From a size 20 to a size 8 with strength training, in one year! PICS!

Options

Replies

• Mkneedtogetfit
    Mkneedtogetfit Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. My work out is similar to yours. Can you share your food plan as well just as an example? Thank you x
  • fabulous1690
    fabulous1690 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Firstly I have to say you look stunning!! Well done!!

Second a question. Do you have any loose skin or was it the strength-training that helped to avoid/reduce it? I'm just starting my journey and trying to gather sound advice to get it right at the start.
  • GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. My work out is similar to yours. Can you share your food plan as well just as an example? Thank you x

Hi Mkneedtogetfit, feel free to private message me in regards to my food plan, I'd love to share more with you. Cheers!

Gen

@fabulous1690, Thank you! I would absolutely reccomend strength trainging to help with loose skin. I do have some on my lower belly and my inner thighs but the lifting helped immensely with it. You're welcome to message me anytime if you have any other concerns!! Best of luck to you.

Gen
  • Kerriann1083
    Kerriann1083 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    So awesome!!
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    I bet men treat you different now

Some people treat me better, some don't. Some people end up not being in my life anymore. I've had quite a few who women who have privately expressed to me their struggle with jealousy towards me and the change in their feelings once getting to know me better.

It's funny what losing a lot of weight does in your life and to the people around you.. No matter what others say or how they treat us though (because there are highs and lows), we must remain true to ourselves. The one's who are meant to be in our lives will find their way there and the ones who aren't will make their own way out usually.

I just try to do good by everyone I meet.. It's up to them if they want to stick around or not. Just some thoughts as I was looking back over this thread, thinking about my journey.

All the best to you Richard!
  • mommasolomon
    mommasolomon Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Wow!!! Im just starting out and also from home. Im trying to focus on strength training through winter since im a stay at home mom so this is great to see!!
  • DrewJ74
    DrewJ74 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Really impressed, congratulations.
  • Healthy67Chick
    Healthy67Chick Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Ekoth1017
    Ekoth1017 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic GenElizabeth! Congratulations on becoming a homeowner. :)
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    Ekoth1017 wrote: »
    You look fantastic GenElizabeth! Congratulations on becoming a homeowner. :)

Thank you so much Ekoth! We are so excited for all that's to come for 2018!!! Take care and God bless.

• georgiamarsh17
    georgiamarsh17 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! :)
  • supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Great job! Inspiring!
  • debbiesteinman
    debbiesteinman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You look MARVELOUS!!!! You deserve it as you put in the work and kept disciplined!! Nice Job!! You added many happy years to your life!! Congratulations!
  • becky4m
    becky4m Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!
  • dporter1183
    dporter1183 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Wow wow wow. I know the original post is two years old but your stats and goals are similar to mine and I’m so glad I saw this.

I just started at this boxing gym close to my house and FINALLY have people to work out with and keep me motivated.

I hope in a year I can share a similar success to yours!
  • julia_gajda
    julia_gajda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    SweetAzn wrote: »
    You look amazing! May I ask what a typical strength training workout looks like?

That's a hard one to answer because my workouts change daily!!! I tend to do upper and lower in one workout (just prefer it like that for me) with 4-5 exercises for each.

Here are some example exercises I would do, for about 30-45 mins:

Squats 3x10 at typically 30lbs (using either barbell, dumbbells, kettlebell, etc)

Walking lunges 3x10 with 15lb dumbbells each side

Hip thrusts off bench 3x10 at 25lbs

Step ups with milk crate 3x10 at 32lbs

Clean and press 3x10 at 32lbs

Overhead press 3x10 at 30lbs

Bicep curls 3x10 at 15lbs each side

Tricep kick backs 3x10 at 10lbs each side

As you can see, I don't lift too terribly heavy when I lift at home but it's heavy enough for me and as long as I'm seeing strength improvements, I'm happy and will keep doing it. I enjoy it so much!
    SweetAzn wrote: »
    You look amazing! May I ask what a typical strength training workout looks like?

Woooow i easily lift the same weights, just started thou... but it is amazing how you have toned, i hope the same will come to me.
    Im a little confused about nutrition and the right and wrong food... have you followed a programm or set up a diet plan by yourself?
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    You look incredible! :)

Thank you!! I feel incredible!!!
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    Great job! Inspiring!

Thank you, I appreciate your support!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!