Coffee While Dieting - Yes, or No???

Options
1235»

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I drink anywhere from 2-3 cups a day (sometimes 4-6 eek!) I also use sugar-free creamer (Coffeemate Vanilla) but I use very little creamer per cup and I measure it and log it all.

Keep drinking your coffee if you enjoy it.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    infograph time! XD

why_coffee_good.png
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I use and love the aeropress. I usually have a double espresso every morning, but I add water to make it americano and have a fair bit of whole milk. Then, to really jazz it up, I add cinnamon, cumin, and turmeric!!

It's just soooooo wonderful to start the morning that way :)
  • Marlymama
    Marlymama Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Keep drinking the coffee, I tried to quit and it was not pretty! I did however stop using creamer and use unsweetened almond milk or non fat dairy milk and stevia and I enjoy it just as much. The creamer added calories and other stuff I really didn't want anymore so the switch has been great for me!
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Mmmm....coffee....
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a TON of coffee with a TON of creamer. I have cut myself down to 1 cup/day and I still use the full fat/full sugar creamer, but I measure out 1 Tbsp. It's working for me :smiley:
  • Hastalabeastababy
    Hastalabeastababy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I say keep the coffee, but try to go black. I went cold turkey black about a year and a half ago and love it now. I didn't want the calories from my creamer taking up something else I could have had! lol
  • surfteam1689
    surfteam1689 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    jaqcan wrote: »
    I like my coffee creamy and not incredibly hot. So a tbsp or 2 of anything doesn't cut it for me. I use 1/4-1/2 cup (depending on the size of my mug) of unsweetened Vanilla almond milk and splenda.

Try using a protein powder as a substitute. Makes it sweet and creamy.

That sounds awesome. Just ANY protein powder??? Which one do you use???
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    dubird wrote: »

Yes, I'm gonna drink coffee every few hours of the day for those 200 extra calories if I manage to get the effects for 24 hours. I don't need sleep.
  • surfteam1689
    Options
    dubird wrote: »

NICE!!! ;-)
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Coffee? yes, yes, a million times YES!!!!!!
  • surfteam1689
    edited May 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I do not even understand why this is a question .. because coffee

I had one question about dehydration, which is the primary reason my Ideal Protein coach told me to stay off coffee while I was in what is called Phase 1.
    213Tim above cited lots of articles, which make sense I think, if you are drinking 3 gallons of cheap coffee every day.
    Also, I just read an article about the Bullet Proof coffee guy where he says that most coffee has MOLD in it. He only uses this special *low* mold coffee been, which is why *his* coffee costs about $20 per bag. Or maybe that's just a marketing trick to make you pay MORE???
    But from what everyone seems to say, and the great tip about using a protein powder instead of my regular low-cal, low-carb creamer, I am definitely sticking to coffee. ;-)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Coffee when you diet. Coffee when you don't diet. Coffee all the time. It's all good. I started drinking it black because I need my cals for food, but every now and then I load it down with sugar and half & half and give up something else to make it fit.