Married couples question for you?

Options

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    No idea. But I likely wouldn't tell you about it.

^^^^This. Nor anyone else.

Totally agree.

I certainly wouldn't ask people on the internet about it.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    What would you do if you caught your husband or wife cheating on you? Seriously what would you do?

That is tough becuase there is a lot more to it than just on act. In the end though, you have to forgive to set yourself free, whether you stay together or not.

Everyone makes mistakes, takes the low road, or falls down sometime. How many, how low, and how far is up to you.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I'd feel a lot less guilt when I'm out with the boyfriend....

Ahem... I thought I was your on the side girlfriend, I am actually quite hurt by the fact that you have a boyfriend.

Baby, I was just kidding. Really :flowerforyou:

It better have been a joke! Now get back in the bedroom you have some explaining to do. :devil:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Nothing because he never would do that.

Even if he did I wouldn't come on to a public message board and ask complete strangers who know nothing about me or my life what to do about it.

OP didn't even say this happened to them. I took it as a hypothetical question.
    No kidding.

I'm just stating what I would do. Oh and if you read back you will see that others said the same thing about the message board.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'd feel a lot less guilt when I'm out with the boyfriend....

Ahem... I thought I was your on the side girlfriend, I am actually quite hurt by the fact that you have a boyfriend.

Baby, I was just kidding. Really :flowerforyou:

It better have been a joke! Now get back in the bedroom you have some explaining to do. :devil:

mh6u9HM.gif
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    What would you do if you caught your husband or wife cheating on you? Seriously what would you do?

I'd ask her just who she thought she was... having a cheat meal without me.
  • Baseballfan158
    Options
    Lol made my night
  • m0jk
    m0jk Posts: 133
    Options

Totally agree.

I certainly wouldn't ask people on the internet about it.

agreed
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options
    i'd start a thread on MFP and ask everyone what i should do.
    then when they give me their opinions on the matter, i would become instantly butthurt, report any and all posts that arent what i want to hear (as well as any gifs of bunnies/kittehs and memes), then i would ragequit.

cm-29490-050938f1f39e78.gif
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options

I unmarried mine.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options

Totally agree.

I fourth it!!!
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options

He would have some making up to do - how much would depend a lot on the situation - the degree of cheating, who with, how long and who else knew about it. And what is good for the goose is good for the gander so I would expect a free pass.

But technically we didn't vow to stay faithful (or obey) so no need to chuck it all away. Our marriage has a lot of other excellent stuff going for it.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    then when they give me their opinions on the matter, i would become instantly butthurt, report any and all posts that arent what i want to hear (as well as any gifs of bunnies/kittehs and memes), then i would ragequit.

^This guy has the right idea!
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Divorce.
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I've been there and done that before we were married. I would just leave and find a better husband. That would never happen though. He is an amazing husband.
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options

Yes!
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I have no idea. Guess it would depend on the circumstance. Wouldn't like to say too much incase my OH reads this haha
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    1) belongings packed (his) and dropped in front yard, ready for him to collect
    2) His car trashed
    3) any belongings that he dosnt wear trashed
    4)her face trashed
    5) i would show him exactly what he had given up, this includes access to his child.

O.H knows this, he knows exactly how i feel.

Iv already told him, if he is bored with me/us and finds he wants to be with someone else, then he is to tell me an go.... theres no excuse to cheat. Just leave.

Using your kids doesn't just hit him where it hurts, it hits them where it hurts. Using your kids to hurt your spouse is a worse offense than than the cheating, IMO. I grew up in a home where one parent cheated and the other tried to use me to get back at them. Guess which one I don't talk to anymore?
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    File for divorce immediately. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200. I'd pack up the baby and my stuff and sell/store all the furniture that I bought or was mine when we got married (literally everything) and move in with my parents until I found a job and got a small place of my own. No tears, no screaming, no throwing dishes. I'd just be gone.

But that wouldn't ever happen. My husband is a "wolf". He mates for life. :)
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    1) belongings packed (his) and dropped in front yard, ready for him to collect
    2) His car trashed
    3) any belongings that he dosnt wear trashed
    4)her face trashed
    5) i would show him exactly what he had given up, this includes access to his child.

Cuz that's what a mature adult does.