PIC HEAVY! Happy 25th Birthday to me! 30lbs down

Options

Replies

• PrettyLilPixie
    Options
    Happy birthday! You look amazing girl! Keep up the good work :)
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! I cannot quote and comment on everyone's comments, but I have to say that I read through them all, and THANK YOU! Sincerely :)

It's a perfect birthday present to me to put smiles on all your faces and hear that I encouraged and inspired you!

Keep up the amazing work, and I hope to be reading your success stories (although I can see on your tickers that you are all doing so well).:flowerforyou:
  • nicoledfinn
    nicoledfinn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow morning is my birthday. I wasn't going to post in a success thread until my goal, but it's my FREAKING birthday, and I have lost more than the years I have been alive, so I am going to share it :)

I have been at this since February 8th of this year. I love this site. My bad days would be spent looking through other people's successes, and that would be the spark I needed to put a smile on, turn on my Zumba game, go for a walk, or continue to log. To be honest, it hasn't been that tough for me. I really love coming here and logging, but some days were easier than others. My favorite forum is this one though. I am hoping that I can put a smile on one person's face who might be having a tough day. Repay MFP for all the wonderful encouragement and support I received looking through here.

I posted these in a blog, but I realized that I should share to the MFP world, in the hopes that it cheers up, even just, one person.

Here is where I started.

Sept2012_zpsf6be0041.jpg

This was my anniversary camping trip with my hubby. This weight, I can't... ugh...Rock bottom... I was there, and I was done.

I started doing Zumba EVERY DAY for 90 days, but about a month into it, I wasn't satisfied with the changes, and I signed up for MFP. 204 (on the old scale), so I did the math with the difference on the new scale, and my starting weight was 209. Sheesh! Edited to say I'm 5'4''.

Then about a month or so ago, I took this in the same clothes that made me cry.

Greysweater_zps18a5ad8c.jpg
    This one made me happy. That sweater was looser, and my legs were thinner, and my gosh! Look at that smile.

Now... drumroll, for now. I haven't recorded the official weigh in since that is Friday, but I am unofficially down 30lbs!!!

48eb0f2b-04d4-43d7-bd94-c1076d5f60cf_zps3550a39e.jpg
    Here I am! 3 days ago with my family at dinner. Yes. I am wearing a tiara out to my birthday dinner :). I cried a little when I saw this; I didn't have to find an angle that didn't make me look fat. I just smiled and had a wonderful picture taken. Wow! Priceless...
    97e454d1-077a-41ba-809b-da4b49b54e2e_zpsfe864f61.jpg
    I have a 2yearold son, and that tummy bulge is getting better, but it is still here. I never know what to do with my arms in side-selfies... sorry.
    e8d611a5-f164-4153-8562-db114e600288_zps2535e4b8.jpg
    Last one, I promise. I am posing in spandex AND a ruffle shirt. Terrified of sharing this with the internet, I am hoping this encourages others to keep going and smile. You can do this! I am almost to my 1/2-way point, but I have a lot of work ahead. This is a long enough post, but just read my bio to see my challenges. No one's life is going to make this journey simple and easy. It is a challenge. It has to be, but I promise you, each and every accomplishment makes it absolutely worth it!!

Thank you for making it through this long post! Thank you, MFP.

Edited for the request of more pictures :)

IMG_1899_zps079354d4.jpg
    Derpy face with my tiara
    IMG_1864_zpsc79f73ba.jpg
    Me in my favorite size 12s from high school. Admittedly, I wasn't going for the ab-show; I thought my husband was taking the picture lower, so I wanted to show the top of the pants, but he took my whole torso. I figure it is also good for comparison. :)

well done :-) and thanks so much for posting this, you have inspired me back into focusing on the end result, had a few bad days, but feeling more positive again! You look awesome, your efforts paid off! Happy Birthday x
  • traumaticthrash
    Options
    congratulations. this is what hard work does, happy for you!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Your smile is wonderful and who doesn't love a girl in a tiara? I think I just might have to get myself one! You look wonderful! Congrats on all of your hard work!!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Wow! Happy Birthday! I so hope I can post one of these for my birthday in Aug :) Great job... keep it up!
  • Kimberrh6
    Kimberrh6 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congrats!
  • kstephenson40
    kstephenson40 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Happy birthday!
  • schuagah
    schuagah Posts: 15
    Options
    Happy Birthday!! You look fantastic, keep it up! :)
  • crimsongypsy
    crimsongypsy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I needed to see this today. Thank you. You are doing so great, keep it up. The tiara definitely suits you :)
  • amazingabby5
    Options
    GREAT GREAT JOB!!! I started in March and we are the exact height and the same weight when we started. I too am down 30# (well, almost, 29.4!) Keep up the good work..you look great and doesn't it feel AMAZING to fit into cute old jeans? :)
  • teddy1234567
    teddy1234567 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You look a lot smaller than 179. If I knew you were 5'4", I would have guessed you weigh 145 or so.

I know thats what i was thinking! You look alot smaller than 179. Well done you should be very proud of yourself ;)
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Amazing results!! Thats awesome!
  • hez76
    hez76 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!! Happy Birthday and may the next year be the healthiest and happiest yet:) and keep rockin that smile...it's beautiful and genuine!
  • rhondaec
    rhondaec Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for posting and Happy Birthday!!! I love seeing success pics! And You are an inspiration!!! I needed this also!!!
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I keep checking in and seeing these wonderful well-wishes and kind words from everyone. Thank you so much!!!:heart:
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    ????Happy Birthday????Well-done & WTG❗
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Happy Bday, and you have a TERRIFIC smile!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! What an awesome gift you've given yourself. :heart:
  • brfried
    brfried Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! :flowerforyou: You are so pretty!! I too thought you weighed less.
    Congrats on the beautiful results of your hard work and determination.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!