At what point do you stop getting chub rub? (chaffing between thighs etc)

Options
124»

Replies

• agreenid
    agreenid Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Try silky underwear dusting powder from Lush if you can get it. Rub it on and it gets rid of the chub rub if you're wearing a skirt or shorts for summer!!
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Is that just like a nice smelling talc or does it really work? I only ask as talc does nothing to help me
  • harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    When I was smaller and around a size 6 I still got it... I think it has as much to do with your pelvis shape and walking mechanics as size.

Now I use some sport rub meant for runners to prevent it. Deodorant also works in a pinch.
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    You can also get slips that are shorts instead of skirts. I like them because they are lightweight and less prone to static cling. I get sweaty in bike shorts. When I found out chub rub was a thing and not just my problem I felt so much better wearing something under skirts and dresses. I don't know if it will go away as I lose weight
  • minkky
    minkky Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I stopped getting chub rub ( great term btw) when I discovered Monistat makes a great anti chaffing cream. Also, my pants have to fit in a way that the fabric doesn't rub.
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    A couple years back I went to DisneyWorld with a friend. I normally wear jeans, but I decided to wear a skirt for some reason. WHAT A MISTAKE. So much chafing. So very much ow. I had to keep darting into bathrooms and using the hand soap as moisturizer.