Is it really just only about sticking to a calorie deficit?

Options

Replies

• SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    How do you guys check your micros? That weekly report? Is there a daily one wich shows a goal and quantity so far, like the macros have?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    How do you guys check your micros? That weekly report? Is there a daily one wich shows a goal and quantity so far, like the macros have?

It's on the phone app, under "nutrition" and then there's a little icon next to the pie chart that shows you the break down of everything in grams.
  • SophiaSerrao
    Options
    Hmm, I use this on a chrome browser on a tablet. I haven't downloaded the app. I'm pretty sure I checked thoroughly (even did a quick search before asking), but I'll give it another look. Thanks ")
  • arditarose
    Options
    Hmm, I use this on a chrome browser on a tablet. I haven't downloaded the app. I'm pretty sure I checked thoroughly (even did a quick search before asking), but I'll give it another look. Thanks ")

I know. I haven't found it on the website either. I'm going to look again now.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Oh, it's under "reports". They are all separate.
  • SophiaSerrao
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I know. I haven't found it on the website either. I'm going to look again now.

Haha, I took a reasonably good look right now and it seems there's no options =/
  • SophiaSerrao
    Options

But they're weekly reports, right? No chance to see it on one particular day? (Or did I misunderstand and these weekly reports are what you all meant?)
  • arditarose
    Options

But they're weekly reports, right? No chance to see it on one particular day? (Or did I misunderstand and these weekly reports are what you all meant?)

It still shows you the amount for each day separately during the week.
  • SophiaSerrao
    Options

Really? Okay, I'll stop asking, sit up straighter and find it! Thanks again :+1:
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing is when people refer to good tasting foods as unhealthy. I would love to see the science and justification behind that. Anyway, OP, I'm one of the people who ate whatever they wanted (within reason; I still make sure to hit my macro goals) and lost weight. That's because what you eat doesn't matter, it's how much.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    eat at a deficit, win life
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    I do so much better when I stick with smarter choices (for the most part, still have treats) + exercise + count calories. (Well, right now I have to stick with a limited IBS-friendly diet anyway, but this has always been true for me.)

The calorie bombs I used to eat more regularly (e.g. pancakes with bacon; poutine, saucy indian and thai dishes) would make the rest of the day a puzzle to figure out. More often, I'd just go over.

So to accommodate my laziness, because I don't want to have to be spending a lot of brain power on food, I just pick B instead of A.

And it's fine, it's not like a desperate, life-wounding deprivation to have grilled lemongrass chicken or tandoori with rice instead of green curry or butter chicken with rice and naan. (I do still have burgers, but not with fries, or half salad and half fries, sometimes.) Or 2 eggs with toast and a couple of pieces of bacon instead of the pancakes, bacon, syrup, whatever. They're just little tweaks.

Exercise definitely helps. Reduces my appetite and also gives me a little cushion. And it improves my sense of well-being.
  • SophiaSerrao
    Options

Ohhhh I (finally) see what you mean.

Well, yes, but for instance, I see that my vitamin C and vitamin A intake is solid, my calcium is so-so ... and my iron intake sucks. Except on some days, apparently. But what a drag it would be to go and check each of those higher days... and furthermore guess what food provided more iron (I know it was liver on one particular day, lol, the amount sky rocketed).

I thought maybe there was a way to see those stats more clearly, as with the macros, where you get a better understanding and learn easier. But I guess there is not.

Ok, I'll go away now, ha.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Calorie Deficit is both necessary, and sufficient.

It is absolutely needed and the *only* thing you need to lose weight.

It really is all about sticking to an appropriate deficit for the appropriate length of time.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

Ohhhh I (finally) see what you mean.

Well, yes, but for instance, I see that my vitamin C and vitamin A intake is solid, my calcium is so-so ... and my iron intake sucks. Except on some days, apparently. But what a drag it would be to go and check each of those higher days... and furthermore guess what food provided more iron (I know it was liver on one particular day, lol, the amount sky rocketed).

I thought maybe there was a way to see those stats more clearly, as with the macros, where you get a better understanding and learn easier. But I guess there is not.

Ok, I'll go away now, ha.

You can change what shows along the bottom of your daily diary if there are things you particularly want to keep an eye on. For example, I know sugar and sodium aren't an issue for me, so I switched those to fiber and iron. It only seems to want to let you track five things at a time unfortunately (or I'm a numpty and can't see how to add more!).
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the responses! :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,157 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone! Was curious if it is mainly about having a calorie deficit. For me, I guess you could say "clean eating" and watching my sodium intake at a calorie deficit has helped me lose weight.. even without exercising frequently. However I have a few friends who have lost weight at a calorie deficit but... eating whatever they want basically (not healthy, but not going over their calories --has worked for them!)

I was wondering what was worked for you? Eating healthier and at a calorie deficit + exercising? Or do you just keep track of your calories and it still helps with weight loss? I know everyone is different but was just curious as to what has worked for others.

CI<CO

It's all about consuming fewer calories than I burn.

Happily, I love veggies and they fill me up ... plus they are relatively low cal. So my diet is quite heavy in veggies. :)

• PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Calories for weight.
    Exercise for fitness.

Exercise certainly helps the calorie balance, but one piece of cheesecake would wipe out an on the bike.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Really? Okay, I'll stop asking, sit up straighter and find it! Thanks again :+1:

@SophiaSerrao Is the "Food" tab what you're looking for on the website?