Couch to 5K start

Options
124»

Replies

• MSJMM
    MSJMM Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been walking 3+/- miles every day for 3 weeks. Today I started C25K, but I couldn't finish it. I made it through the 4th run before I couldn't do it anymore.

So tomorrow, should I just try again?
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    On the couch to 5k it's recommended to have a rest day in between running, even if you couldn't get through all of the intervals. So, I would rest tomorrow then you can try again on the next day. Though the program I followed all of week 1 was the same set of intervals, so you get 3 tries and if it's still too hard you can repeat the week until you feel ready to move on to week 2.
  • MSJMM
    MSJMM Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    On the couch to 5k it's recommended to have a rest day in between running, even if you couldn't get through all of the intervals. So, I would rest tomorrow then you can try again on the next day. Though the program I followed all of week 1 was the same set of intervals, so you get 3 tries and if it's still too hard you can repeat the week until you feel ready to move on to week 2.

Okay. Sounds good, Thank you!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Glad to help. It was hard to believe in the beginning of C25k that I'd be jogging in just a few months, but I made it through and many others are good testaments of the program as well. Just go slow and keep going, you'll make it too.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    You might find it useful to drop into the C25K group for some inspiration: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k