Diet Pills

Options
1235»

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    And on the topic of supplements and vitamins in general, respectable studies have shown that it's very very common for the "supplements" to contain NO ACTIVE INGREDIENT.

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/searching-for-the-supplement-in-your-supplement/
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I week ago I started taking diet pills. I've been taking the 1234 green bean coffee bean by Creative Bioscience. In a week, I've lost 3 pounds. I've taken diet pills in the past and have had success. I was wondering who else has taken diet pills. Have you had success with them? Which ones have you tried? Which diet pills have worked the best for you?

There are very few effective weight loss drugs on the market currently. All of them require doctor supervision and a prescription. Anything sold as a "supplement" for weight loss is probably a scam.

I am currently taking phentermine/topiramate under the supervision of a doctor. Phentermine is a stimulant and appetite suppressant while topirmate is a depressant and appetite suppressant. These have been used in combination for some time now as an appetite suppressant. They are generally used in dosages high enough to suppress appetite but low enough that you do not generally have serious side effects.

Nonetheless, these are serious medications and the potential for serious side effects is present, which is why they require doctor supervision.

I find phentermine/topiramate to be a fairly effective appetite suppressant, which makes it easier to stick to a caloric deficit, which is what causes weight loss.

Topiramate (Topamax) is an anti-epileptic.

Many drugs have multiple uses they are just widely known for certain uses. Topiramate is also used for bipolar disorder and sometimes migraines. My aunt takes anti-seizure medication for her severe migraines

Just because Topamax is used for multiple conditions doesn't mean it should be called a 'depressant' or 'appetite suppressant' when it is in the anti-epileptic drug class.

I get what you are trying to say but "Just because" doesn't change the facts of what the drug does or it's other potential uses, and if it works great for that with minimum or low risk side effects then why not, what's your problem with it being used for that as well? Would classifying it under everything it's useful for help with your problem with calling it a depressant/suppressant? Example: Coke is for drinking but it cleans very well, since it is classified as a drink does that mean I can't use it to clean with as well?
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Yeah the problem with any fat-blocking drugs like Orlistat is that if you eat any fatty foods you will have diarrhea that you can't control. In theory the drug works by blocking the uptake of fat, so you don't absorb calories from fat. But because the social consequences of the drug are so severe, what really ends up happening is you adopt-a low-fat diet. So basically the way it works is not by actually helping your body do anything weight-loss related, instead it becomes a negative reinforcement mechanism to stop eating fatty foods.

Of course you can easily compensate the calorie loss by eating non-fatty foods.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    PURPLE FIRE WEGHT LOSS PILLS they work sooooooo good I lost like 13 pounds in a month but they are currently out of stock on their website ughhh :( I hope they restock soon. I've kept that 13 pounds off since October btw

Sounds legit. :p

• naxeea
    naxeea Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have been using Activ8 X for a month now and working for me.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/in-depth/alli/art-20047908

What is Alli?

Alli is the reduced-strength, 60-milligram version of orlistat (Xenical), a 120-milligram prescription drug.

Xenical is approved for use by people who have a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or more (obese), as well as people with a BMI of 27 to 29 (overweight) who have other health risk factors such as high blood pressure or diabetes.

Alli is approved for over-the-counter sale — with some exceptions — to overweight adults 18 years and older. Both Alli and Xenical are meant to be used as part of a weight-loss plan that includes a low-calorie, low-fat diet and regular physical activity.

What are the concerns with Alli?

In 2010, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) published a safety review of orlistat because of rare reports of serious liver injury in people using it. The FDA found no evidence to confirm that orlistat was the cause of the reported liver injuries.

However, Alli and Xenical labels were revised because of the reports. Talk to your doctor immediately if you have signs or symptoms that may indicate liver injury:

Itching
    Loss of appetite
    Yellow eyes or skin
    Light-colored stool
    Brown urine

How does Alli work?

Alli promotes weight loss by decreasing the amount of dietary fat absorbed in your intestines.

Lipase, an enzyme found in the digestive tract, helps break down dietary fat into smaller components, so it can be used or stored for energy. Alli inhibits the work of lipase. When you take the drug with a meal, about 30 percent of the fat you consume isn't broken down and is eliminated through bowel movements.

How much weight could I lose using Alli?

Alli may help you lose weight, but the weight loss will likely be modest — perhaps just a few pounds more than you would lose with diet and exercise alone.

Really? You are promoting Alli?

PROMOTING Alli? I was responding to the question above my post, "The prescription form of Alli is double-strength?"

I went on to include a bunch of negatives. This is not promotional copy, LMAO.