ashhat for a mayor. other cities don't have this problem.

(we drive the same)

"very real" I mean it is not just on the books and is enforced, hence it is very real with everyday implications.

By "afford" I was metaphorically referring to space/land and not money. If you don't have enough space to use left lanes for passing then you aren't really experiencing the same issue we are talking about.
  • emsicle_o
    emsicle_o Posts: 162 Member
    My peeve at the moment:

Stupid white van waiting to pull onto a 60mph road, gives way to the car directly in front of me and whilst looking the wrong way to see if it had passed, pulls out, forcing me to do an emergency stop (and only narrowly avoiding hitting him). I blast him with the horn and he then proceeds to block both sides of the road to tell me off for driving too fast (48mph on a 60mph straight road? Car in front going faster than me not a problem?). Interesting I get 'taught' a lesson in dangerous driving when he was the one who nearly caused an accident by not looking and then blocked two lanes of a 60mph road, causing 4 more cars to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting him and me whilst he was shouting through the window! Psychotic! How do these people get licenses?
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    State "keep right" laws

Ignorance is no excuse.

#1 You asked:

Not in DC, not in the US

(we drive the same)

"very real" I mean it is not just on the books and is enforced, hence it is very real with everyday implications.

By "afford" I was metaphorically referring to space/land and not money. If you don't have enough space to use left lanes for passing then you aren't really experiencing the same issue we are talking about.

i have not ONLY driven around the city i live in. i'm in north america. and a reasonable physical infrastructure is not necessarily constrained by square area.
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    I haven't read through the thread yet so no idea if it's been mentioned, but wanted to add mine in anyways:

1. People who turn out in front of you really fast from a side street - and when there are no cars behind you - and then drive slower than molasses.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member

No one asked you to Chime In.

Oh gee, I'm sorry, I didn't realize this thread was invitation only :flowerforyou: