Thinking about Alli.. Any success stories out there?

Options

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Today in mfp I've learn that congratulating someone on their weight loss, and telling them that as they are doing so well it would be pointless to try a pill that costs money and has horrible side effects is being negative.

Never change mfp.

That's almost a full bingo card just in one thread! :D

• jmichaelminton
    jmichaelminton Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If you want to avoid fat absorption to help lose weight, why not just eat a high fiber diet?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    This wouldn't work for me purely because I try an go over mfp's fat default setting. I love coconut oil, avocados, flaxseed,smoked salmon,cheese,butter etc etc Wouldn't eating all of these things produce the "Alli poops" ??
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I feel like I don't need to actually poop my pants in public to know it is a bad thing, but if it is something OP wants to do (and clearly she does by her defensive posts) who are we to stand in her way.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I personally have not but my m.i.l takes it and lost roughly 80 or more with it. She takes it still almost for four years running except when it was discontinued. It was a great tool for her to learn to eat different. The medicine actually helped regulate her bm so if constipation is a issue... but never eat a fatty thing she said or you will regret it. She loves it and lives by it.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    People are telling you that you are losing weight at a fabulous rate, and they're telling you to stay away from a drug that could, at best, embarrass you in public and, at worst, damage your health.

We should all have such "negativity" in our lives.

b62wfmvq4uid.png
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    This wouldn't work for me purely because I try an go over mfp's fat default setting. I love coconut oil, avocados, flaxseed,smoked salmon,cheese,butter etc etc Wouldn't eating all of these things produce the "Alli poops" ??

IKR?? Life without all my delicious fats would not be worth living.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

IKR?? Life without all my delicious fats would not be worth living.

Indeed!! I find it hard enough to stick to a healthy varied diet, without omitting healthy AND yummy foods. This would just constitute too much work!!

• geotrice
    geotrice Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    jhs4bama79 wrote: »
    I've been thinking about purchasing Alli since they've put it back on the market again. Any success stories out there? I've lost approx 36 lbs since the 5th of January, but feel like I'm plateauing...

The fat in food makes you feel satiated (full) which means you eat less to reach that full feeling. Eating fat doesn't make you fat. Don't use Alli. Just make smarter food choices. No pill will ever make you lose weight. Eating fewer calories and or burning off excess calories will.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    geotrice wrote: »
    I've been thinking about purchasing Alli since they've put it back on the market again. Any success stories out there? I've lost approx 36 lbs since the 5th of January, but feel like I'm plateauing...

The fat in food makes you feel satiated (full) which means you eat less to reach that full feeling. Eating fat doesn't make you fat. Don't use Alli. Just make smarter food choices. No pill will ever make you lose weight. Eating fewer calories and or burning off excess calories will.

I totally agree.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Look I don't need anyone's negativity please. If you haven't personally tried the medication yourself please hold your opinions/comments.. Not to sound rude, but that's what I'm asking for is personal "Yes, I have tried this and sure it was great or no it was horrible don't do it!" input. Thanks.

A close friend tried it. He pooped on a plane.

Did he poop snakes?

OP: it's normal for weight loss to slow down because your body begins requiring less calories. It's normal. My suggestion would be to skip the poop inducing drugs, even if they are FDA approved, and keep doing what you're doing. Also learning patience and having realistic expectations will be helpful.

Lastly, I don't see any negativity here. It's been all 100% honesty.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Lastly, I don't see any negativity here. It's been all 100% honesty.

And therein lies the rub. So many people just want to hear what they want to hear.

nkq0q4xh6p9n.jpg

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I just had the flu and couldn't stop pooping for 2 weeks.

I can't imagine doing that to myself on purpose.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I just had the flu and couldn't stop pooping for 2 weeks.

I can't imagine doing that to myself on purpose.

Pretty much the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy (had baby January 15) I experienced the whole "body clearing out" to prep for labor, etc. It was not a fun 2 weeks, for sure. I also can't imagine taking something that induces that. I would be scared of going out in public. If I'm not sick or popping out a baby, I don't ever want to experience that again.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I took one of those bowel prep cleanses ONCE! It was horrific, lets just say, never ever take them when you're suffering from hay fever and sneezing a lot. And be double sure to be fully seated on the toilet before you sneeze, or else you will end up with chocolate covered walls and ceiling in your loo.
    Yes people, this happened to me :flushed::confounded:
  • virelay129
    virelay129 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Used it...lost 21 lbs. in 3 months over 5 years ago when it first came out as Alli at Costco.

Yes, you will most likely lose wight. So yes, in a sense it will work.

Only read on if you have a tough stomach and are open-minded enough to...

Firstly, it ups the anxiety to uncontrollable levels (if you suffer from it or even if you don't from what I understand). I have anxiety issues as it is...it was almost unbearable...even the thought if not leaning over my counter correctly was terrifying.

Anything you eat with over about a 3 to 5% fat level will find it's way back out of your body...FAST. If the constant anal burn wasn't enough to deter me from EVER touching the stuff again, the smell would do it.

It doesn't teach you what you need to know to sustain the loss. It doesn't mend your relationship with food.

I've been there and tried all the diets, the fads, the "tried and true quick ways to lose weight". Here's what I've learned. It will not come off fast...well, the first couple of weeks it will, but then it won't. The fads, clenses, pills and Dr. Oz, oh they'll help you lose 10 lbs in one week...but gain it back a week after that.

Please, don't take any of this as negativity towards you. You'll have your "Ah ha!" moment, just like myself, and several others here, did.

I wish you luck OP!

• Christine_72
    Options
    I think OP will be one of those people who has to try it for herself, no matter how many horror stories she hears about it.. Afterall she could be the ONE person who doesnt experience these side effects.... :wink:
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options

Yep. Its not just poop though. Its oil, leaking out of you azz. Soooooo bad!
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »

Yep. Its not just poop though. Its oil, leaking out of you azz. Soooooo bad!

Oh Lordy, I'd be too scared to leave the house... Or i'd be resigned to wearing very long jackets and some "padding" in my knickers every time I went out :open_mouth: