Eat a big breakfast.. .

Replies

• maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    I only eat a big breakfast when I'm traveling for vacation or work ... because most times I have late lunch or no lunch. On regular days, coffee and some fruit an hour or two later does the trick for me.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    katem999 wrote: »
    aimeerace wrote: »

We are all individuals.

I'm not

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

• drivenbonkers
    drivenbonkers Posts: 33 Member
    Sweets1954 wrote: »
    I don't know if there is research on eating a big breakfast and weight loss but there is research saying that eating breakfast helps prevent blood sugar spikes which is important to diabetics, and perhaps others as well. MFP has had an article recently that stated breakfast should be around 300-360 calories and that many are eating much less. I find if I have a decent breakfast I am not as hungry throughout the day but to each his own.

^^^ works for me too!

My breakfasts usually log in as 300 - 325 calories, and are higher in protein and low in sugar.

Oh, bananas, why you have so much sugar? berries, you are my new best friends.........
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    @rabbitjb mine are 3 and 6 (and sometimes an 8 too) so they wake me up asking for breakfast!

@megomerrett

they are old enough to help themselves to yogurt and a spoon until you wake up

:bigsmile:

I wish this worked with cats. They're 10 ffs, why haven't they worked out how to open the fridge yet??

lockable cat flaps :nods:

Unfortunately I have French doors right by the head of my bed. They'd just scratch at them until I got up :\ (actually they're mostly very good about being patient, I'm maligning them rather unfairly).

That's why I only have outdoor animals.
  • angeltilo
    angeltilo Posts: 44 Member
    I didn't think you were telling anyone what to do either. Thanks for sharing.
  • eseeton
    eseeton Posts: 80 Member
    Although I feel anyone can eat anything they want, I wanted to say that I do like to eat bigger breakfasts. It helps me stay full throughout the morning and snack less while I'm sitting at my desk at work, therefore eating fewer calories throughout the day. But each to their own :smile:
  • jonrenly
    jonrenly Posts: 116 Member
    I like big breakfasts, but I also like big lunches and big dinners. So I just kind of rotate every day which meal Im in the mood to eat the most at.

I remember when I was a kid I hated breakfast and could not eat before school, I always felt way too nauseous. But now I realize its no wonder I felt that way, our lunch time was at 11ish which is pretty much my breakfast time now as an adult. I eat lunch anywhere between 2-4. That works much better for me than a big breakfast at 7 AM.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Yes to each their own. Personally I wake up wicked hungry almost every day and I love a big breafast full of protein and veggies! People at work sometimes ask me how my "Breakfast Salad" is?! LOL! It sustains my hunger level and my energy level until well after lunch time. I always have a smaller lunch and a middle of the road dinner leaving room for snacks of course.

I don't buy into the preconceived notion of meal times anyway... ya know, breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc. I see people mindlessly running for the cafeteria at 11:30 AM to get lunch because it's "lunch time". I wonder if any of them stop to figure out if they're actually hungry or not LOL!
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    She's not telling people what to do, she is just sharing a link. If I eat a big breakfast, I am hungrier during the day, I like to eat 5 small balanced meals without the day, seems to work better for me and helps me not eat at night. Everyone has to find their balance and what works for them.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    She's not telling people what to do, she is just sharing a link. If I eat a big breakfast, I am hungrier during the day, I like to eat 5 small balanced meals without the day, seems to work better for me and helps me not eat at night. Everyone has to find their balance and what works for them.

OP's title is an implied imperative. That's why some people are going all
    jq0vbkiuphpn.gif

I usually eat a little something. Today was a crumpet with PB. If I'm going to have a "big" breakfast, it's going to be "big" (500-800 calories, comparable to my other meals). The main reason I don't eat that big every day is I prefer to eat more later in the day.
  • mizzlarabee
    mizzlarabee Posts: 134 Member
    edited May 2015
    zyxst wrote: »

OP's title is an implied imperative. That's why some people are going all
    jq0vbkiuphpn.gif

lol... yes, this...
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Carol_ wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing the article! :) I plan on reading it as soon as I get my clothes out of the dryer. Be right back.

You're my new favorite member here! So adorable... expect a friend request.
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    edited May 2015
    In my ideal weight loss world, each of my three meals would be 500 calories on the nose.

In my real world, I rarely have three meals in a day... More like two daylight hour meals and snacks as needed.

And happy hour.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    I would be curious what the macro breakdown was for the big breakfast vs the small breakfast group.

Also, calorie deficit is what causes weight loss, not meal size. All my meals are pretty equal and I am down just about ten pounds on my most recent cut over the past three months....
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    The article even states: "The bottom line: Eating more in the morning can help you eat less food later on."

That varies from person to person (I eat small at breakfast and more in the evening), but what I take from that statement is "eat at a deficit if you want to lose weight"
  • christybrumett622
    christybrumett622 Posts: 12 Member
    I want to thank everyone for your comments, the discussion about the article, and the positive comments to me personally. But to the rude people...you must have cheerios for breakfast and someone pissed in then. Stay positive and have a healthy happy life people. That's what this is all about.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    OP, if anyone seems rude, it’s because the title of this thread and the link implied a statement that one must eat breakfast for weight loss. If you had specified you were just sharing an article you found interesting, the reception would’ve been different. Just keep that in mind.

As for eating breakfast, definitely not my thing. I don’t eat breakfast until 12:00pm+. However, this is just how I function. Meal timing is a very personal choice, and it seems that everyone has preferences in terms of what works for them. Blanket statements about how or when to eat are thus superfluous.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    damn I love me some breakfast
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    I want to thank everyone for your comments, the discussion about the article, and the positive comments to me personally. But to the rude people...you must have cheerios for breakfast and someone pissed in then. Stay positive and have a healthy happy life people. That's what this is all about.

it's because you're new here and linked a *kitten* article on a forum that is primarily focused on proper eating habits with CICO rather than broscience
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I would be curious what the macro breakdown was for the big breakfast vs the small breakfast group.

Also, calorie deficit is what causes weight loss, not meal size. All my meals are pretty equal and I am down just about ten pounds on my most recent cut over the past three months....

My macro's after a BIG breakfast resemble something like 3000% fat, 200% protein 3,000,000% Carbs. And I love every filthy mouthful pahahahahaha
This discussion has been closed.