chub rub aka thigh gap

Options

Replies

• MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Luv when my thighs rub! Specially on leg days.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously just sick of all my pants having crotch holes in them because of my fat stupid thighs. It's really inconvenient.

That too! Nothing like ruining good jeans because you went through the crotch! #fattyproblems
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'm sure for some women this is the cause of much stress. Let me tell you all...from a guy's prospective. If you have a decent shape and carry yourself well - thick to lean - we will take notice. All of you just keep up the good work, and gap or no gap, your confidence (which you need to achieve your mfp goals) and hard work will be the most attractive things you bring to the table.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: HIGH 5's TO YOU :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • cstoney2013
    cstoney2013 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I thought this post was about a new dance....
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I used to have a wide thigh gap when I was skinny--it disappeared somewhere around the 165-170 lb mark. Now that I've got down to 150ish, it's reappeared, though smaller. I'm 5'7".
  • jadecollison90
    Options
    I have always had painful rubbing between my thighs, even though i've never really been over weight. This year I worked toward my first bodybuilding competition and got down to a tiny 43kg, way under 10% body fat, and my thighs only stopped rubbing then. It seriously sucks, especially in summer :( I think it's because my hips are so tiny & have quite muscular legs... So conclusion is, just because some of our thighs rub, doesn't mean we are over weight, just unlucky!
  • pbluberry
    Options
    I'm sorry to say I've never had thigh gap, even at my slimest. So it just depends on your build. But it's ok, just as long as there is no chafing. I'm only 5 feet tall so from my heaviest at 168 to my lowest at 114. No, never had a gap. Though there is a difference between weight, chafing when heavy and no chafing when thinner. Hope this helps. :wink:
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Lanacane cream is the best thing ever!!!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Yeaaah i have that problem i use baby powder
  • mou_254
    mou_254 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    i'm close to 5'4'' i have had a chub rub for god knows how long!! always had it,always bothered by it...i even manage to rub them to a point where the sides actually bleed! :(
    glad 2 know they may disappear when i get to my ideal weight....there's light at the end of the tunnel after all!! :)
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I was at around 136lbs when the gap started to appear, I am now at 128 lb. It is not a big gap, but i can see daylight through it :) I am 5'1"
  • icklistpiklist
    icklistpiklist Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried these but might be a solution for wearing under dresses etc http://www.bandelettes.com/

As I have had DVT's in both legs I have to wear compression stockings and when they are new I have muffin top thighs, which rub! As my legs will now always be large I don't think I'll ever get away from this. :cry:
  • zedgt87
    zedgt87 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have a chub that could use a rub
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I've just ordered some bodyglide and long shorts so that should help get out of trousers. I'm so glad you started this thread. Thank you
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Thigh gap again...

If you don't already have one hidden under body fat you might never see one. With pregnancy a wider pelvis might slightly increase your Q angle, but other than that there's not much you can do to change your skeletal structure.

Besides, the larger the Q angle the more prone you are to knee pain, ACL tears, pronated ankles, fallen arches and so on. A narrower angle can be a great advantage in athletic performance. :)

*editing to add it's also your femoral neck angle, and it's insertion.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    When the VS models are the most wanted in the world, people like to look like that.

article-2287942-186F6910000005DC-718_634x428.jpg
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    One of my fav post... Love to read the answers make me feel better about mines forever touching...GAH GAH GAH
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Love to hear that "slap, slap, slap" when I'm walking. (Always wear dresses or skirts with heels and the strides you take with heels really gets that slappin' goin' so I hear it often). Ugh. Blech. Sad face.

I mean, I like my big ol' thighs and if my thighs ever DIDN'T touch, my fiance would not be a happy man, but that slappy slappy noise as an audio reminder of my a lil' too fat thighs...I can do without!
  • NickeeCoco
    Options
    My thighs have ALWAYS rubbed together. Looking at the me from the waist up, you would think I was tiny, but I carry all my weight in my hips and thighs. When I run, I cannot wear shorts...and in this 100 + degree Alabama weather, it sucks!

I feel your pain.

Body Glide is your friend in this.
  • LadyMorgahnna
    Options
    Ah, yes, the chub rub...I use Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel under my breasts as well as between my thighs and works great, even on hot days, if I put enough on. Very silky stuff.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!