Weight Loss Tip: Focus on your Macro Percentages

Options
12346»

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    When you look up Macros you get a lot of body building bro science that is very true! I think the avg pop shouldn't ignore macros either

You are all over the place with absolutes in this thread and that's one of the biggest reasons you are getting so much resistance. And then your debate the logic and facts you're being presented with links that just are a bunch of bro science. You said you've studied this whole thing but you continue to use links that are just false.

Moral of the story is a personal trainer does not really qualify to give advice on nutrition. OP did say that she refers clients to a nutritionist.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    this thread is a perfect example of why there is so much bro science out there ….people listen to people like the op because she is a "personal trainer" and think all this nonsense about eating x amount of carbs or you will go into starvation mode is gospel …

sigh ...
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    cosmo_momo wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    When you look up Macros you get a lot of body building bro science that is very true! I think the avg pop shouldn't ignore macros either

You are all over the place with absolutes in this thread and that's one of the biggest reasons you are getting so much resistance. And then your debate the logic and facts you're being presented with links that just are a bunch of bro science. You said you've studied this whole thing but you continue to use links that are just false.

Not that I need to be replying to this thread again, but why the hell not.

^this man is thinking the exact same thing as me. Every single reply that OP has made is just an attempt at covering her *kitten* and she's not very good at it.

You say that carbs have to be "THIS!!!!" for optimal bodily function performance, but then also "WHATEVER WORKS FOR YOU!!!" and "EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT!!!" and "BUT BALANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and "THAT DOESN'T WORK BUT ACTUALLY IT DOES SOMETIMES BUT MAYBE NOT FOR DIFFERENT PEOPLE PROBABLY!!!"

you're use of the exclamation mark makes your replies nauseating to read.

Thank you for the most hilariously accurate post... And yes! All of this.

• ndj1979
    Options
    lfred12 wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    This may be a contentious point but I think personal trainers should focus on .. oh I dunno.. training and leave nutrition advice to those who know what they're talking about either through being a registered dietician or actual knowledge with scientific basis

starvation mode - derp

I say this as someone who is happy at around 50% carbs .. cos yum carbs

LOLs. I think this is a reminder that just because someone is certified in one completely separate field, doesn't make them experts in another.

To say it's a completely separate field I would have to disagree. Your client can workout all they want with you and be hindering every bit of those results through their nutrition. You NEED to be able to give them some guidelines to help them in their journey but you should not be prescribing supplements and drawing up diet plans for them that's work for a registered dietician. The two fields go hand in hand and complement each other. If you go to a registered dietician first they will most likely suggest combining their program with a workout program and although they will not and cannot prescribe an exact program they can suggest hey why not get moving more go for runs and hikes, get in the gym or better yet try some classes or get a personal trainer. I hope you see the point I was trying to make.

considering all your guidelines were based on bro science, that poster is correct.
  • W_Stewart
    W_Stewart Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    This thread is what happens when people read too many blogs and fitness magazine articles
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    wahoowad wrote: »
    This thread is what happens when people read too many blogs and fitness magazine articles

Yup the bro science work for me to lose 60 pounds already.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Do you mean the OP and her defense to her OP or the counter arguments to her OP?

Because one of the links I provided was a peer reviewed study
  • ndj1979
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

Do you mean the OP and her defense to her OP or the counter arguments to her OP?

Because one of the links I provided was a peer reviewed study

Yes, I would like clarification too...