How I feel about some of these forums

Options

Replies

• baby05phat
    baby05phat Posts: 71 Member
    Options

No I'm not going to be open to people snapping at other people with rude comments and putting down totally normal things like clean eating.
    I understand atkins, diet pills, all that miracle crap but people here snap about almost anything
    hmrambling wrote: »
    And here I thought I'd find a question or information about General Diet and Weight Loss Help. I mean, that is what forum this thread is posted in.

Like your body the way it is? Keep doing what you're doing. Want to change your body and your mindset around food and exercise? Be open to listen to what people have to say here. Take what you like, and leave the rest. That's how I feel about these forums.

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    baby05phat wrote: »
    I have binge eating disorder and I managed to eat strictly organic/healthy foods and never binge for a year and then I went to tim hortons followed by mcdonalds on someones birthday and binged nonstop, anytime I eat those foods the binging is triggered.
    Maybe moderation only works for some people and not for others at all

If you have BED that's a mental issue and you should be treated for it. You should figure out what works for you, but from what I've seen it's not uncommon for restrictiveness and ideas about certain foods being bad to be an aggravating factor. If you tell yourself you can't control yourself if you eat something or that you've spoiled everything if you do, of course there's a tendency to go nuts when you finally eat it.

Better to be able to moderate.

I'm not telling you to eat Tim Hortons or McD's, as I don't care. I never go to either place because I don't care for them, but I also don't tell myself that certain foods are "bad" or "unclean" or that they have control over me. I do try to eat a nutritious and delicious diet as that furthers my goals and makes me happy.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I think the clean eating issue is "clean eaters" tend to claim that it's the only way to lose weight and it isn't. I know plenty of "dirty eaters" (myself included) who have never had a serious weight problem!
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I have binge eating disorder and I managed to eat strictly organic/healthy foods and never binge for a year and then I went to tim hortons followed by mcdonalds on someones birthday and binged nonstop, anytime I eat those foods the binging is triggered.

"Binging is triggered."

No, you chose to continue to eat them. There's not a contagious disease found in McDonald's that makes you physically need to eat it again. Doesn't matter what you may be telling yourself. You can try put the blame on something or someone else but at the end of the day it's a choice to binge.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Exactly, therefore helping remove toxins = weight loss, but eating junk food can cause other types of toxic reactions. They are still studying cancer and its link to junk food/gmo, nothing is a fine line or easy straight answer

Is there seriously no way to get rid of toxins? Then why does bloodwork look so much better after the person has lost weight and become healthier? A toxin is anything that damages the body.
    Plus are all of you doctors? Lol ...even science and doctors only know so much about the human body. We are unsure of so many things and still researching for example we are still unsure of gmo's and what they can do to us in the future, we have a growing obesity epidemic so I just thought this place would be friendlier

Your body naturally removes toxins. The reason bloodwork looks better after a person has lost weight is because they've reduced the size of the body that the internal organs have to remove toxins from. Same thing with blood pressure. If the is less places that have to have food an oxygen, the heart doesn't have to work as hard getting blood to those places.

Um, no.

To start, what are these toxins and how do you think you are removing them?

Detox diets are generally obvious scams.

I just got sent a groupon offer for one if you want it, though.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    acollis1 wrote: »
    I'm especially talking about the "clean eating" hate going on. People instantly get attacked for suggesting they are going to restrict certain foods, eat raw or just eat unprocessed/nutritious foods only. Some people have to do this or the other food triggers a massive binge from those with binge eating disorder, etc.
    I'm just saying we are all different, can we be a little more open minded to different things. Obviously unhealthy diets and things that will harm you can be commented upon but then again even fasting for short periods of time is healthy for some people and some doctors even recommend intense diets for people who's situation is life/death.

This^^^^ I have to eat clean or I don't lose weight, but I have seen many people get bashed for the mere suggestion. I wish I could eat cheeseburgers and fries everyday and have icecream for dessert as long as I'm in a deficit. But this does not work for me.

the problem with "clean eating" is defining clean. I think I eat pretty clean...others would think differently. also, many clean eating threads start out with someone on their soap box...that never ends well.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Is there seriously no way to get rid of toxins? Then why does bloodwork look so much better after the person has lost weight and become healthier? A toxin is anything that damages the body.
    Plus are all of you doctors? Lol ...even science and doctors only know so much about the human body. We are unsure of so many things and still researching for example we are still unsure of gmo's and what they can do to us in the future, we have a growing obesity epidemic so I just thought this place would be friendlier

Bloodwork looks better because people have lost weight and organs are working more effectively

The way to get rid of toxins is by allowing your organs that are designed to do so to do so

Nobody who promotes detoxing can name a single toxin that their detoxes removes...did you know that?

Yes science only knows so much, and the great thing about science is it constantly evolves as a result of scientific process and research so what we know today may change. But one thing we do know is that if one eat fewer calories than one burns one loses weight

How does a growing obesity epidemic, due to people being lazy and consuming too many calories, result in people being friendlier on an internet site

The people on here helped me understand how to get rid of my excuses, focus on the majors not the minors; lose weight; get fit and strong which resulted in me being able to stop taken asthma meds; stop having anxiety attacks; feel and look 20 years younger and master push-ups and now pull-ups; how to manage maintenance

I am grateful for their straight-up advice, their no-nonsense approaches; their knowledge and their humour

Never change MFP
  • baby05phat
    Options
    I'm not sorry:) It has kept me and my family healthy, as well as most of Europe...which has banned gmo's based on their own studies. Places with high gmos/monsanto/take-out all have high disease, high pharmacy profit and high obesity.

We all have our own beliefs and our bodies are different, plus we all overall don't know much in the big picture. We don't even know where in the universe we are located really, there's much to learn
    MrM27 wrote: »

See that right there^^^^ You're crying about why people are so rude but what you did there is exactly what all the other ones that cry the same thing do, they take shots at people in the thread. Are we all doctors? You know the answer to that. Unfortunately you don't seem to know about thing about detoxes. You went ahead and got all defensive because you believe the nonsense and want to say we don't know anything because we aren't doctors. That attitude right there is a big reason why you're crying about the attitude we have. I'm sorry you believe in detoxes and all the gmo stuff. What you should do is go ahead and block all the rude people you are talking about and only listen to the nice ones, see how far that takes you and how much awesome advice you get.

• baby05phat
    Options

That's great and I don't put you down for it and tell you to stop dirty eating. Thats what works for you, all I'm asking is some people respect what works for other people may be different than you
    I think the clean eating issue is "clean eaters" tend to claim that it's the only way to lose weight and it isn't. I know plenty of "dirty eaters" (myself included) who have never had a serious weight problem!

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I'm not sorry:) It has kept me and my family healthy, as well as most of Europe...which has banned gmo's based on their own studies. Places with high gmos/monsanto/take-out all have high disease, high pharmacy profit and high obesity.

We all have our own beliefs and our bodies are different, plus we all overall don't know much in the big picture. We don't even know where in the universe we are located really, there's much to learn

See that right there^^^^ You're crying about why people are so rude but what you did there is exactly what all the other ones that cry the same thing do, they take shots at people in the thread. Are we all doctors? You know the answer to that. Unfortunately you don't seem to know about thing about detoxes. You went ahead and got all defensive because you believe the nonsense and want to say we don't know anything because we aren't doctors. That attitude right there is a big reason why you're crying about the attitude we have. I'm sorry you believe in detoxes and all the gmo stuff. What you should do is go ahead and block all the rude people you are talking about and only listen to the nice ones, see how far that takes you and how much awesome advice you get.

Did.... did we just get a BINGO in one single sentence?
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Exactly, therefore helping remove toxins = weight loss, but eating junk food can cause other types of toxic reactions. They are still studying cancer and its link to junk food/gmo, nothing is a fine line or easy straight answer

Your body naturally removes toxins. The reason bloodwork looks better after a person has lost weight is because they've reduced the size of the body that the internal organs have to remove toxins from. Same thing with blood pressure. If the is less places that have to have food an oxygen, the heart doesn't have to work as hard getting blood to those places.

I'll just leave this right here: http://www.scibabe.com/toxins/
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I think someone listens to the Food Babe
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    That's great and I don't put you down for it and tell you to stop dirty eating. Thats what works for you, all I'm asking is some people respect what works for other people may be different than you

Don't be condescending and show posters the same respect you're asking for.
  • baby05phat
    Options
    But even if it doesn't trigger a binge and I eat tims in combination and have a healthy day. I always wake up wanting tims the next day and the next and the next. Most likely why there are addictions to fast food, I suspect they put chemicals in there that bring us right back which was shown in lab rats as well. Lab rats picked the fast food everytime or stayed starving until they got it
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

If you have BED that's a mental issue and you should be treated for it. You should figure out what works for you, but from what I've seen it's not uncommon for restrictiveness and ideas about certain foods being bad to be an aggravating factor. If you tell yourself you can't control yourself if you eat something or that you've spoiled everything if you do, of course there's a tendency to go nuts when you finally eat it.

Better to be able to moderate.

I'm not telling you to eat Tim Hortons or McD's, as I don't care. I never go to either place because I don't care for them, but I also don't tell myself that certain foods are "bad" or "unclean" or that they have control over me. I do try to eat a nutritious and delicious diet as that furthers my goals and makes me happy.

• dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    This.

Don't be condescending and show posters the same respect you're asking for.

• hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    No I'm not going to be open to people snapping at other people with rude comments and putting down totally normal things like clean eating.
    I understand atkins, diet pills, all that miracle crap but people here snap about almost anything

What is clean eating, again? How is it a normal thing?

Those same folks who have real results did so without "clean eating". Or at least I did.
    I'm sorry you believe in detoxes and all the gmo stuff. What you should do is go ahead and block all the rude people you are talking about and only listen to the nice ones, see how far that takes you and how much awesome advice you get.

This.

byee.gif?w=600&h=510

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    If you want people to stop complaining about "clean eating," post a definition of "clean eating" that EVERYONE who claims to follow it agrees with and lives by. Until you can do that, you see exactly the reason people complain about the phrase being thrown around as a WOE instead of as a meaningless ephemeral idea.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    this thread has reached....

tin_foil_hat.gif
This discussion has been closed.