The Truth About Jillian Michaels

Options
I'm a big fan of Jillan Michaels and her DVDs and this is very interesting. Glad I saw this before buying any of her supplements.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbsYbE0xAs4

Replies

• sewingdiscontent
    Options
    Woah! Juicy!
    Cocaine cigarettes! Stolen routines! Adam's apple due to steroid use!
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    My work's filter won't let me look at it. :( Can someone fill me in on what it actually says so I don't have to wait until I go home in 3.25 hours?
  • RebekahR84
    Options
    Woah! Juicy!

Is that actually what it says or are you being silly?
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Woah! Juicy!

Is that actually what it says or are you being silly?
    That is exactly what he said.

While it may be true, why did it take this guy 9 years to come out with it?

I had a feeling she was a fraud anyway, with all the BS she says.
  • RebekahR84
    Options
    Yikes. Well, I still find her motivational. I never thought I'd look like her, but she's pretty good at getting people off their butts.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Yikes. Well, I still find her motivational. I never thought I'd look like her, but she's pretty good at getting people off their butts.
    You want to look like her?

Keep doing whatever you're doing and add a couple of cycles of anavar and test.
  • sewingdiscontent
    Options
    He says he's coming out now bc of the dangerousness of her Hydroxycut products, but a lot of it just sounds like sour grapes. Also, the way he derides her for being gay makes me doubt him as a human being.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

google her before and afters, she was a little fatty when she was younger!
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Bump, so I can watch later :)
  • RebekahR84
    Options
    I said I never expected to look like her, not that I wanted to. I was just saying that reference the performance-enhancers they say she supposedly took. Just glad I didn't get my hopes up.
  • HS2305
    HS2305 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • UnwrappingCandy
    UnwrappingCandy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Less than 200k views since being posted in 2011....hmmmmm

I may not like Jillian, but that guy was an idiot. Who would have ever wanted 5 minutes of fame on Glenn Beck or Doctor Oz? :laugh: :noway:
  • Clarissia_Nicole
    Clarissia_Nicole Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It's a video of her Grand Master of 11 years basically slamming her for copying his diet and exercise routines and labeling them as her own, doing cocaine, and taking testosterone/steroids. Says he kept quiet because he was happy for her success, but had enough when she started selling dangerous diet pills and decided to speak out.

Seems pretty legit to me, maybe exaggerated a little due to built up resentment. And yeah the gay-bashing thing was kinda wack, but I think he was trying to emphasize that she is using testosterone
  • Clarissia_Nicole
    Clarissia_Nicole Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Even regardless of whether or not the allegations are true, I do think she's a bit of a hypocrite. She preaches about how if you want to lose weight, you have to work hard for it then comes out with diet pills. Not natural supplements but diet pills with dangerous chemicals and side effects. I'm kinda starting to doubt her as a person more and more but dunno I guess no one's perfect and we all have flaws. Her 30-day DVDs, regardless of whether the system is ripped of or not, are amazing and have given me personally great results. But I don't trust everything she does/says/tries to sell me.
  • sammi674
    sammi674 Posts: 41
    Options
    I believed it until I saw the comments that claim the guy in the video posted a comment (then deleted it) saying that he wrote the script to Green Lantern, also.

I don't doubt that the supplements she is selling are dangerous though. But she's just the face of the product. It's not like she invented them herself.
  • Janina1987
    Janina1987 Posts: 92
    Options
    So I just watched that video on Youtube. I'm a fan of Jillian and I have almost all of her DVDs. I mean, it's possible she "stole" some of his training methods and sold them as hers but then again, she can't reinvent the wheel and that trainer of hers can not have invented all of his workout methods himself either.
    As far as taking steroids and smoking drugs ihre concerned - well, illegal, not a great role model but then again: None of my business. Might be something she did when she was younger and tried some things - which doesn't mean that I approve of it. I like her workouts and read some of her books - and quite frankly, I don't care whether she was 70 or 15 pounds overweight, whether that job as a bartender was in a gay bar or not and whether she used to hate kids or not. NONE OF MY BUSINESS.
  • misuzu437
    misuzu437 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can tell she's pretty fake. She can't even make it through one of her whole work outs. Every second she gets she stops and starts talking about pointless and worthless commonsense "tips". blah blah. She's just really annoying and obviously skinny fat in the vids I saw.

Not to say the workouts are worthless, just that I don't think she can perform them.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    She's just really annoying and obviously skinny fat in the vids I saw.

skinny fat?! er, what?!
  • Janina1987
    Janina1987 Posts: 92
    Options
    That's exactly what i thought :-)
  • RebekahR84
    Options
    I'm going to have to respectfully disagree about the skinny-fat comment. That woman is cut.