Alternative religions. Anyone follow one?

Options

Replies

• shezzzzz
    shezzzzz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm Agnostic, as I think it's arrogant to assume there is nothing beyond the comprehension of mankind, but I don't believe in any specific deity or entity.

This, however sometimes I lean more towards Athiest, other times I contemplate becoming a Druid, lol
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I lost all faith in Microsoft earlier this week, so from now on I will be praying to Kratos....

314pjj6.jpg

You sir, are awesome.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I have rather strange religious beliefs. I believe we are here on earth to learn lessons our soul needs to learn, whether it be patience, tolerance, etc. Call it re-incarnation or whatever, but I believe we can choose to live more than one life if we want to grow further. I'm Christian, but not. Meaning, I believe in god but I believe the bible is a book of stories written to teach lessons to THAT era's people, not a hard core guide for today's living. I don't believe sitting in church for 1 hour on Sunday means more than HOW YOU ACT the other 167 hours of the week.
  • Sarahonly
    Sarahonly Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The Lord of Light... I've seen what he can do on HBO!

I wish.

But really, I'm agnostic... :P
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    I go between being earthly religious and thinking that we are all just an alien experiment...like a bunch of lab rats. Maybe they watch us from their base inside the moon. Or has anyone ever looked into the brain in a vat theory...scary ****.
  • GnomeLove
    Options
    Or perhaps we are a simulation designed by our future selves. Like the Sims Game, just on a more magnificent level.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I go between being earthly religious and thinking that we are all just an alien experiment...like a bunch of lab rats. Maybe they watch us from their base inside the moon. Or has anyone ever looked into the brain in a vat theory...scary ****.

Um, I have thought this many,many times and was so P*ISSED when that stupid Ancient Aliens show came out. That was MY theory damnit!:mad:
  • GnomeLove
    Options

Um, I have thought this many,many times and was so P*ISSED when that stupid Ancient Aliens show came out. That was MY theory damnit!:mad:

I know right!!!!??
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    Ancient Astronaut Theorist here ......Don't really believe in any "organized religion" of any kind, or "heaven" or "hell". I just do my best to be a good person every day of my life. And when I pass, I will become part of this earth eventually.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Fellow pagan here - tend to follow the Greek pantheon although also have interest in Norse, Egyptian and Roman.
  • GnomeLove
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mkiygsZAFu1qz4rgp.png
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I have rather strange religious beliefs. I believe we are here on earth to learn lessons our soul needs to learn, whether it be patience, tolerance, etc. Call it re-incarnation or whatever, but I believe we can choose to live more than one life if we want to grow further. I'm Christian, but not. Meaning, I believe in god but I believe the bible is a book of stories written to teach lessons to THAT era's people, not a hard core guide for today's living. I don't believe sitting in church for 1 hour on Sunday means more than HOW YOU ACT the other 167 hours of the week.

Why do you believe all that? Anyone can say "I believe" but why do they believe? Did you have a vision? Do you believe your mum had a vision? Your pastor? Or did you just decide that you believe, because you don't like the idea of not believing?

What is your basis for belief?

I do like your 167 hours. The measure of a person is what they do, regardless of where they were on Sunday morning.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    My thoughts combine Christianity and Buddhism with a smattering of Taoism and everything else. I take a Bruce Lee approach to religion.

Strangely, if I posted this on another forum I frequent, it'd be about 3 posts before someone would reply "I don't have any invisible friends nor do I believe in fairy stories".

There are equally balanced, logical people here so why it doesn't happen so quickly I don't know.
  • drefaw
    Options

You are awesome ............
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

His hair cracks me up.
  • drefaw
    Options

LOL, me too .....
  • drefaw
    Options

His hair cracks me up.

I cannot see this pic, or gif, or whatever here at work....BUT, I know exactly who yo are talking about .....LMAO....that hair is something else ....
  • lvsglass
    lvsglass Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I don't follow a religion, I follow Christ and to me, that is beginning to feel like the alternative spiritual path, interesting thread :-)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I believe in a higher spiritual power. I do reiki (Asian form of energy healing), and I meditate quite often. I have recently started rediscovering my meti roots (I'm a bi-product of residential schools) and I was raised Catholic. I am slowly learning how to send and receive love and light, see auras and sense spirits. Sounds flaky I know, and trust me it's a hell of a trip.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    How about tolerant and mostly non-judgemental (it would be a lie to say that I am totally non-judgmental, as I haven't met anyone that is truly non-judgemental) Southern Baptist?