Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Do you jog? Run? Why?

1235»

Replies

• Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    I hate hate hate hate hate to run my parents made me join track when I was in 6th grade i hated it. I love to walk on the tredmill (watch a movie or read a book while I do it) or outside on nice days just listoning and watching nature.
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    tomatoey wrote: »
    Nope, I don't run, because I acquired tendinosis (chronic, incurable) and neuropathy. from my attempt. I did like it while it lasted, but the net result is that I can't ever do it again (or play baseball, or any sport that involves running or jumping).

Sorry to hear this.
  • pcrucifer
    pcrucifer Posts: 71 Member
    I started running because everyone at the 5K my wife ran in was enjoying themselves. I kept running because 5K shirts made me feel healthy. Then I watched my older relatives fall apart from lack of exercise, and I started running more. Then I got sick and could not run and I realized I missed it. I got stressed by things that did not faze me when running. Now run because I can, because I enjoy it.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    I do trail runs a couple of times a week. I am very slow but I do it because I enjoy it. I like having time to myself and it's very peaceful and pretty in the woods. Also I have a form of inflammatory arthritis in my hip and SI joint and keeping those joints moving can really reduce my pain levels. I do notice that running on asphalt seems to worsen things so I stick to the woods and I'm hoping to get a treadmill soon so I can run in the mornings before work a little. I started running using the Zombies Run app after I had brain surgery just to see if I could do it (prior to surgery I was at the point that I was unable to exercise at all). 2 years later I'm still slow and take a few more walking breaks than I would like but I have fun. No pressure. I don't intend to run a race or anything of that sort. My goal is basically to enjoy myself and keep my joints moving!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I run a bit. It started because it was something I didn't think I could do.
  • MacMomma2013
    MacMomma2013 Posts: 128 Member
    I started running to lose weight. In the last year and a half, I have come to value the time alone. More recently, I have started running races and am now addicted to try to beat my personal best every time.
  • JeraldTX
    JeraldTX Posts: 42 Member
    I run to show my body how weak it is and to show my mind how strong it is.

I'm out of breath, legs feeling like lead but if I just make it to the next Street Lamp... but that Stop Sign is just a little bit further... I'm at the Stop Sign, look another Street Lamp... I can make it to the next corner... I can....
  • JeraldTX
    JeraldTX Posts: 42 Member
    Oh, I almost forgot No one isn't ready for C25k.... Remember the "C" stands for Couch. I did just that. Just over a year ago I got up from my couch, started C25k and 14 weeks later ran a 5k.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Add me to the runners. I run around 5 days a week anything from 3 - 10 miles. I run because I like it for fitness. I started close to 2 years ago not being able to run to the bottom of my driveway to running a half marathon a few weeks ago. If you are walking that much and want to run start with C25K I would say you are so ready. Oh yeah I like to eat too, so burning 300 - 900 calories running makes me happy. One other thing I'm between a 10 - 11 minute mile person I'm not burning up any speed records.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    glevinso wrote: »
    I never jog. There is only run.

jogger-v-runner.jpg

love it!!!!

• mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited May 2015
    alibeec75 wrote: »
    I run because it is the easiest thing to fit into my routine.

The minute I step out the front door I am right into my workout. I love that, no time wasted. It doesn't cost you anything either, so that also fits my budget.

Time and Money :)

^^ this too!

Besides, I can't take my dog to the gym.

Being able to do it anywhere removes a potential excuse and that I can tell you was very important to me personally at the start.

We don't always run from home or office; for a treat I dress in my gear and take the dog with me to do errands and we find a reason or excuse to drive near a beautiful forest and run trails and hills, my favourite place to run. Doggy likes it too.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    x45zbx1oa9d2.jpg

Love this. I really need this t-shirt.
    This:

v0gmygwz5a0l.jpg

Yes, this too.
    I got it off Amazon, where everything wonderful comes from :)