How to cook for 4 people when I am the only one that wants to be healthy.

Options
1235»

Replies

• emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    Sugarbeat wrote: »
    emdeesea wrote: »
    Here's how I handle that: Either eat what I make or cook for yourself. I'm not anyone's mommy and certainly not anyone's domestic servant - ESPECIALLY to someone I'm not married to.

Agree with this.

oh so that changes with a ring...interesting.

Chances are with attitudes like that no ring will be forth coming...

coming from someone's Mom and a wife...

Honey, for your information, not that it matters to me, but I'm married and have been for more than 10 years. We BOTH work 40+ hours per week, and we BOTH do our OWN cooking. Why? Because we're adults, and I'm on a diet and he's diabetic. So things that I CAN eat he can't, and things he wants, I don't.

As far as your asinine comment about a ring being forthcoming, one thing I've learned is that you can't buy someone's love by doing things for them. If a guy has someone who's doing his chores, doing his cooking, doing his laundry, what's his motivation for marrying her?

She can do what she wants and that's fine if it works for them. In her situation, she's not working so it's sort of fair for her to do the cooking (for the entire household, no less) if she's okay with that. And as others have said, she can eat what she cooks, she just needs to measure it out on a scale. It's no different than anything else.

So if domestic servitude is your thing, good for you. Wear that badge proudly. It sure as hell isn't for everyone.

• knsreed
    knsreed Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I adjust my calorie intake for breakfast (150-200) and lunch (300-400). This leaves 600-750 for dinner. Small portions of steak, potatoes, and veggies will fit 600-750 calories! I prefer to eat the same as my family. I feel it's almost as important as sharing dinner as a family at our table.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Do you guys think my problem could be "semi-solved" by going vegan? What I mean is, do you think it'd just make things easier for me?

Why would that be any easier than just eating what they are eating, but in smaller portions?
  • clockworkgeisha
    clockworkgeisha Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    Sugarbeat wrote: »
    Here's how I handle that: Either eat what I make or cook for yourself. I'm not anyone's mommy and certainly not anyone's domestic servant - ESPECIALLY to someone I'm not married to.

Agree with this.

oh so that changes with a ring...interesting.

Chances are with attitudes like that no ring will be forth coming...

coming from someone's Mom and a wife...

Honey, for your information, not that it matters to me, but I'm married and have been for more than 10 years. We BOTH work 40+ hours per week, and we BOTH do our OWN cooking. Why? Because we're adults, and I'm on a diet and he's diabetic. So things that I CAN eat he can't, and things he wants, I don't.

As far as your asinine comment about a ring being forthcoming, one thing I've learned is that you can't buy someone's love by doing things for them. If a guy has someone who's doing his chores, doing his cooking, doing his laundry, what's his motivation for marrying her?

She can do what she wants and that's fine if it works for them. In her situation, she's not working so it's sort of fair for her to do the cooking (for the entire household, no less) if she's okay with that. And as others have said, she can eat what she cooks, she just needs to measure it out on a scale. It's no different than anything else.

So if domestic servitude is your thing, good for you. Wear that badge proudly. It sure as hell isn't for everyone.

...because he loves her, hopefully.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    eat smaller portions than them. problem solved. i eat what my husband eats. just a lot less.

and why are you cooking for all these people? if im cooking, you eat what i cook or go make your own and dont forget to clean up after yourself.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options

...because he loves her, hopefully.

Key word there is "hopefully."