chub rub aka thigh gap

Options
GoRun2
GoRun2 Posts: 448 Member
So when did you loose the chub rub?

I want to get to the point where I can walk a mile without my thighs chaffing. :sad:

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, yay you, go to another thread please.

If you have had naked thighs rubbing together as you have walked around in a dress or something else and experienced chub rub, you know what I mean. Another poster described it as going home and laying like a starfish on her bed:laugh:

so when does it go away.

I recall 5'3" and 125 lbs.

And You??

Replies

• kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    My thighs always touch. Just not as greatly as when I'm heavier. My grandma use to get on my case about being fat and thighs touching. I wasn't fat at the time she said this. I'm just naturally built with touching thighs. So, I wear shorts under dresses. Can't stand the thighs sweaty and rubbing.

Last year the whole family was together for a funeral. I have 4 girl cousins always thin. They are all now 30 plus in age. 2 had touching thighs and 2 didn't. I felt better about the way I'm built.
  • GoRun2
    GoRun2 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Depends on your shape and hip size. I am a wide hips pear shape and my thighs didn't rub so badly at my HW(I could wear a dress with no problems), but in order for me to get a 'real' gap I would have to be seriously underweight.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Depends on your body shape and type. Mine appeared at 140 lbs (I'm 5'9"), which is close to the middle of my BMI range. I'm now at 125, and it's pretty signicant now.

I posted a rather humorous topic last night about my husband achieving the thigh gap at the top of his BMI range this week. Men are different animals altogether, of course...
  • Puffingmuffin
    Puffingmuffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My thighs always rubbed each other. It was so bad that the skin was black. Since losing weight, I have a thigh gap, there is no part of my legs touching when I put my feet together. Working on making that gap wider.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    22828839_zpsc1cadaa6.jpg
  • jrbb03092
    jrbb03092 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I've never had a thigh gap. I'm 5'8" and even when I weighed 114 as a teenager, I didn't have one. I hated it. I've got a real hourglass shape and my thighs rubbed even when I was thin. Genetics, damn them.

Nowadays I use bodyglide (goes on like a deoderant and doesn't feel greasy or anything) and swear by it. I wish they'd had it around way back then because I would've worn a lot more short skirts and dresses :)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    It is possible to not have your thighs rub without a thigh gap. A thigh gap is when your thighs don't touch when you are standing with both feet together. It is attainable and normal for some but many can not have a thigh gap without being underweight.

At less than 20% bodyfat for a figure competition my thighs did not rub or touch when standing normal/running/walking but I can not possibly have a true "thigh gap" without being considerably underweight.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    My thighs touch, but they don't really rub. I don't have the body type for a thigh gap.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I have really built thighs, so they touch pretty much no matter what (with a tiny little window up by the... You know XD ). I'm okay with it, though, because I know it's all muscle :3
  • smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Man I did a 5K and I thought I was gonna start a fire with those bishes! LOL I don't know, but I'd really not like to have my thighs looks like I have hickies after running!
  • alycat1990
    alycat1990 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey there!!!! I researched this too as I have the same problem... Even now that I am more then 50lbs down, And 20 away from my goal. Your % of body fat need to be on the lower side like under 19% for some people. Also take. Look at your body shape most people that have wide hips will be able to obtain a thigh gap :) ones that have narrow hips with their femurs ( leg bone) descending inwards will not be Able to obtain it.... All depends on the pelvic structure. Here is a link to a picture that shows the anatomy via xray

http://www.google.ca/search?q=how+to+get+thigh+gap&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=4dS5UeHKLe284AOnrIDACQ&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=672#biv=i|1;d|1Bjrp6ihVabDuM:
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    My thighs have ALWAYS rubbed together. Looking at the me from the waist up, you would think I was tiny, but I carry all my weight in my hips and thighs. When I run, I cannot wear shorts...and in this 100 + degree Alabama weather, it sucks!

I feel your pain.
  • Jusjerzy
    Jusjerzy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My thighs have ALWAYS rubbed together. Looking at the me from the waist up, you would think I was tiny, but I carry all my weight in my hips and thighs. When I run, I cannot wear shorts...and in this 100 + degree Alabama weather, it sucks!

I feel your pain.

Wear 7 inch long "sliders" or compression shorts underneath regular running shorts. Keeps the rub from happening!!
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options

I feel your pain.

Wear 7 inch long "sliders" or compression shorts underneath regular running shorts. Keeps the rub from happening!!

Thank you! I will be trying that :)
  • luckyshilling
    Options
    5' 2.5"
    Thigh rub began at 155lbs.
    I am an apple shape though so my gut becomes epic way before my thighs begin to touch. Trade you my gut for your thighs.:flowerforyou:
  • luckyshilling
    Options
    Sometimes I workout at the beach. Word of advice though. Do your running before you get on the ground to do any sit ups or push-ups or what not.

Sandy chub rub is on a whole other level people!!!:cry:

You have been warned.
  • MrsJ1105
    MrsJ1105 Posts: 34
    Options
    I hate this. I really just noticed it about 2 weeks ago, but it REALLY became apparent when I wore a skirt to work Monday. I'd say it started for me at 145 lbs, I'm 5'8. And they RUBBBB.
  • ambuford21
    ambuford21 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    And this is why short shorts have never been my friend, even when I was skinnier. In fact, I'm pretty sure my thighs have never not touched.
    I've got spanx for when I wear dresses in the summer because i can't walk with the amount of chaffing that goes on!
  • ksimmons19
    ksimmons19 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have to use deodorant on my thighs when i wear shorts on my treadmill...I use my boyfriends :) shh.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!