Alternative religions. Anyone follow one?

Options

Replies

• westhamrangers
    Options
    Hopefully people will be respectful. No, my God is better than your God. ;)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I'm Agnostic, as I think it's arrogant to assume there is nothing beyond the comprehension of mankind, but I don't believe in any specific deity or entity.
  • westhamrangers
    Options
    I'm Agnostic, as I think it's arrogant to assume there is nothing beyond the comprehension of mankind, but I don't believe in any specific deity or entity.

That's fair enough! Again, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Cheers!
  • Shaolin_Life
    Shaolin_Life Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Tree-hugger :glasses:
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'm Pagan, follow my own path but if you had to put a name to it I guess traditional solitary witch would probably come the closest.

I don't really see it as alternative though, I guess there are probably less people around now who follow this kind of path, but that wasn't always the case. Just how it is now.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to bring back Bacchus. The original new god.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Hopefully people will be respectful. No, my God is better than your God. ;)

I'd be more worried about the hipster Atheist crowd who are in it for the fad and really don't know jack about Atheism or anything but just wanna sound cool. They're the ones that usually gets these ugly. FAST!
  • emtbabe543
    emtbabe543 Posts: 162
    Options
    I'm Pagan, follow my own path but if you had to put a name to it I guess traditional solitary witch would probably come the closest.

I don't really see it as alternative though, I guess there are probably less people around now who follow this kind of path, but that wasn't always the case. Just how it is now.

a woman after my own heart-you must friend me!!!!!
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options

a woman after my own heart-you must friend me!!!!!

Haha, request sent ;)
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Bahá'í .

Acceptance, evolution, love and faith.
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    I´m not quite sure of what you consider as an alternative religion. I´m a Jehovas Witness. And I do meet prejudice often.
  • westhamrangers
    Options
    Nice to see some pagans on here. I class myself as an Odinist, Asatru, Heathen. A mix of these elements.
  • SabrinaLC
    SabrinaLC Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Atheist since birth <3

Not a "hipster atheist" either. I've honestly never even heard of that.
  • westhamrangers
    Options
    Funnily enough, I always called myself an atheist and then about 5 years ago elements of the Asatru faith crept into my life. I am not away with the fairies or anything but I see the Norse Gods as representation of nature and elements and to me that makes a lot of sense.
  • xxxtracyxxx
    xxxtracyxxx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am spiritualist but am learning loads about buddhism through Reiki. I started my journey in January so loads to learn yet. Would love to have some like minded friends on here if you want to add me. Thank you for starting this thread, I thought I was all alone! lol
  • SashaMegan
    SashaMegan Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I would assume Christianity- Catholicism, Protestant?? IDK who wrote the post

You forget Orthodoxy in Christianity :blushing:

By "mainstream" I think the poster ment the most frequent, such as Christianity, Judaism and Islam.

Personnally, I was raised as an Orthodox Christian, so I do follow many of the principles, but actually in a lot of religions one can find food for thought about the way on should live in harmony with the rest of the world (nature, human beings, animals etc). To me it's the most important; it's not about how you'll get "punished" or "rewarded" by a divinity.

Interesting to read about alternative religions anyway!
  • westhamrangers
    Options
    I would assume Christianity- Catholicism, Protestant?? IDK who wrote the post

Yes indeed!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Atheist since birth <3

Do you start randomly screaming at anyone holding a bible or any other religion book?

Do you start attacking people who are minding their own business and only flaw is they belong to a religion?

Do you try to derail any argument and say stupid things like "all I know is that religion has caused many wars" or "religion is the mass murderer" etc (even though its not even close to being the truth)?

Do you constantly belittle other peoples intelligence by saying "oh yeah you beleive in your imaginary superman, I believe in science!" when the superman believing guy is actually doing his doctorate and you're still in first year of college?

If any of those answers in yes, then you're a hipster Atheist who's just trying to get on the bandwagon. If you're being respectful to others, then kudos, you're awesome and I love you.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Hang on, is atheism alternative?
  • SabrinaLC
    SabrinaLC Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Atheist since birth <3

Do you start randomly screaming at anyone holding a bible or any other religion book?

Do you start attacking people who are minding their own business and only flaw is they belong to a religion?

Do you try to derail any argument and say stupid things like "all I know is that religion has caused many wars" or "religion is the mass murderer" etc (even though its not even close to being the truth)?

Do you constantly belittle other peoples intelligence by saying "oh yeah you beleive in your imaginary superman, I believe in science!" when the superman believing guy is actually doing his doctorate and you're still in first year of college?

If any of those answers in yes, then you're a hipster Atheist who's just trying to get on the bandwagon. If you're being respectful to others, then kudos, you're awesome and I love you.

I don't randomly scream at anyone. My family is all religious and I leave them to it. If it helps them feel better then go for it. To answer that second question, as long as I'm being left alone I leave others alone. I do personally think religion has a lot to do with some (NOT ALL) wars. And even though it helps people can cause a lot of harm. Again, I don't personally attack people for their beliefs. Religion is a VERY personal choice, just as my atheism is my personal choice. Honestly, if I've been atheist since birth I don't even know how someone could say I'm trying to get on the bandwagon. I respect others as (to their face) long as they respect me. I will admit to being rather rude and judgmental at times but it's not just religion based, it's everything.