chub rub aka thigh gap

Options

Replies

• bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    somewhere around 150... and 15 years ago...
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Chub rub means something completely different to me.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Me too, that is why I was confused by the title of the thread!!!

Also, OP, regarding "aka"...I don't think it means what you think it means. How can what you refer to as "chub rub", which I am assuming is thighs rubbing together, mean the same as thigh gap? (aka = also known as)
  • nuemmedigg
    nuemmedigg Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My thighs have always rubbed, and by now the skin is tough enough not to go on fire, even after long hikes. I do remember having raw skin and blisters and how that burned after day hikes in high school.
    :embarassed:
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    My thighs always touch. Just not as greatly as when I'm heavier. My grandma use to get on my case about being fat and thighs touching. I wasn't fat at the time she said this. I'm just naturally built with touching thighs. So, I wear shorts under dresses. Can't stand the thighs sweaty and rubbing.

Last year the whole family was together for a funeral. I have 4 girl cousins always thin. They are all now 30 plus in age. 2 had touching thighs and 2 didn't. I felt better about the way I'm built.

yep even when I was extremely fit (nationals qualified swimmer) and a size 2-4 (but with muscle) my thighs touched. just not as much lol :)
  • crzycylr
    crzycylr Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    :wink: Hope mine shows up, eventually!
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    My husband calls his "buff rub"!

So I no longer call it chub rub, I call it BUFF RUB!!!!!

Figure I might as well since I know my genes weren't designed to give me a gap in the thighs... they will forever rub... and I've working at this too long to be considered a chub. I'm buff gosh darnit. :drinker:
  • savemama
    savemama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've never had it. Not when I was dancing and in killer shape with visible abs. I'm an hour glass- and appear to have larger hips... But alas, my legs don't seem to go there.

So... Capris and reasonable hem lines for me! It's ok, I have other assets ;)
  • bornofthorns
    bornofthorns Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm sure for some women this is the cause of much stress. Let me tell you all...from a guy's prospective. If you have a decent shape and carry yourself well - thick to lean - we will take notice. All of you just keep up the good work, and gap or no gap, your confidence (which you need to achieve your mfp goals) and hard work will be the most attractive things you bring to the table.
  • bodyisawonderland
    Options
    LISTEN VERY CLOSELY, because you're going to love me if you do what I say!

Chub rub stops when you have lost enough fat and toned the muscles (no loose skin to flap against each other).
    You have to train properly (the way you train can actually increase the inches in your thighs) and eat properly. There are also some other things you can do.

If you want one stop shopping, take my advice and google the book "The Thigh Gap Hack", pay for it, and read it! (http://www.thighgaphack.com).

You're welcome! :)
  • yrollam1013
    yrollam1013 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've been underweight before and didn't have a thigh gap. Not everyone develops one.
  • dmg051202
    dmg051202 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Body Glide is awesome for that, especially for running. I could not even begin to wear shorts to run without that stuff! I wouldn't make it out of my driveway. It's just like deodorant, but prevents the chub rub. Even as a kid, I never liked wearing short shorts, because I don't recall a time that my thighs have not touched. I'm just built like that, no matter what weight I am. Genetics!

Seriously, Body Glide is pretty awesome. Good for preventing blisters too. Same with me, my thighs always rub no matter what weight I am.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to wonder if all this friction shouldn't rather be harnessed as the worlds next source of clean energy. I mean instead of astrogliding the heck out of all these thighs why don't we get eco-friendly with it?
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    When I weighed 135-140ish, I did not have the chub rub, but I also did not have a thigh gap. Your thighs can touch without "rubbing."

Man, I can't wait to get back to that.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I use deodorant but want BodyGlide as I've heard it's awesome.

YES!! And it help with any other places rubbing can occur. I've used it on my upper arm where the armband for my phone rubs on longer runs.
  • melmobs1
    melmobs1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Best way to gt rid of the "Chub rub"...RUN! It will melt away!
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I'm sure for some women this is the cause of much stress. Let me tell you all...from a guy's prospective. If you have a decent shape and carry yourself well - thick to lean - we will take notice. All of you just keep up the good work, and gap or no gap, your confidence (which you need to achieve your mfp goals) and hard work will be the most attractive things you bring to the table.

Thank you! How did you know I needed to hear (read?) that today?
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Man I did a 5K and I thought I was gonna start a fire with those bishes! LOL I don't know, but I'd really not like to have my thighs looks like I have hickies after running!

I switched to wearing running tights, capri length. I could not find any shorts that didn't ride up, or get some irritation, etc. Even though I live in a hot state and run in 80-90 degree weather, the tights are as comfortable as shorts to me.

My thighs touch...it's the way I've always been built. Even though I'm now at a normal weight, there's some rub, though nothing like it used to be when I was heavy.
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'd never had the "chub rub" until I gained more weight this year, even though I was overweight before that. I'm an "apple" shape so my thighs have always been smaller than my stomach. I'm 5'4 and the highest BMI in the healthy range for my height is 145. I never had the chub rub until I got up to around 165-170. If I'm at least in the mid- 150s it completely goes away. I didn't have a gap when standing with my feet touching, but until my high weight my thighs didn't touch when I was standing/walking with a normal stance. This Spring I got frustrated and chopped most of the legs off a pair of leggings so they'd just cover the top of my thighs and started wearing them under dresses. It works fine, but I'm looking forward to being able to ditch them! I wear capri style yoga pants to work out in. I've always thought they're more comfortable anyway so that's not a big deal for me.
  • bornofthorns
    bornofthorns Posts: 143 Member
    Options

Thank you! How did you know I needed to hear (read?) that today?

Just speaking the truth! :wink:
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options

I just rub deodorant on my thighs and go about my day, helps from chaffing. =)

^^This. Problem solved. :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!