Did You KNow

Options
13»

Replies

• fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    Did you know that when you lose a pound of weight, 87% is exhaled as carbon dioxide? So if you want to lose weight quickly become a heavy breather!

That's neat. I just found a new weight loss technique.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Did you know that out from 10 people, 5 turns out to be the half?

I don't know if I buy that one. :o
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Did you know that one out of every 7 dwarves suffers from Narcolepsy.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    Did you know that even though it is the Women who "Traditionally cook for the Family, that Men Are much better cooks?
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Did you know that even though it is the Women who "Traditionally cook for the Family, that Men Are much better cooks?

Few of the men in my life can cook much more than a pizza. I find this difficult to believe.
  • marcelo_templario
    marcelo_templario Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Did you know that the guy who does Dragon Ball character Vegeta voice in Spanish is the same voice actor for MC Gyver?

And that in Spanish Bart Simpson voice is played by a voice actress?

Did you know that in Spanish: clogs (those wooden shoes from Holland origins) are called suecos which means Swedish.

Did you know that overweight woman enjoy sex the most.

Did you know that best "gifted" man are not black but native Americans, best lover´s probably are not French but Spaniards.

Texas alone is bigger than Central America.

English has more words than Spanish and way more than Portuguese.

• Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Did you know the state of Hawaii is home of some of the youngest land masses in the world. It's the infant age of inhabitable land.
  • Gabrielm80
    Options
    Did you know what really lost Mexico the war in Texas? Snow and inadequate boots. Santa Anna played cheap and didn't expect the fight to be that hard. So only equipped his unit top gear and equipped all other units with the bare essentials. Most of the gear was owned by the soldiers when they got drafted. That winter Texas had a Long unexpected snow storm and the Mexico army marched for months through it. When the soldiers attracted the Alamo they out numbered so greatly but lost many men since most men had frost biten feet. Canons were had to be left in San Antonio as they continued to Houston. The rest is history a depleted Mexican army lost to Mother Nature and Sam houston took the advantage and got all the credit.
  • suzreen
    suzreen Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Did you know I love this thread?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    Did you know that the Guy who invented the flushable toilets last name was Crapper?
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Did you know that the collective noun for jellyfish is a smack? A smack of jellyfish!
  • Gabrielm80
    Options
    Kissing someone new for 15 minutes allows any probiotic types each person has that the other person doesn't to be Traded. Why spend all that money on activia when you can just kiss other people
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Did you know that the Empress Eugenie, who married Napoleon III, was born on May 5, on the fifth anniversary of Napoleon I's death?
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    suzreen wrote: »
    Did you know I love this thread?

me too! I love reading these
  • B_Jaxn
    B_Jaxn Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Did you know that if my aunt had a penis she would be my uncle??
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    did you know that Canadian prime minister Stephen Harper wears strappy uncle sandals while he eats the hearts of babies
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Did you know the melody for the national anthem is based on an old English drinking song?
  • FitStrongHealthy
    FitStrongHealthy Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Did you know that antidisestablishmentarianism is the longest word in the dictionary? It is also the only word Donald Duck can say without spitting and crackling.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    That in the Middle Ages, almond milk was a common and reliable substitute for cow milk:
    http://www.godecookery.com/goderec/grec31.htm

I have a few books on medieval cooking and almost all of them call specifically for almond milk.