Do people treat you differently since losing weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Yep. I get hit on at the grocery store now. Oh, and gas stations. Cute.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I am getting the opposite response.. I"m getting "you don't need to lose weight" or attitudes from the girls at work.. :( As far as the men, I'm not sure. I have my wedding ring on all the time so I don't notice that. haha.
  • curlywurlyxoxo
    Options
    Most definitely, I've lost 100 lbs and my slim work colleagues are friendlier and treat me as one of 'them' now( if that makes sense).I notice people smile at me in the street more instead of the disgusted looks at my previous huge frame. Men look at me more too I'm not 'invisible' as I was before to men . I have totally changed in every way, I'm happier, confident, good self-esteem, fitter, more facially attractive etc etc...the list goes on as anypne who has had a huge weight loss will know.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I used to be a total babe when I was working as a fashion model in my teens and twenties. I used to genuinely think that people were generally kind and interested in strangers and their opinions. It was only upon losing my looks due to aging and weight gain that I realized that I had been getting special treatment due to my looks.

Ditto, except for the fashion model part. As a young and attractive woman you don't really question why people are nice, why you get special treatment, why people find you sooo clever and interesting, and you tend to think of men as being like buses - if you miss one, another will come along in 10 minutes. Then weight gain and/or age comes along and it all goes away. I'm really interested to see for myself what will change when I lose weight.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    I believe very much so. Mostly since I dropped 140ish.
    I'm down 152 now. Men pay attention in malls, public places
    and wiomen can be catty. One of my thinner friends in here
    told me when that happens, you're doing something right.
    So I guess it means I stepped from one side to the other of
    the fence .. it is very different. I was before ignored and
    overlooked anywhere for anything. When I was bigger I was
    last helped in a store, things like that. I don't miss that.
  • ShutupndMovee257
    ShutupndMovee257 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I get every side of it! I get people asking if I had surgery or if I took a pill because apparently it's impossible to lose weight the right way. I also get people tell me that I look good NOW because apparently i didn't before. And I get folks that suddenly want go work out or train with me. I certainly get a lot more attention then before and it's very very overwhelming. in all truth my mind is just catching up and I don't know how to deal with all this so I'm pretty messed up even though I'm happier with my physical self. FULL journey!
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    sometimes they do
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I get hit on LESS... except on MFP ..lol. go figure
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,670 Member
    Options

When I used to be a babe when I was modelling in the London/Paris/NYC circuit in my teens and twenties I didn't get bothered too much by men hitting on me. I think my looks then were considered too intimidating for that. So perhaps you fall in that category nowadays. It was surprising how much nicer women were to me when I had my looks. People just want to stand beside you when you look good.
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options

When I used to be a babe when I was modelling in the London/Paris/NYC circuit in my teens and twenties I didn't get bothered too much by men hitting on me. I think my looks then were considered too intimidating for that. So perhaps you fall in that category nowadays. It was surprising how much nicer women were to me when I had my looks. People just want to stand beside you when you look good.

I never thought of it that way... its a nice thought at least!! Lol
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Didn't read the replies but yes and no. I think I treat myself different and project more happiness and confidence therefore people react and treat me different.
  • Prettypedalpower
    Options
    The way over weight people are treated is dreadful..don't worry its not catching!!!! As for the change in how your treated that in my opinion is a double edged sword. I've been both a thin and a fat adult. Ive always found men talk to me... I think that comes from confidence. If you feel good you are more likely to meet someone eye etc. confidence is a very attractive quality irrespective of size shape
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!! Some people are supportive and nice and then I have those"friends" that make rude comments. They're obviously jealous, but it still pisses me off!