Thinking about Alli.. Any success stories out there?

Replies

• rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    I took one of those bowel prep cleanses ONCE! It was horrific, lets just say, never ever take them when you're suffering from hay fever and sneezing a lot. And be double sure to be fully seated on the toilet before you sneeze, or else you will end up with chocolate covered walls and ceiling in your loo.
    Yes people, this happened to me :flushed::confounded:

LMAO! I'm sorry. I can't help but to laugh, but just the image of sneezing and pooping all over the place is hilarious. I know it wasn't at the time, though.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    I'm waiting hopefully for OP to come back. But I bet they won't.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I took one of those bowel prep cleanses ONCE! It was horrific, lets just say, never ever take them when you're suffering from hay fever and sneezing a lot. And be double sure to be fully seated on the toilet before you sneeze, or else you will end up with chocolate covered walls and ceiling in your loo.

LMAO! I'm sorry. I can't help but to laugh, but just the image of sneezing and pooping all over the place is hilarious. I know it wasn't at the time, though.

This happened nearly 2 years ago, and i am only just now able to laugh about it.

LOL Don't be sorry, it is funny when it happens to other people :bigsmile: :+1:

• rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member

This happened nearly 2 years ago, and i am only just now able to laugh about it.

LOL Don't be sorry, it is funny when it happens to other people :bigsmile: :+1:

LOL! Yes it is!
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    I'm sorry, Christine. But this was all I could think of....

dVjJTt5.gif

• Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    jhs4bama79 wrote: »
    Look I don't need anyone's negativity please. If you haven't personally tried the medication yourself please hold your opinions/comments.. Not to sound rude, but that's what I'm asking for is personal "Yes, I have tried this and sure it was great or no it was horrible don't do it!" input. Thanks.

It is disconcerting when you first come one here and you ask what you think is a fairly benign question (hey it's medically endorsed) and get such vehement responses which, in your case are spot on so I hope you take them for the intent which is meant.

it is disheartening too to find out that your loss slows down. There's a mental adjustment (was for me) to accept that its going to take a little longer than what you're anticipating. Sometimes what we start with (which you haven't mentioned) in order to lose we have to reconfigure or create another goal to go alongside it so we aren't so focused on scales.

I found it really helpful to use the search function on here anytime I had a query - so much information on here to get over hurdles.

#IwillneverlookatChristinethesameagain

• dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    It is true. It happened to me in Target. I had to buy pants and underwear and change in the Target bathroom. I threw the clothes I was wearing in the trash. So happy I was not at work.
  • Christine_72
    JordisTSM wrote: »
    I'm sorry, Christine. But this was all I could think of....

dVjJTt5.gif

you evil wench :laugh: :laugh:

But yeah that pretty much sums it up :open_mouth:

LOL @_skim you're not the first person who has said this to me after telling my lovely story :blush:

• jrenfrowilliams
    jrenfrowilliams Posts: 8 Member
    I have used it. It was recommended by my aunt. I couldn't make it from the toilet to the shower without leaking. Terrible stuff!!!
  • Christine_72
    I sincerely hope OP is still reading this.

And if she has decided to try Alli I want a full report of it effectiveness :bigsmile:
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Look I don't need anyone's negativity please. If you haven't personally tried the medication yourself please hold your opinions/comments.. Not to sound rude, but that's what I'm asking for is personal "Yes, I have tried this and sure it was great or no it was horrible don't do it!" input. Thanks.

Absolutely no one in the thread was being negative. You also don't have to experience fatty butt leaks to weigh in on whether or not one would want them, or whether they are worth losing a few pounds by depriving your body of dietary fat that it needs.

Alli is a terrible product, and I never will understand why someone would torture themselves in that way to lose weight. Just eat less food than you did before.
  • msjackiemorgan
    msjackiemorgan Posts: 45 Member
    I've been thinking about purchasing Alli since they've put it back on the market again. Any success stories out there? I've lost approx 36 lbs since the 5th of January, but feel like I'm plateauing...

• msjackiemorgan
    msjackiemorgan Posts: 45 Member
    I didn't like it. I had the Rx one it was just toooooo oily for me because I wasn't trying to cut down on my fat intake.
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 339 Member
    My neighbor took it for a short time. She got tired of all the accidents she had. Social life was nonexistent because of her fear of anal leakage
  • megs983
    megs983 Posts: 2 Member
    I've tried it and if you even fart this orange oil comes out and when you poop oil drips out so if your going to take it you'll need to wear pads. Like a big one that goes past your *kitten*. Sorry if that's tmi! But it does work on a side note.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    edited April 2015
    I took it for a couple of months several years ago. I never had any problems with it...no accidents or anything of that nature. However, I did not lose any weight. The reason was that eating too much fat was never my problem...I got fat because I ate too much sugar and bread and other processed carbs. And Alli does nothing at all to help with that.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Alli is supposed to help train you not to eat too much fat in your diet, and the negative side effects are essentially your consequence for doing so. It is similar in concept to some medications that are given to alcoholics that will make them violently ill and throwing up if they consume alcohol. If you stay within the recommended fat you won't have the issues. However, you should know that Alli was purchased by another company, went off the market, and recently re-introduced and the new formula is a bit different; the new company has not confirmed the changes. Also, be aware that you shouldn't stay on Alli for the long term, it is really a short term solution. It does work, and it simply works because it prevents your body from absorbing a lot of the fat that you normally would have - since fat has the most calories compared to other macro-molecules, you obviously aren't retaining those calories and are able to have an easier deficit. It will seem like it doesn't work if you don't end up having a caloric deficit, but in reality it is just preventing gains, so you still need to achieve a caloric deficit to see an actual loss.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited April 2015
    AmerTunsi wrote: »
    Alli is supposed to help train you not to eat too much fat in your diet, and the negative side effects are essentially your consequence for doing so. It is similar in concept to some medications that are given to alcoholics that will make them violently ill and throwing up if they consume alcohol. If you stay within the recommended fat you won't have the issues. However, you should know that Alli was purchased by another company, went off the market, and recently re-introduced and the new formula is a bit different; the new company has not confirmed the changes. Also, be aware that you shouldn't stay on Alli for the long term, it is really a short term solution. It does work, and it simply works because it prevents your body from absorbing a lot of the fat that you normally would have - since fat has the most calories compared to other macro-molecules, you obviously aren't retaining those calories and are able to have an easier deficit. It will seem like it doesn't work if you don't end up having a caloric deficit, but in reality it is just preventing gains, so you still need to achieve a caloric deficit to see an actual loss.

Considering dietary fat is essential for your body, not sure why anyone would want to train themselves to not eat fat...
  • Christine_72
    AmerTunsi wrote: »

Considering dietary fat is essential for your body, not sure why anyone would want to train themselves to not eat fat...

Definitely! !!

What about excess everything else????