The Truth About Jillian Michaels

Options

Replies

• MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Posting for a bookmark! Definitely will have to check out the video and the rest of the posts on this thread when I get home.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone post this in the first place? If there were an issue of something being "stolen" the courts would take care of it, has this person filed charges? Why would anyone want to support an attack on someone that so clearly wants to motivate and help people... because in the process she makes money? If you don't like her, don't use her products. Easy as that.

I guess the idea of... if you have nothing nice to say... does not exist today.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Even regardless of whether or not the allegations are true, I do think she's a bit of a hypocrite. She preaches about how if you want to lose weight, you have to work hard for it then comes out with diet pills. Not natural supplements but diet pills with dangerous chemicals and side effects. I'm kinda starting to doubt her as a person more and more but dunno I guess no one's perfect and we all have flaws. Her 30-day DVDs, regardless of whether the system is ripped of or not, are amazing and have given me personally great results. But I don't trust everything she does/says/tries to sell me.

This was put perfectly. I personally don't think anyone "needs" supplements or shakes or whatever to achieve great results. Eat better foods and move more will do the trick for 99% of anyone who wants to make a change. So I never would have bought into her "extras", anyways. I just like the workouts she gave me, and the endurance it helped be build. And on that note, this idiot who is claiming she "stole" routines from him--bullsh!t. So he OWNS jump squats, or the 3-2-1 interval method? Walking planks belong to him, personally, forever? Does he have patents on any of them? No. "She stole my idea, I did it FIRST! *pout*" What is he, 5 years old? Give me a break. Sounds like he's just pissed because she was able to market a good idea and package it into something digestible for the general public better than he could. That's just business.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I thought I was gonna come in here and find out the truth about Jillian was she was a man. And I did, I guess. On so many levels.
  • FocusEnergy
    Options
    Sad......FDA really needs to test a lot products out here in the market.

ALSO DON'T USE THE DIET PILL THAT KIM KARDASHIAN PROMOTES!!!!!!!

Disgusting flavor, nasty purple color, the pill has this shimmer to it like makeup... I felt terrible after taking just one of them.
  • cocoa1326
    cocoa1326 Posts: 1
    Options
    I do her DVD's and they have helped me go from a 24 to a 20 in pant size. I am not trying to be all in her business just want her motivation to keep me going to take care of my business.
  • ramonafrincu
    ramonafrincu Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    OMG, get a life!!! Who do you think you are to criticise? R u perfect? If you are what are you doing here? You don't need MFP, right? Of course she wants to make money, it's her job!! Do you make money on your job? Do you love your job? I think she loves her job... And nobody forces you to watch her or to use her DVDs.....She will not cuddle you while working out because she needs to motivate lazy *kitten*...Jeez, so much hate!!! Go for a walk and release your system....You will get wrinkles and more fat while you sit on your *kitten* and criticize others body... It's her body and she is fit because she works for it even if she is not Miss Universe... But r u??? Do you have The Crown?:noway:
  • harleenarang
    harleenarang Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Bump for later - At work now :tongue:
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    FYI she is being sued and apparently this isn't the first time.
    That being said, seems any time anyone has money there is always someone out there ready to sue. Just sayin.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/jillian-michaels-lawsuit-biggest-loser-star-sued-allegedly/story?id=11332300#.UbdaNfm1F2A

By the way, this was in 2010 so don't know what came of this lawsuit
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    lol@all the people getting upset that someone has negative things to say about Jillian Michaels.
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Went through *some* of the posts. I can't honestly say I've ever been on the JM bandwagon, because I dislike how she became famous (I really dislike all of those "biggest loser" shows, and any other show based on the same premise), but I incidentally saw a video of hers a while ago about her having some sort of endocrinology issue. I believe it was PCOS or some other condition that mimics its effects.

In some manners that can (not always, but sometimes) account for looking more "masculine."

As far as diet advice or workout routines, I can't say anything bad because I've never paid that much attention to her to critique her. But if it works, why does it matter where it came from? all the most prominent workout routines stem from the same place. If you have a marketable face to put to it (like it or not, she's well known in the commercial fitness business) then that's all it takes.

I'm sure she persists with certain myths, but so do an inordinate amount of other personal trainers. If anything it should teach you to independently verify what you're being told before you take it as gospel truth.

I will try to find the video I saw.
  • nope31
    nope31 Posts: 174
    Options
    Julian isn't *****y, she is honest and gets the job done.
    If ya want to act like a big baby and quit and whine about how your tired or cant push thru a workout, then just stay fat.
    Anyone that says she is too much is the obvious Weakest Link.
  • sherrymccall
    sherrymccall Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    There is absolutely nothing feminine about her body shape. Nothing.

By whose definition? This sexist rubbish....

Sexist? I'm female too :huh:

Ms Michaels isn't a big name here in the UK. In fact I'd never heard of her until I joined MFP where a lot of people rated 30DS so I downloaded it to try out. The exercises were ok but I really didn't like her hosting style and rather hackneyed 'motivational quips' like "No shame ladies!". Most of all, I thought to myself "I really wouldn't ever want a body like that". She's fit as a butcher's dog sure, but for me she's a straight up and down plank with no discernible feminine shape and yes...for me the defining difference between a male figure and a female one is the curves (not fat...curves.)

To illustrate - two paparazzi photos. The first is of Jillian Michaels and the second is of Kelly Brook. My opinion is that Jillian's is scrawny (apart from her boobs which look saggy to me) and masculine and that Kelly Brook has a figure to die for - slim but curvy. If it weren't for the health issues, I'd actually prefer to remain my obese self than than have a body like Jillian Michaels.

new9oh.jpgmmx7o3.jpg

Pssst, that's not Jillian, that's her girlfriend/wife, Heidi. ....awkward moment.

This is Jillian (who, btw, I would happily trade bodies with):

jillian-michaels-and-heidi-rhoads-in-bikinis-in-miami-05-435x580.jpg

jillian-michaels-rockin-bod-on-the-beach__oPt.jpg

Haha I find it hilarious that you are body shaming Jillian and don't even use the correct picture for her! Way to go! And I would happily trade bodies with Jillian too. Including that gorgeous hair!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :drinker:

Love it!

To be honest, I find the vastness of different body types quite fascinating, particularly on folks who really take care of themselves and are in shape. I will never have an hour glass figure, but that doesn't mean I don't have an appreciation for it - especially since it's something I won't ever achieve. I would never think of cutting on somebody who has an hourglass figure because it's "not the way I'm designed." That's rubbish.

On the flip side, as I stated before, Jillian has my body type, so maybe that why I'm a little "protective." I will never have a 24" waist, but so what! I bet I can "out-burpee" MsPudding any day...
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I will try to find the video I saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk8bIKdMFVw

Some of what she says makes sense. I'm sure a lot of it has been verified independently and scripted for her to say on these shows... but the basis of what she's saying is, eat good, natural whole foods and exercise... which is not revolutionary, especially for thyroid/other endocrinology issues, because a weight reduction often lessens the symptoms.
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Maybe people are being "protective" because you're being an *kitten*.

I think there's a tad of a difference between me having an opinion about a celebrity trainer and you being personally abusive to another user, don't you?
    But good news MsPudding, the odds of you somehow accidentally getting Jillian's body are nil.

....and another person who responds to an opinion about a celebrity with personal abuse.

Interesting. Still, nevermind, that's why the forum comes with a 'Report Post' feature I guess :smile:
  • traumacode3
    traumacode3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I really don't care what this douche said in his video. I turned if off when he got to the gay bar part...I had heard enough. I have also seen Jillian in person and found her very motivating with a wealth of knowledge. Granted I do not take her supplements but I would pay money again to sit 3 rows from a stage that she is speaking on or even to work out with her. Like someone said...why did it take so long for the *kitten* to come out and why does he have so few views of his trash if it was posted in 2011?
  • Tanana66
    Tanana66 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have seen the video ages ago and thought dude is creepy. He sounds like he should be institutionalised.

That did not stop me getting Jillian's DVDs - they are the best and they do what they claim - no nonsense hard workout and great results.

Her personal life is her own, nosy people mind your own business.

As for her body - she looks fab!
  • traumacode3
    traumacode3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Haters are gonna hate! I saw Jillian Michaels Maximaze Your Life show and she was great. She didnt act as if anything she was telling people was revolutionary. In fact she made a point to say that the secret to weight loss was no secret at all: eat less crap and move more. Like I said hater are gonna hate, sounds like someone is just jelly!!

I cant speak for her "supplements", I really dont believe in many supplements there is not quick fix.

I saw her show also and would go and pay good money to see her again. I think she is genuine...
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Just saw this and want to watch the video. I love Jillian Michaels. I do not think this video will change my opinion of her.