turkey burgers!!

Options
13»

Replies

• shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Turkey burger is a weekly staple for me. Had one the other day with a "fried" egg and portabella mushrooms, spinach and feta with a One Bun (ozery bakery) and it was definitely no cheat night. I get a little more creative with my cheat meals. :)

wow. Pics or it didn't happen!!

I love it when people gourmet stuff up. That burger sounds so awesome I could taste it, lol.

I totally foodstagrammed it but I don't know how to share pics on mobile.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    Okay, since we're all talking about our TB faves:
    • Crusty, day old french bread grated (not to finely) into crumbs,
    • An Egg
    • a little bit of worcestshire sauce (or soy) for seasoning
    BAM (yummilicous)

Like @SophiaSerraoI like mine with an Avocado (but I'm from Cali so that's a given)
    Thanks @Queenmunchy , I'll try it with veggies mixed in next time (just not KALE.. :( )
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I am right now totally thinking of a juicy burger with ground sausage and cheese and topped with a fried egg and maybe some avocado. All that on a brioche bun with some fried onions and mushrooms too. I got a recipe out of this thread after all :)
  • SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am right now totally thinking of a juicy burger with ground sausage and cheese and topped with a fried egg and maybe some avocado. All that on a brioche bun with some fried onions and mushrooms too. I got a recipe out of this thread after all :)

Hahaha way to bring it all together :+1:
  • rachael00679
    rachael00679 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I grate a zucchini and squish put the water and add to the turkey mix. Keeps them moist.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Buffalo meat - just as low fat.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Ah gimme some good ole 80/20 ground chuck with either farmers cheese or Muenster Cheese on bread not a bun maybe a little ranch. I manage to have one once every week or two.
  • dalem48
    dalem48 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This!!
    nickycat73 wrote: »
    she was just sharing….for crisps sake get off her *kitten*

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    bbontheb wrote: »
    Cwolfman......can you please take your debate elsewhere? It's changing the pleasant tone of this thread. Thank you.

he's making a ton of sense.
    perhaps the issue is your sensitivity.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    The thread is positive except for the continual debate over turkey vs beef etc. It changes the tone just like countless other threads. Are you here to discuss delicious turkey burger recipes?
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    The thread is positive except for the continual debate over turkey vs beef etc. It changes the tone just like countless other threads. Are you here to discuss delicious turkey burger recipes?

Except she never provided the turkey burger recipe. There is no recipe here! And pointing out that beef and turkey are, nutritionally, almost identical isn't really a debate.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

the point of mentioning the option of beef was explained, i believe, but i will try to reiterate so you understand the value of it being discussed.

the OP seems to classify a burger (beef i'm assuming) as a "cheat meal" (which is oh so wrong), and adds the implication that turkey is a "healthy" alternative to beef. therein lies the issue.

the point of equating beef to turkey in terms of macros is to help someone, who may be new at this, realize that while beef *can* have more fat (not that fat is bad), it certainly doesn't always.

this can be helpful when choosing what to eat, and if someone has learned that beef ain't the devil, then it was a good thing to bring up, wouldn't you say? i thought so.

as for recipes, sure....here's one.

thanksgiving burger...

-ground turkey
    -your favorite stuffing (prepared. stove top works just fine here, but a nice pepperidge farm cornbread stuffing works too.)
    -cranberry sauce (i prefer jellied ocean spray but use your own favorite)
    -sliced sharp cheddar or the cheese of your choice
    -mayonaise (dont skimp on this...the fat is satiating)
    -brioche buns
    -sea salt

mix the stuffing in with the meat and incorporate well.

form nice fat patties, salt liberally, and grill/broil to your liking. add the cheese on top and let it melt.
    lightly grill/broil the brioche buns and slather with mayo.
    pop the cooked patty on the bottom half of the bun, top with a slice of delicious jellied cranberry sauce, put the hat on that bad boy and enjoy.

you can add lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, onions...whatever if you like them. but i find the thanksgiving flavor comes from the combo of the ingredients mentioned above and only those.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »

the point of mentioning the option of beef was explained, i believe, but i will try to reiterate so you understand the value of it being discussed.

the OP seems to classify a burger (beef i'm assuming) as a "cheat meal" (which is oh so wrong), and adds the implication that turkey is a "healthy" alternative to beef. therein lies the issue.

the point of equating beef to turkey in terms of macros is to help someone, who may be new at this, realize that while beef *can* have more fat (not that fat is bad), it certainly doesn't always.

this can be helpful when choosing what to eat, and if someone has learned that beef ain't the devil, then it was a good thing to bring up, wouldn't you say? i thought so.

as for recipes, sure....here's one.

thanksgiving burger...

-ground turkey
    -your favorite stuffing (prepared. stove top works just fine here, but a nice pepperidge farm cornbread stuffing works too.)
    -cranberry sauce (i prefer jellied ocean spray but use your own favorite)
    -sliced sharp cheddar or the cheese of your choice
    -mayonaise (dont skimp on this...the fat is satiating)
    -brioche buns
    -sea salt

mix the stuffing in with the meat and incorporate well.

form nice fat patties, salt liberally, and grill/broil to your liking. add the cheese on top and let it melt.
    lightly grill/broil the brioche buns and slather with mayo.
    pop the cooked patty on the bottom half of the bun, top with a slice of delicious jellied cranberry sauce, put the hat on that bad boy and enjoy.

you can add lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, onions...whatever if you like them. but i find the thanksgiving flavor comes from the combo of the ingredients mentioned above and only those.

Marry me.

Not you, sorry. The burger.