They say I'm mean??

Options

Replies

• liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    There may be something to it, or not. I don't know you so can't tell.

I know I have certain days where I'm more likely to give you an earful than others. Those days, I'm not necessarily wrong (I generally don't go off without a reason), but likely I could have handled thing better while still being true to my feelings.

As far as your dietary changes influencing how people perceive you, that I can see happening. It's not an excuse, but when you no longer participate in social eating, you can be seen as less social. It's wrong, but it does happen.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    mzco14 wrote: »
    It's mainly people I work with. They want to pile up extra work on me and I wont do it. I've never been a push over. I now have more discipline- not to eat the bagels & pizza at the meetings. I guess change isn't easily accepted but I'm okay with that.

So its not a mean people thread just some people at work calling you mean? You or they are linking said meanness to your diet because you are not eating bagels or pizza in a way that suggest being mean?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    kpodaru wrote: »
    It's mainly people I work with. They want to pile up extra work on me and I wont do it. I've never been a push over. I now have more discipline- not to eat the bagels & pizza at the meetings. I guess change isn't easily accepted but I'm okay with that.

oh hell no. people at the office can be straight up lazy *kitten* about everything and will try and push their work on to others. you are not mean for saying no. i do that all the time and i'm a known "tough *kitten*" at work. this one time a coworker asked for my help on a presentation and as i was helping him, he says "ok, so can you have this to me in a couple of hours?" WTF. i gave him a look and said "yeah, nice try. this is your sh** not mine. and you're welcome!". he never pulled that on me again.

Perhaps not, but how did she say, "no?"
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

oh hell no. people at the office can be straight up lazy *kitten* about everything and will try and push their work on to others. you are not mean for saying no. i do that all the time and i'm a known "tough *kitten*" at work. this one time a coworker asked for my help on a presentation and as i was helping him, he says "ok, so can you have this to me in a couple of hours?" WTF. i gave him a look and said "yeah, nice try. this is your sh** not mine. and you're welcome!". he never pulled that on me again.

I bet you're just a peach to work with.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

I've worked with some complete jerks as well...
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I have a very low BS tolerance, and not enough smarts to lie, and when I've been called out at work it's been for being 'too direct' or 'too open'. Never mean.

But, this all depends on how did you say your piece and who are the people saying this? Are they whiny little *kitten* or people you should take seriously?
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Are you saying that now you've found more discipline in your eating style, so you're also standing up to yourself about the extra work?
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options

Now look, would YOU let some lazy butt dump all their work on you? I wouldn't! People will take advantage if you allow them to. It doesn't make someone a cranky old crab if they aren't a doormat!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »

Now look, would YOU let some lazy butt dump all their work on you? I wouldn't! People will take advantage if you allow them to. It doesn't make someone a cranky old crab if they aren't a doormat!

I wouldn't. I also wouldn't say "this is your *kitten*, not mine." There's ways to be assertive without being the first three letters of assertive..

ETA: MFP is killing me with these asterisks
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I would probably use the word "work" rather than the expletive but all the rest would stay the same! People who deliberately take advantage need to be slapped back into line imho! They know exactly what they are doing. Or trying to do.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person who thinks being given additional responsibilities at work is not always a bad thing?

Also am I the only person who fails to see the connection between turning down bagels or pizza, and turning down additional tasks at work and how either of those things makes you mean? If anything, it might just make you appear to be less of a team player. Did they try to bribe you with pizza to get you to do the extra work, and now that you aren't eating the pizza, you won't do the work? I'm really confused.

Still disappointed this isn't a typical mean people thread. What kind of a Friday is this!?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Well I started a new program about 10 days ago. Its really simple. I have 2 protein drinks a day, lean meat, fruit and veggies. Its low carb/ low cal everything. So far its been great and the weight is dropping. I also exercise daily and drink lots of water. So anyway since I started this program I 've had a few people say I'm mean. I really haven't noticed a difference in my behavior. I've always had a zero tolerance for BS. Am I suppose to let you mistreat me and I smile? Heck No. I just thought it was funny.

So no one called you mean before and you don't think your behavior has changed. It is possible that your tone when dealing with others has changed even though you don't think you are acting differently.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    This thread is so weird.
    And still no gifs
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    This thread is so weird.
    And still no gifs

Here ya go!

tumblr_lxtof2xAF21rnqm78o1_500.gif
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I've always had a zero tolerance for BS. Am I suppose to let you mistreat me and I smile? Heck No. I just thought it was funny.

Right??
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    2014officespace4.gif
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    OP is this you?

tumblr_loa3frfkyG1qmxv46o1_500.gif

office-space-printer-o.gif
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I'd be mean too if I was wasting my calories on shakes twice a day. How many calories are you eating? Just curious...

This may have been answered: Haven't read the whole thread.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    OMG Kruggeri I like you even more now. Best. Movie. Ever.
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options

So, you're "mean" because you don't let them walk all over you and let them influence you to do unwanted things? Tell them where they can stick their comments!