What's your secret!!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    Here are some of the things that are working for me.

1. I set a reasonable calorie goal. With less than 50 pounds to lose I set my weekly weight loss goal for one pound a week to avoid the 1200 trap.

2. Purchased a digital food scale.

3. Read the sticky notes on the forums and learned how to use MFP and accurately log.

4. I'm keeping things simple. No strict food plans, no making things more complicated than they need to be.

5. Nothing is off limits. Instead I limit the frequency and portion sizes. Knowing that I can have whatever I want when I want makes it a lot less tempting for me to binge on it.

6. I took personal responsibility for what brought me here. I could blame it on being in a tough situation, but once I realized that I didn't handle things in a healthy manner and found solutions for handling it better in the future I feel more in control.

7. I experimented with exercise until I found a routine that I enjoy. I no longer exercise just to hit a calorie burn goal and it doesn't feel like a burdensome chore anymore.

*slow clap*

IMO, this is wonderful advice, OP.... if you're still following along ;)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I shouldn't be surprised about how these discussions go, but somehow I always am.

giphy.gif

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.
    2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.
This discussion has been closed.