PIC HEAVY! Happy 25th Birthday to me! 30lbs down

Options
samanthachen
samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
Tomorrow morning is my birthday. I wasn't going to post in a success thread until my goal, but it's my FREAKING birthday, and I have lost more than the years I have been alive, so I am going to share it :)

I have been at this since February 8th of this year. I love this site. My bad days would be spent looking through other people's successes, and that would be the spark I needed to put a smile on, turn on my Zumba game, go for a walk, or continue to log. To be honest, it hasn't been that tough for me. I really love coming here and logging, but some days were easier than others. My favorite forum is this one though. I am hoping that I can put a smile on one person's face who might be having a tough day. Repay MFP for all the wonderful encouragement and support I received looking through here.

I posted these in a blog, but I realized that I should share to the MFP world, in the hopes that it cheers up, even just, one person.

Here is where I started.

Sept2012_zpsf6be0041.jpg

This was my anniversary camping trip with my hubby. This weight, I can't... ugh...Rock bottom... I was there, and I was done.

I started doing Zumba EVERY DAY for 90 days, but about a month into it, I wasn't satisfied with the changes, and I signed up for MFP. 204 (on the old scale), so I did the math with the difference on the new scale, and my starting weight was 209. Sheesh! Edited to say I'm 5'4''.

Then about a month or so ago, I took this in the same clothes that made me cry.

Greysweater_zps18a5ad8c.jpg
This one made me happy. That sweater was looser, and my legs were thinner, and my gosh! Look at that smile.

Now... drumroll, for now. I haven't recorded the official weigh in since that is Friday, but I am unofficially down 30lbs!!!

48eb0f2b-04d4-43d7-bd94-c1076d5f60cf_zps3550a39e.jpg
Here I am! 3 days ago with my family at dinner. Yes. I am wearing a tiara out to my birthday dinner :). I cried a little when I saw this; I didn't have to find an angle that didn't make me look fat. I just smiled and had a wonderful picture taken. Wow! Priceless...
97e454d1-077a-41ba-809b-da4b49b54e2e_zpsfe864f61.jpg
I have a 2yearold son, and that tummy bulge is getting better, but it is still here. I never know what to do with my arms in side-selfies... sorry.
e8d611a5-f164-4153-8562-db114e600288_zps2535e4b8.jpg
Last one, I promise. I am posing in spandex AND a ruffle shirt. Terrified of sharing this with the internet, I am hoping this encourages others to keep going and smile. You can do this! I am almost to my 1/2-way point, but I have a lot of work ahead. This is a long enough post, but just read my bio to see my challenges. No one's life is going to make this journey simple and easy. It is a challenge. It has to be, but I promise you, each and every accomplishment makes it absolutely worth it!!

Thank you for making it through this long post! Thank you, MFP.

Edited for the request of more pictures :)

IMG_1899_zps079354d4.jpg
Derpy face with my tiara
IMG_1864_zpsc79f73ba.jpg
Me in my favorite size 12s from high school. Admittedly, I wasn't going for the ab-show; I thought my husband was taking the picture lower, so I wanted to show the top of the pants, but he took my whole torso. I figure it is also good for comparison. :)

Replies

• schromi
    schromi Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    congrats you look awesome.
    schromi
  • samanthachen
    Options
    My pictures worked in my blog. I am trying to figure out what is going on with photobucket. Hopefully, I can get these up and running. Sorry
  • coco3382458
    coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    congrats and happy birthday!! Although I can not see your before pictures you look great now :)
  • robynmac91
    robynmac91 Posts: 12
    Options
    You look wonderful! Happy birthday! :)
  • samanthachen
    Options
    Thank you, ladies! I will try to get those to show.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're gorgeous. Happy Birthday.
  • rbeckner711
    rbeckner711 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Happy Birthday and congratulations :flowerforyou:
  • samanthachen
    Options
    Got them up, but I don't know much about getting them to be centered. haha :smile:
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! And you're right, not a single bad angle. Congratulation! :flowerforyou: More pics! Haha.
  • rayzerwolf
    rayzerwolf Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    that ruffle shirt with the spandex looks amazing on you :)
  • samanthachen
    Options
    I can add more pics if you would like! haha I was worried it would be too many. I have more of me trying on birthday presents :)
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    you gots some nice toofins.... srs....

amazing progress.. you should be proud..

but, zomg look at dem toofins...
  • sgovind28
    sgovind28 Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow girl you look so amazing!!! Beautiful new you!
    Happy birthday!! Enjoy, you deserve it
  • pabu13
    pabu13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday , !!! YOu look fab o) well done !!!
  • samanthachen
    Options
    you gots some nice toofins.... srs....

amazing progress.. you should be proud..

but, zomg look at dem toofins...

HAHA Such a gentlemen-ly way to call me horseface! haha I know, I know. I have a mouth FULL of teeth, but I work it :drinker:
  • samanthachen
    Options
    that ruffle shirt with the spandex looks amazing on you :)
    Thank you :)
    I wish I could get it centered because the whole picture shows how much my legs have changed. I originally took these for my mom to show her how these new clothes fit, but decided to use them in my comparison blog. It was terrifying posting something so vulnerable though, so thank you for the compliment ::flowerforyou:
  • gnat45
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • samanthachen
    Options
    How tall are you?

5'4'', SW 209, unofficially 179. Polish heritage so VERY VERY pear-shaped if that helps too :)
  • gnat45
    Options
    You look a lot smaller than 179. If I knew you were 5'4", I would have guessed you weigh 145 or so.
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I can add more pics if you would like! haha I was worried it would be too many. I have more of me trying on birthday presents :)

The way birthdays work is that you get to make the day all about you! And there's no such thing as too many pics of our hard work. So, bring it on! You will inspire the lot of us. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!