2nd day without eating meat

Options

Replies

• Ryanstwin
    Ryanstwin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    @bigblondewolf I have no intentions of picking fights with strangers on forums just making my points. I appreciate your feedback
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Ryanstwin wrote: »
    And you brought up free lee before I did so who's example was it? I never said her name she isn't the only you tuber who eats 30 plus bananas

GIF-o-rly-really-skeptical-yeah-right-GIF.gif
  • bigblondewolf
    bigblondewolf Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    @Ryanstwin Then I don't understand why you even feel the need to defend your choice to a bunch of internet strangers. If you didn't like the advice we were giving, then walk away. It's your own damn body, do what you want with it.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    @Ryanstwin Then I don't understand why you even feel the need to defend your choice to a bunch of internet strangers. If you didn't like the advice we were giving, then walk away. It's your own damn body, do what you want with it.

How else will he feel superior about his dietary choices??
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Mike Rashid power bodybuilder was a vegan for a good part of his adult life Doesn't look like he ever had any problems getting an adequate amount of protein without meat ....2xaivigmcf6s.jpg

That is the only point we are trying to make, is to pay attention to protein.

That said, this guy is probably also on gear. Apples to oranges
  • bigblondewolf
    bigblondewolf Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

How else will he feel superior about his dietary choices??

giphy.gif
  • tlharin
    tlharin Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Wow, guys, this is kind of hostile to the OP, who really just wanted some support. @Ryanstwin, you're welcome to check out the "Vegetarians & Vegans" group and post in our forums about weight training--positive you'll get some helpful feedback.
  • Ryanstwin
    Options
    @randomtai thanks for the feedback have a wonderful day
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    tlharin wrote: »
    Wow, guys, this is kind of hostile to the OP, who really just wanted some support. @Ryanstwin, you're welcome to check out the "Vegetarians & Vegans" group and post in our forums about weight training--positive you'll get some helpful feedback.

Hostile? Really? Well, that's what we get for expressing concern, I guess.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Lots of armchair nutritionists in here.....

Lulz...

Anyway....Posters come in and advise that you don't need cut meat in order to hit goals, but if you are make sure to supplement your protein intake.

OP and a few others take offence somewhere in the make sure to supplement your protein recommendation.

Did I cliff's that about right?
  • RGv2
    Options

Were you going to include the OP's "hostility" shown while answering questions as well or is this just a one way street?
  • Ryanstwin
    Options
    @hollydubs85 I guess I picked the wrong forum to mention not eating meat lol . I guess I know how you tubers feel when they get trolled
  • Ryanstwin
    Options
    @hollydubs85 I guess I picked the wrong forum to mention not eating meat lol . I guess I know how you tubers feel when they get trolled

Oops meant for @tlharin
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

No one has trolled you or been "mean", We have been all saying the same thing. In order to hit your weight loss/fitness goal you don't need to cut meat, but if you do (and you came late with a different reason for doing so) just make sure you get enough protein.

No one thinks you need to eat meat, just watch your macros.
  • tlharin
    tlharin Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Guess so :) best of luck though, @Ryanstwin ! And stay swole, y'all ;) (ending notifications for thread)
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    definitely I eat more meat when training, specifically bulking. If you are trying to gain lean body mass/strength don't worry about it. Enjoy it. If you are cutting then you might have to cut out some short ribs for a leaner cut. Figure out what you want to do. But meat fat does not = tummy fat
  • Ryanstwin
    Options
    Guess so :) best of luck though, @Ryanstwin ! And stay swole, y'all ;) (ending notifications for thread)

Good idea thanks for the input everyone
  • RGv2
    Options

Because people just advised you that cutting meat isn't necessary to meet your goal, but if you are to make sure you supplement your protein?

If you think people are "trolling" you, I don't think you quite understand what it means.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Not a good reason to give up meat, imo, because meat doesn't cause belly fat.
This discussion has been closed.