SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    fatcity66 wrote: »
    ashNoak wrote: »
    aidendart wrote: »
    I do a cleanse every year to help re-Kickstart. Usually vegetable juice or master cleanse. Works for me

Thanks :) I'll look into this! I've never done a cleanse so it's all new to me!

Cleanses do nothing. Honestly, you are paying attention to all the wrong posts in this thread.

yup....
  • LaurieJ68
    LaurieJ68 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have been told when I have hit a plateau to do something to "trick" your body into burning more calories. Like have a day when you eat more than your allowed calories and then a day when you eat less and see how that works. Your body gets used to the same amount of calories. Also if you are doing some exercise, switch it up. Like if you walk all the time, ride a bike if you can or do some low impact aerobics. Our bodies have a good memory so switching up on it sometimes can sometimes kickstart it back into losing weight. Good luck!

PS Thank you for telling some of these smart butts off. I don't know why they come in and post such negative things either. Most of the time I avoid even posting because you get so many negative responses that make you feel horrible. Good for you! :wink:
  • MrsMKB
    MrsMKB Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    LaurieJ68 wrote: »
    I have been told when I have hit a plateau to do something to "trick" your body into burning more calories. Like have a day when you eat more than your allowed calories and then a day when you eat less and see how that works. Your body gets used to the same amount of calories. Also if you are doing some exercise, switch it up. Like if you walk all the time, ride a bike if you can or do some low impact aerobics. Our bodies have a good memory so switching up on it sometimes can sometimes kickstart it back into losing weight. Good luck!

PS Thank you for telling some of these smart butts off. I don't know why they come in and post such negative things either. Most of the time I avoid even posting because you get so many negative responses that make you feel horrible. Good for you! :wink:

Thanks Laurie! ... Yeah seriously, if they're so smart and have it all figured out, why are they still on MFP!? ... Oh riiiight, to troll the forums! All I can do is laugh :)
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

You've been told incorrectly.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    The Haribo Sugar Free Gummy Bear Cleanse is awesome!

Hahahah

Seriously! You can lose up to a lb an hour!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Thanks Laurie! ... Yeah seriously, if they're so smart and have it all figured out, why are they still on MFP!? ... Oh riiiight, to troll the forums! All I can do is laugh :)

Some of the people you are trash-talking have had fantastic results and are trying to share their expertise with you after you specifically asked for help meeting your goals.

You are acting childishly because you aren't having your opinion validated.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    aidendart wrote: »
    I do a cleanse every year to help re-Kickstart. Usually vegetable juice or master cleanse. Works for me

Thanks :) I'll look into this! I've never done a cleanse so it's all new to me!

Make sure you really look into it. Cleanses are pure nonsense.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Because when I was trying to lose weight, there were a ton of people here who had done it before me to steer me in the right direction.

Now that I've achieved my goals, I'm trying to pay it forward.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    you didn't plateau. your weight loss slowed down to normal.
    Since March it's been less than half a pound a week... Definitely can do much better than that!

it's still not a plateau. a weight loss plateau is when your weight loss is stagnant. you are losing weight!!!

i understand you want to lose at the pace you were the first few months, but you can't. the initial weight loss was a combination of water weight and a general shock to your system. it's completely normal, but it does taper off.

On this note, one way you can get "some" of the accelerated weight loss going again is to completely change up your fitness routine. ie, you're walking today? Swap it out for cycling. Running? Start swimming.

But, again, as your diary is closed, it's all crystal ball at this point. AFAIK, you're not exercising at all, and only changed your diet. Or, you're eating 10 bags of low-calorie popcorn per day. Who knows?

For most people, when you change your exercise routine you tend to stall your weight loss due to water retention. Just FYI...

True, for a day or two...
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

seriously?? because we have learned that there is no giving up. that there is no magic pill or secret trick.

you track your calories and exercise and it takes time.

but it seems to me that you want the quick results and the magic potions. you can tell that even part of you knows that they're not really going to work, because you get mad at those people telling you the truth.

good luck in the future. hope you figure things out.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    So you don't like hearing that you haven't reached a plateau but are thanking those that offer ridiculous concepts like a cleanse to "re-kickstart" and "do something to 'trick' your body" ... ok. When you want support doing things that make sense and will work, people are there for that. Until then, you're going to repeatedly hear things you don't want to.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Drink a gallon of aloe Vera juice... Heard it does wonders *whistle*
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    you didn't plateau. your weight loss slowed down to normal.
    Since March it's been less than half a pound a week... Definitely can do much better than that!

For what it's worth, I also "stalled" a bit at about the same weight (I am also 5-6, started at 193 at the end of January, 2014). By the time I got to 162 or thereabouts (July), my weight loss was creeping, not leaping - like less than a half pound a week average. I increased my walking activities a bit so that they were more frequent as well as longer, and continued to track (eating around 1500 net calories). I added in strength training. The slow (half pound a week) downward trend continued (except for the winter holiday spike which took me 4 weeks to recover from). I also use fitbit to track exercise, and was noticing that by mid-March, with a weight range of 147-149, my 30-day CI-CO data showed me at about a daily deficit of 125. I just didn't have the will to "diet" any longer, and I decided to eat more or less at maintenance for a while at least, which for me is around 1700 net calories. Since then, my weight range has been 146-148, and I have lost an additional centimeter or three around hips and waist. I noticed my size 8 505's were a bit baggy around the butt and last week bought a pair of size 6 that fit perfectly. All of this is offered as a way of encouraging you to accept a slower weight loss rate as long as it is moving in the right direction.
  • SezxyStef
    Options

It's funny the only people you are agreeing with or thanking are the ones giving you bad info.

I personally have lost 60lbs, started weight training (did it for 2 years now), bike, swim and now started running and never hit a plateau...ever. Why because I log consistently and accurately and I listened to those who gave me good advice even when I didn't want to hear it...

So the thing about tricking your body is false
    Plateau's are eating at maintenance
    logging accurately and consistently are the key

Logging food to watch my macros...lose that weight I allowed myself to gain in Jamaica, pay it forward...but I am done with this one...you don't deserve any of our help.

*smh*

insert expletive here

• maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Whenever my weight loss stalls it's a clue I have been eating too much and need to reduce my caloric intake.
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Accelerate your workouts (increase your AVG BPM overall, or lengthen the time you work out). Since you have a back injury, maybe you can look into aquatics. Swimming allows you to max out your hr, and it is Zero impact, so your back will love you for it.

You could also increase your fat intake, so you stay satiated longer throughout the day, and you will have less of a need to eat back exercise calories.

Those are my recommendations.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Options

Maybe it's because they ensure they maintain their weight, or they are working on a bulk, or learning more to address their new goals. Most people want to progressively get better, not just in weight, but in athletic ability or knowledge. That is why many of us have been here for years. I know I am here so I can get to a point where I have a six pack and then I plan on maintaining for a few months (with lax logging practices) and then I will bulk (which will require strict logging practices). So I don't know about you, but I plan on continuously improving my body.

Having said that, maybe you prefer to start with basics, like opening your food diary and providing us detail on your workout routine (I don't recall seeing it).

ps - i know you said you have a back injury, so obviously exercise would have to help that, not hurt it. But with kids, you tend to be more active. But looking at your food diary will help us address those issues.