Diet Pills

Options
I week ago I started taking diet pills. I've been taking the 1234 green bean coffee bean by Creative Bioscience. In a week, I've lost 3 pounds. I've taken diet pills in the past and have had success. I was wondering who else has taken diet pills. Have you had success with them? Which ones have you tried? Which diet pills have worked the best for you?

Replies

• coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    The CICO pill worked great for me.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I week ago I started taking diet pills. I've been taking the 1234 green bean coffee bean by Creative Bioscience. In a week, I've lost 3 pounds. I've taken diet pills in the past and have had success. I was wondering who else has taken diet pills. Have you had success with them? Which ones have you tried? Which diet pills have worked the best for you?

I would call that succeed until you kept it off. Who takes diet pills. Once someone really see that nutrition matters everything else can easily fall into place.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Were you also in a calorie deficit while taking these pills?
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    OP diet pills are a scam and some can even be harmful to your health. There's no magical pill for weight loss.

Also to actually lose 3 lbs of fat in just a week like you mentioned means you would have to create a calorie deficit of 10,500, which is crazy. Sounds like you just dropped some water weight which will easily come right back or your scale is broken.

• SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Quoting from another post
    "if you could buy weight loss, Oprah wouldn't be overweight"
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Diet pills, shakes, etc. may work in the short-term, but are not long-term solutions to being overweight. The best long-term solution is monitoring your caloric intake and caloric burn, and making sure your intake is less than your burn. Pills are nothing but a waste of money that can be better spent treating yourself to something nice when you hit a weight goal!
  • Frostbitten007
    Frostbitten007 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

I've been eating about 1500 calories a day, which is the same I always eat.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

That is how you lost the weight. Not the magic pills you take.

• Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money. They don't work and most are not regulated by the FDA.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

Calorie deficits are free.
    Diet pills are placebos and a waste of your hard earned cash.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options

All things being equal, including all medical things, you can't eat 1500 calories and gain weight then eat 1500 calories and lose weight just by taking a 'diet' pill. Does not hold up to the first law of thermodynamics.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options

There are very few effective weight loss drugs on the market currently. All of them require doctor supervision and a prescription. Anything sold as a "supplement" for weight loss is probably a scam.

I am currently taking phentermine/topiramate under the supervision of a doctor. Phentermine is a stimulant and appetite suppressant while topirmate is a depressant and appetite suppressant. These have been used in combination for some time now as an appetite suppressant. They are generally used in dosages high enough to suppress appetite but low enough that you do not generally have serious side effects.

Nonetheless, these are serious medications and the potential for serious side effects is present, which is why they require doctor supervision.

I find phentermine/topiramate to be a fairly effective appetite suppressant, which makes it easier to stick to a caloric deficit, which is what causes weight loss.
  • qb63
    qb63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Agreed that it is CICO that makes you lose weight. But an appetite suppressant helps me to stick to my calorie allottment, so yes they are helping me to lose weight. As I have adjusted to my new eating habits, they are becoming just that, habits, and I don't take the appetite suppressant every day, just when I know I am going to be in situations where I will be tempted to overeat. And yes, they help me to stay away from the snacks and the mindless eating. Kudos to anyone with the willpower to do this on their own, but for those of us who need a little boost, I personally find them very helpful. I don't look at them a a magic pill, but rather another tool to keep me focused on my goal.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Diet pills are placebos and a waste of your hard earned cash.

Not all of them. Some of them are actual drugs that are regulated by the FDA and require doctor supervision and a prescription to use.

I would say that diet supplement pills are probably a scam.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

There are very few effective weight loss drugs on the market currently. All of them require doctor supervision and a prescription. Anything sold as a "supplement" for weight loss is probably a scam.

I am currently taking phentermine/topiramate under the supervision of a doctor. Phentermine is a stimulant and appetite suppressant while topirmate is a depressant and appetite suppressant. These have been used in combination for some time now as an appetite suppressant. They are generally used in dosages high enough to suppress appetite but low enough that you do not generally have serious side effects.

Nonetheless, these are serious medications and the potential for serious side effects is present, which is why they require doctor supervision.

I find phentermine/topiramate to be a fairly effective appetite suppressant, which makes it easier to stick to a caloric deficit, which is what causes weight loss.

Topiramate (Topamax) is an anti-epileptic.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Topiramate (Topamax) is an anti-epileptic.

Many drugs have multiple uses they are just widely known for certain uses. Topiramate is also used for bipolar disorder and sometimes migraines. My aunt takes anti-seizure medication for her severe migraines

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The only diet pills that actually do anything beneficial are prescribed by a doctor. Do you know why they are prescription only? Because they can kill you or cause permanent damage.

Google fen-phen. My sister took those under a doctors orders, lost gobs of weight, destroyed her heart and her health. She is now fat again and nearly an invalid because of "diet pills".

The only safe, effective, and sustainable way to lose weight is to eat less food than you did previously.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    ...I find phentermine/topiramate to be a fairly effective appetite suppressant, which makes it easier to stick to a caloric deficit, which is what causes weight loss.

I emphatically suggest you stop taking them before they kill you. It isn't worth the risk. Just eat less.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    qb63 wrote: »
    Agreed that it is CICO that makes you lose weight. But an appetite suppressant helps me to stick to my calorie allottment, so yes they are helping me to lose weight. As I have adjusted to my new eating habits, they are becoming just that, habits, and I don't take the appetite suppressant every day, just when I know I am going to be in situations where I will be tempted to overeat. And yes, they help me to stay away from the snacks and the mindless eating. Kudos to anyone with the willpower to do this on their own, but for those of us who need a little boost, I personally find them very helpful. I don't look at them a a magic pill, but rather another tool to keep me focused on my goal.

Most of the otc weight loss pills can be labeled as an appetite suppressant because they contain caffeine.... Which the caffeine content is usually no more than a cup of coffee